Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2T project Honda NSF 125+Aprillia Af1 125+Garelli 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Runner
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:01 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: 2T project Honda NSF 125+Aprillia Af1 125+Garelli 125 Reply with quote

My 2T project started because I wanted to build some 2T bike project because I didnt seen them much.

Heart of project was 1986 Honda NS 125 F,on motor there were changes I put 175 ccm pollini kit and sport filter,now bike has I think about 30 horsepowers.

For front end of bike I used first end of Garelli 125 with 16 inches wheel and double discs with its original Brembo callipers.
because forks were as same wade as like the originals ones in Honda i left hondas bridges.
I also fitted flat steering wheel because honda in origan had sport one.
For lights front I used 2 round pieces.
Instrument pannel is from Cagiva Freccia I think.

Last edited by Runner on 14:36 - 23 Apr 2007; edited 2 times in total

Runner
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:14 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

because Honda in original had rear drum brake,I wanted to put disc and attractive rear wheel.I found one from Aprillia AF1 125 that i like very much.It is mono swing arm for little attraction:))))
It was little hard to put it in honda chassis because it was little wide at the upper end and everything was around becouse aprillia had on the right side chain and honda like most bikes on left so everything was around:)))
So I had to put on swing arm new holders for new armotizer form 1990 honda NSR.
Tyre wides for this swing arm was 130 so I put Pirelli Sport Deamon.
It was little also troubles to put rear braking cylinder for rear brake because Honda in original didnt had place for it(it was drum rear.).But I managed to fit it on chassis in the end so now I have 220 mm rear disc that combined with front two this 120 kilos bike stops in few meters:))))

Last edited by Runner on 14:39 - 23 Apr 2007; edited 1 time in total

Runner
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:18 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next thing to change was exaust,becouse in 2t bikes tube is very important to its good work of engine,I only changed top which was home made work from my friend and sound is very goood.))Reall 2t:)))!!!

Runner
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:28 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all of tehnical stuff was over it was time for making bike more atrractive looking:)))
Even that process is far from over (I need to paint bike,wheels...Smile,I startd it by putting tail of Yamaha R1 1998,and tail lie on tail chassis of Cagiva Mito and stop lights are from Honda NSR 125 1990.

Runner
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:31 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

And at the end as resime,It was really taking lot of effort and time to built even this 2T project I can imagine what it needs for 4T bike:))))
But I built it becouse I seen really little of 2T bikes projects but reall ones not youst making it look better and I want to make that Honda better bike to drive and nicer to look:)))
Now I have on my 125 double front discs,rear swing mono arm,fancy exoust like most much bigger and and expensive bikes dont:))))

Now you can judge my bike but I hope you even little like it.

PS: this is original new Honda NS125 F

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very cool, how does the bike handle with the new front wheel?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:57 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That *is* cool.

I would like to see it with a 17in front wheel though, would make all the difference to the handling of the bike.

I really like the looks too, sort of paired down roadbike, but not quite into streetfighter tartiness.

Me likey! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Runner
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:12 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
Wow, very cool, how does the bike handle with the new front wheel?

Whole front end and wheel is from Garelli 125 ccm but it has two discs and brembo brakes (belive it or not Shocked ) and I like it for that,and handling it is ok with flat steering wheel I dont feel any difference or something it is really easy bike to drive and turn...

And you can do front wheelies easier Very Happy

Welshd1k
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats one sick bike i want that front end Sad

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:09 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I would like to see it with a 17in front wheel though, would make all the difference to the handling of the bike.

Suspect that would make it worse, given the NS frame is designed to work with a 16" front wheel.

Fair amount of work done there.

All the best

Keith

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 16:49 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the first cool modded 125 road bike I've seen.

Nice one. Thumbs Up

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1