Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is it manners or what? or just me lol

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fran
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:53 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Is it manners or what? or just me lol Reply with quote

Well I had to have a rant as thats twice in 24hrs Ive been pissed off with my neighbours.

Now I am not racist or predjudice in any way, but I do feel strongly about manners and respect for other people and their property.

Last night I got in and my next door neighbour had parked over my drive, blocking my other car, and making me park up the road. Now I have always thought that it was in the highway code not to block entrances? I am wrong? Anyway a quick note explaining that its rude to block a persons driveway and dont do it again was the outcome, hopefully there wont be a 4th time.

Now tonight my daughter is tidying out the car for her pocket money, and puts my manual on the pavement while shes working, she rushes in saying two men had just taken it! FFs I thought how cheeky is that, Its a household of Russian fellas, who wouldnt answer my knocks on the door, but when one happend to walk out, 1st he denys its his car, then it took me 3 attempts asking before he admitted he had it......he said it looked like she was throwing it out. I just dont know what it is, people seem to have no consideration for folk these days. I just told him, if she was throwing it out it would have been in the bin ffs. Cheeky shit Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Resurrection
Ballast Boy

PostPosted: 20:20 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran if you want me to come round and explain to these ill mannered fools i will!

And yes its illegal to park across someone elses driveway!

Res

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enoch Powell was right. Mixing different cultures seldom (if ever) works. IMOToo.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:37 - 12 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

shove a note from the highway code about driveway parking or block their gate so they can't get out at all Thumbs Up or just persitantly annoy them anyway you can Cool

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:42 - 12 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: Is it manners or what? or just me lol Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
Well I had to have a rant as thats twice in 24hrs Ive been pissed off with my neighbours.

Now I am not racist or predjudice in any way, but I do feel strongly about manners and respect for other people and their property.

Last night I got in and my next door neighbour had parked over my drive, blocking my other car, and making me park up the road. Now I have always thought that it was in the highway code not to block entrances? I am wrong? Anyway a quick note explaining that its rude to block a persons driveway and dont do it again was the outcome, hopefully there wont be a 4th time.

Now tonight my daughter is tidying out the car for her pocket money, and puts my manual on the pavement while shes working, she rushes in saying two men had just taken it! FFs I thought how cheeky is that, Its a household of Russian fellas, who wouldnt answer my knocks on the door, but when one happend to walk out, 1st he denys its his car, then it took me 3 attempts asking before he admitted he had it......he said it looked like she was throwing it out. I just dont know what it is, people seem to have no consideration for folk these days. I just told him, if she was throwing it out it would have been in the bin ffs. Cheeky shit Evil or Very Mad

Sounds like a move to Blackely village cant come soon enough eh Wink

Just, with Blackely, you'll have to put up with loud mouthed idiots like me Laughing

Gpz 900R
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:26 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report the car blocking the drive to the police, put money on it not being on the road legally, coppers removing their car and knocking the door will probably put the wind up em, if that doesn't work or the cops won't come out next time it happens and they deny it's theirs start to dismantle it , i reckon the owner will, as if by magic appear then.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Enoch Powell was right. Mixing different cultures seldom (if ever) works. IMOToo.

Funny, it's what you Inglese have been doing for centuries...

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please provide evidence of that Bazza Very Happy

Edited to add......

As an aside, when someone mentions the Germans and calls them a nasty bunch of people 'cos they "bombed our chippy", they are often (and rightly so) told that the present generation of Germans had nothing to do with the bombings of English 'chippies' so they should not be blamed for it or perhaps reminded of it, it just isn't cricket.
Yet when someone like myself mentions anything to do with stopping immigration, failed multiculturalism or anything else related, we are always reminded that the problems we now face were brought on by ourselves.

Well I can tell you that NONE of it was, and never will be, my fault. I don't want myself or my family to suffer as a result of the actions of previous generations, just like present day Germans are not (and in my opinion never should be) blamed for the holocaust.

Regards
Gordon[/u][/b]

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Please provide evidence

1066 and all that.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Bazza, thanks for the reply.

I (sort of) understand about the 1066 thing and I understand why some people thing that we Brits are a mongrel race.
Whilst I do not pretend to understand all of the history which precedes us, I find it quite annoying when people make a statement without first understanding a little of the facts.
The British race came about all those years ago when various other (but very very similar) races landed on these shores. Hence why some of us have dark hair, some red hair, some light hair and slightly different shades of skin colour. The mixing of those very similar races (and the peoples already here) came together to make up the British people.
It is important to understand that all of those races were genetically very similar and generally came from the same area on the globe.

Regards

Gordon

pwntifex
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still here? Rolling Eyes

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwntifex wrote:
Are you still here? Rolling Eyes

Who?

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:

It is important to understand that all of those races were genetically very similar and generally came from the same area on the globe.

Correct. Africa, I believe.

Sorry to piss on your chips there, Adolf. Laughing Laughing Laughing

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy No, further north in present day Europe. If our decendants came from Africa, surely we would all have darker skin. I obviously have this all wrong. [must remind myself that light skin people come from africa] Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers

Gordy

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
I obviously have this all wrong.

Correct.

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Very Happy No, further north in present day Europe. If our decendants came from Africa, surely we would all have darker skin. I obviously have this all wrong. [must remind myself that light skin people come from africa] Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers

Gordy

As far as I recall reading, we all descended from Africa. Humans that migrated north became paler as a form of evolution. So, technically speaking, white people are descendants of black.

Look at it this way, it's widely accepted that humans and apes both evolved from a common ancestor, since there are black humans, and apes are dark skinned, the common ancestor must have also been dark. Therefore, unless a dark 'ape' evolved into a white 'human' in a single step, it stands to reason that white people evolved from black.
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that we are thinking of very different times. I am thinking about when the Celts, Ancient Romans, Brythons, Germanics, Vikings and Normans, (perhaps others too) came to this land before it seperated from the European mainland and much later became the Kingdom of Great Britain. I have a feeling there were no Australopithecines around at that time.
A moot point now I guess.

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:17 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

And from what I've read it seems that when the Anglo-Saxons (who are a bunch of different peoples lumped conveniently underneath that umbrella term) first started coming into this country (at the request of the then post-Roman 'King' Vortigern to help defend against other invading tribes) there were exactly the same racial tensions as existed in the 50s with Windrush and the 70s with the 'Asian' community.

Racial tension is nothing new. We got over that 1500 years ago - the Anglo-Saxons eventually took complete control of the country (Alfred the Great was an Anglo-Saxon king). We got over the Norman invasion and all the associated tensions that brought (they took over control of the country).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we had better change religion then.

Fran
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:23 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats religeon got to do with it?

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
I have a feeling there were no Australopithecines around at that time.

I have the feeling that there are still Neanderthals around today...

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:07 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really a question of changing religion (although I know you were joking).

Under the Romans we were to begin withl pagan, then when the Romans went for Christianity in a big way they appropriated all of the Britons' sacred-but-pagan festivals and gave them Christian names, hence Yuletide became Christmas etc. Then when they disappeared, Britain (not that the term existed then) went back to being pagan until the Christian invasion 400 or so years after the Romans left.

Imposing a religion on a sceptical people is never a good idea. You assimilate to make the people you're now controlling feel like nothing is essentially changing.

Gradual change from within, rather than fully-imposed and instant change. First a few people start converting, then before you know it we're all Christian. Hoorah. As opposed to "You WILL become Protestant you b*stards and if you don't like it then f*ck off to America, or whatever it's called."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian

Quote:
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Wink Whistle
More irony to build 3 titanics?
(Just kidding)

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan 4RR wrote:
cestrian

Quote:
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Wink Whistle
More irony to build 3 titanics?
(Just kidding)

Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 50 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1