Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mods for the NSRs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:26 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Mods for the NSRs Reply with quote

Ill have a bit of money left over when i get the NSR, what sort of mods is there, both performance and looks wise?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 22:28 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

you rich twat Sad

/me feels so very sad at being 1k in debt.

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:31 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i was going to buy a used NSR, so i saved up the cash for it but cant get one up here, so i thought what the hell and got finance on this new one. Which means ive got the cash i originally saved to spend on mods and stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 22:32 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone should be in debt (about 1.2k will do)

then i'll be happy Razz

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:06 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

the first thing i would do is change the big indicators and put some small ones on then get a sports exchast such as an arrows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:22 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
the first thing i would do is change the big indicators and put some small ones on then get a sports exchast such as an arrows.

Does the exaust do anything with the sound, it would be nice if that 125 sound could be changed to sound a bit beefier.

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Naaa a sports exhaust does the opposite make's it sound more ringeyer if there is such a word

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:35 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
you rich twat Sad

/me feels so very sad at being 1k in debt.

Only 1K??

Lucky bastard!!

Im on about 12 times that!

zaknafien

PostPosted: 15:09 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh i think me and you should go down the bikechatforum pub and drown our sorrows Sad

and im only 18 Sad at 18 i should be loaded and ready to take on the world damnit!

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:17 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, im only 19 myself.

Student life sux!!

zaknafien

PostPosted: 17:01 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch

Stevo

PostPosted: 22:11 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a race pipe, will make it sound much more tinny, than std, a bit like a motocross bike does. I saw a new KMX125 that had been fitted with a Giannelli pipe last night at a bike meet. The kid said that it does over 80mph, but he admitted that the noise was irritating. If i had an NSR RR then id have to do something to remove that horrible long mudguard at the back, as it makes the back end look horrible. If you wanna spend some money on an NSR then how about getting a 160cc kit fitted and set up, for a bit more poke!
You must be logged in to rate posts

Philly Chilly
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:04 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

Dan wrote:

i wanna do the same thing, i took the big ass mudguard off, well a bit off it..... im lookin to change indicators to smaller 1s but where do u get them from.....
just any bike shop??????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:51 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the whole back off really. The whole mudguard the lot. All I have now is the plate at the back (will get pics soon), and my plate is a 9'x3' at that, and it looks awesome cos you can see most of the back wheel.

Mini indicators are simple to fit, just unplug the standard ones and mount the mini ones, which may require a bit of thinking as to how to secure them etc, but I just drilled a hole and bolted them onto the frotn and back, looks wicked.

Vissie
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 11 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the standard indicators clip on or not?

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 13:04 - 11 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolt on, they bolt to a metal bracket (which I have removed now) at the front, and the mudguard at the back (which I have now removed hehe). Laughing

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:56 - 11 May 2002    Post subject: Re: Mods for the NSRs Reply with quote

MultiSync wrote:
Ill have a bit of money left over when i get the NSR, what sort of mods is there, both performance and looks wise?

you can get diferent coulour and double bubble screens from carnell, you can get anodised fairing bolts and things like carbon fuel cap,yoak and clock covers, single seat convert(very hard to come by, unless your in germany) k&n filter, mallosi do a 185cc bore kit a raceing carb kit and a carbon reed kit, dynomite can get you a quick shifter ummmm i cant think of anything else at the mo lol
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1