Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

derestricting speedfight 2 ac

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:51 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: derestricting speedfight 2 ac Reply with quote

hi everyone i just got my ped last month brand new and have only done 300km, i want to take the washer out of the variator but is there any point in doing this. will i see a difference and will it damage the bike? also should i run the bike in a bit more before i attempl to derestrict it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sagiliam
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:30 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The washer in the variator is unlikely to be the only restriction. Probably be a washer in the exhaust also.
Ls
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:48 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know about all of the restrictions onit but i just want to know if the washer will make any difference to the performance/life of the bike.

sagiliam
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:08 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
know about all of the restrictions onit but i just want to know if the washer will make any difference to the performance/life of the bike

Taken out byitself with the others left. I doubt it will make any significant difference. Im not massively clued up as some others on here about deristriction. But imo, no unless you take them all out its not worth it.

Ls

GeorgeCBR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:29 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It allows the transmission to acess higher gears, therefore increasing the top end, you wont notice any acceleration difference, but top end should be better. The restriction in your exhaust will allow for better acceleration. But their could well be 2 in the exhaust, one in the manifold the other in the end can.

Previous || Suzuki Bandit 600N - Honda CBR 125 - Gilera Runner 50

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:35 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

should i get some rollers aswell and if so what weight should i get without it effecting the top speed.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i'm gonna post this so you don't screw it up because you're going to mess with it anyway aren't you?

if you remove the washer from the variator all you will do is derestrict the drive train, not the whole bike, therefore your engine will not rev higher this only allows the wheels to spin faster

on a new speedfight they don't have a washer in the variator, its the backplate of the variator you have to remove, (so there's no back on the variator), then you have to remove the exhaust, and you will find a secondary blanked off chamber by where the exhaust bolts onto the head, (this chokes the engine, therefore restricting its revs), you can either get it chopped off and welded up as if it was never there, or stick it in a vice and crush it, i recommend if you crush it that you do it a couple of inches away from where it welds onto the main part of the exhaust or you can break the weld, and you will have to get it welded anyway

if you do it this way you will not need to mess with different variator rollers

if you change the exhaust, good luck! it will then need rollers and a bigger main jet in the carb (as you will have done away with the catalytic convertor) , so don't bother as it will take an age to set up properly

you must do both of these together, remove the backplate to derestrict the drive speed, and crush the exhaust secondary chamber to derestrict the engine

don't use an air gun to get the variator off, you'll eventually screw up the thread on the end of the crank doing it like that!

oh yea, i'm a fully qualified peugeot scooter mechanic with all the certificates from peugeot uk (three cross m/c) so this is the only post you can believe, I know it might not be the sensible thing to do letting you know how to deresrict your ped, buy i'd rather you do it properly as I know you're going to mess with it anyway

PS after you're done, please bear in mind, the lighter you weigh the faster it will go, in my experience if you're 8 stone it will go into the red on the speedo, the bit after it ends at 55mph, if you weigh 16 stone you'll be hard pushed to see 50mph, its due to the power to weight ratio

0ddball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top speed has nothing to do with power to weight ratio. On a level road weight is irrelevent.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:17 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

so your saying a 50cc ped could take the incredible hulk, with shrek as a pillion 50mph? as long as the road was flat?
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

0ddball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

All other things being equal, yes.

But the Hulk and Shrek are a bit bigger than your average ped boy so their air resistance would be larger which would lower their top speed. Maybe if they put donkey on the front his teeth could act as a windbreak.

If you have a car that will do 150mph with just you driving, it will still do 150mph with shrek and the hulk in the back and the gold from the Italian job in the boot. Extra weight (within reason) means it just takes longer to get to the top speed.

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:51 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so ill do those things thanx but you say not to use an impact wrench, what else can i use? also is it as easy to do the variator on my ped as it is with one where you justr have to remove the washer?

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayjayspeedfightmaniac wrote:
ok so ill do those things thanx but you say not to use an impact wrench, what else can i use? also is it as easy to do the variator on my ped as it is with one where you justr have to remove the washer?

i see what you mean, i have the benefit of the special tool to lock up the variator on the starter teeth, so be careful

basically the backplate of the variator is the restrictor, so remove it via the three 7mm bolts and don't put it back on again Very Happy

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:26 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well i dont have an impact wrench is there anything else i can do to take the nut off? also what type off speeds do you think ill be able to reach?

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:12 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i removed the air filter box and started it up, it sounded a lot better. if i were to drill a few holes in the box would it damage the bike at all because all of the air will still be passing through the filter.

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:15 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i removed the air filter box and started it up, it sounded a lot better. if i were to drill a few holes in the box would it damage the bike at all because all of the air will still be passing through the filter.

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:16 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you actually do it 3 times? Shocked

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:44 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol no i dont know whats with the repeated post. also people steriotype people who want to make their ped sound more than a hairdryer on crack as chavs and i am NOT one.

spike_Alike
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:38 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayjayspeedfightmaniac wrote:
lol no i dont know whats with the repeated post. also people steriotype people who want to make their ped sound more than a hairdryer on crack as chavs and i am NOT one.

Chav or no Chav, I'd still say its a huge waste of money that could be going towards a nice 125 in a years time.

Edit: Also, most of the resident Chavs around here have either a "souped up" scooter or (when they come of age) a Nova with a gross paintjob and ugly bodykit. I guess its the same for other places, hence the stereotype.

Not having a dig at you or anything though, if you've got the money and its what you want to do, then thats cool.

RS1Banger
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:07 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you've derestricted the exhaust and not done the variator
then you will be revving too high

see this old post

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1201211&highlight=#1201211

i used to have a lc speedfight,
it did 50mph with 30 stone of me and my workmate for 15 miles going to work,
i was quite surprised

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:06 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone answer my question please.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 17:22 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one?

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:23 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 17:39 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is "possibly". Drilling holes in the airbox could make the fuel/air mixture leaner, resulting in the engine running hotter. You'd need to check the jetting if you were to do this.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:42 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then thanks. I dont have an impact wrench is there anything else i can do to take the nut off the variator? Also what type off speeds do you think ill be able to reach?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2