Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My biking history so far...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

greenmeanie
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:36 - 10 Mar 2007    Post subject: My biking history so far... Reply with quote

how do everyone!!

I am extremely bored so i thought i would tell you a little bit about my biking history lol

My first bike experience was when i was 15 and my best mate picked up his gilera dna50, he rode it up to a quiet road and i followed on my bmx lol (i nearly beat him haha). The moment i sat in the seat i knew bikes were for me, it was just the overwhelming feeling of freedom it gave which drew me in.

However after talking it through with my parents they wouldnt let me get a bike until i had passed my full test! grrr so nearly 2 years of eagerly waiting was an absolute killer!
The day after my 17th birthday i was straight on the phone to bikesafe and my cbt and lessons were booked, it must of cost me £800 to go through the full process but it was more than definatley worth it and on the 7th of december 2004 i was fully qualified to ride a bike on the road! Mr. Green Mr. Green

To celebrate 2 weeks later i went and bought myself a little christmas present, a 2001 kawasaki er-5 mmmm... i hear you all say lol.

Nothing could ever describe that feeling when i went to pick it up and it was all mine. When i set off up the road it felt like an absolute rocket ship, the power was unbelievable and the noise was mindblowing!!!

I spent nearly all of 2005 with the er-5, it was my baby and i loved it, but like with everything the newness soon disappeard and i realised i was left with a slow rusting bike, but all in all it was a fantastic year minus the 3 points and the small spill.

Then nearly a year to the day later, i was talking about bikes (as always) with my boss at my new job and he said he was thinking about downsizing from his bandit 600 for winter and getting a smaller bike for a winter hack, jokingly i suggested we should swap, and amazingly he agreed!!

So there it was bike number 2 a 98 bandit 600n, again the new feeling returned and i was in love with the 4cyl noise and the power!

However around the same time i also passed my car test, and by march i was doing the same 40mile commute in a corsa 1.2 beast. and when the time came for the bandits tax and mot at the end of august i decided it would be wiser to take it off road and put it to rest for winter.

A few weeks ago i decided to uncover it and start work on preparing it for summer. to my disgust all i saw was a big pile of rust, i knew it would be a mammoth task.

And you know what i thought... FUCK THAT!!!

soooo.... last week i went and bought myself a Honda cbr600rr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green i got it yesterday and i am absolutley chuffed to bits with it!! it just looks, sounds and goes fucking awesome!

Well thats my story up to now. If you have actually got to this point you must be more bored than me!!

all i can say now is BRING ON SUMMER!!!!!!!!

catch ya later

greenmeanie Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 20:40 - 10 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up Is that a yank import? Think they had a yellow scheme.

greenmeanie
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:42 - 10 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, although the colour scheme is very rare over here, its the first one ive ever seen anyway. Mr. Green

Resurrection
Ballast Boy

PostPosted: 08:53 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any pics of how bad the bandit is now?

Nice new bike BTW

Res

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That cbr is really nice, good read too Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Essex_Mike
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:49 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good read Cool

Will agree that ya must have been bored to write it Wink

I love that CBR, have fun Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 19:15 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them 6RRs are nice, just don't wheelie and flip it like someone i know did Embarassed

Yoko
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:27 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My turn! Sorry its a bit of a read!!

My love of bikes started in junior school when I used to run about with my Italian mate Lee Page with our arms held out as if we were holding on to handle bars going "ERRRRRRRMMMMMMM ERMMMMMM ERMMMMMMM ERRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMM" at break and lunch.

That was it until I was about 19 when I decided to give up on learning to drive a car and went for my CBT. Turned up not really too sure what to expect. With the day over I was hooked. A few weeks later proud as punch I got my CG125. Within a few months I'd ridden it to Lincoln (some 200 miles away) all non motorway and then back again a week later. Totally loved it.
While in Lincoln my uncle took me out on the back of his 04 ZX10R. My fucking god. My hands and arms where soooo stiff from holding on it was unbelievable. It wheelied all over the place and broke a ton in first. I’d felt nothing like it before! My uncle said he’d never heard someone scream and swear so much in half an hour – and he’d spent 23 years in the army!

Then came a bad bad day. Some kids in a red car didn’t see me slowing for a sharp left turn and slammed into the back of me at about 40 mph. I was fine but my bike was no more.

After the insurance paid out (theirs and they valued the bike 300 quid more than I paid for it!) I went and bought a TDR125. The extra power was great (it was a 2t 125) I thought it was amazing. Had that for about 6 months when it started to go wrong. The engine died and I had to replace it. As soon as it was back on the road I was talked in to booking my full test. So with no lessons and a week later I took the test and within 5 minutes thought I'd failed only to be told at the end I'd passed with 1 minor!

About 3 days later I set of to Silverstone to ride the National Circuit on G's R6 having never ridden a big bike. First few laps 6k rpm was more than enough to scare me! After a few more sessions I was soon doing 140mph down the back straight and about 10mph round the bends!! An amazing day I'll never forget.

With the L plates burned I rode home and celebrated. Soon I sold the TDR and bought my first big bike. A 1999 R6 for £3k. It took me 10 minutes to pull away from the show room but when I did what a feeling! After riding it about for a few months it started playing up and after a few days wouldn’t start. Turns out the restrictors where making it run rich and fucking up the plugs (and slowly the engine) got the restrictors taken out and it dynoed 109bhp at the rear wheel! Again the power was amazing. I'd never felt anything like it before.

A week after this on the way home from box hill I came off a roundabout and accelerated away. I got to about 90mph when there was a huge bang and the rear slid all over the road! I managed to control it and pulled over to see what had happened. There was oil pissing out from the engine and a trail of it up the road – I was gutted but also very very lucky.

The front sprocket nut had come off and smashed a hole in the engine locking the rear wheel. I had the bike taken to the garage and had a huge argument with them. In the end I swapped it for a 2003 ZX6R for a grand more than the R6.

Again a week later the restricts where taken out and full power released!

Last year I toured Scotland with 2 mates and had a great time. I've done Snetterton track day. I got the bike last March with 5500 miles on the clock it now reads 25k - goes to show how much use its had!

Biking is well and truly in my blood. I'm by no means a fast rider but love every minute on a bike. I can’t imagine not having a bike I think I'd be howling at the moon before too long! I can only hope my old mucker Lee is riding about on a Ducati or an MV (he was Italian!)

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:57 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give Karma out when i have it, good write ups guys.
Loving that CBR.
Cool Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

greenmeanie
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:44 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a nice read yoko!! Thumbs Up Mr. Green

I remember reading about your r6 when that happened, its cool that it worked out for the best in the end!

Im pretty much sure that everyone who has ever had any experience of a bike will have a story to tell. Once bikes are in your blood there is no escaping them! It would be good to hear some of your guys and gals experiences.

So come on people, spill..
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 49 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1