Biker sues over death crash boy

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:39 - 07 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilbur wrote:

The alleged offence? Slapping him on the bottom.

FFS

I have a sister who's a teacher and she's not allowed to hit.

Whereas when I was at school kids were hit by the teachers. I remember one cocky little txxt having his backside whacked infront of 2 classes.

The worlds gone mad.

honey dog
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:18 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do feel for the parents as they have lost their son, who they undoubtedly loved, but, why should the biker have to go through all this and then be expected to just shrug his shoulders, and say "oh well, never mind"?

he does deserve to be compensated, and if the parents have a policy that cover this, then that should pay out.

not only did the kid act in a very stupid manner, but he directly put others lives at risk.
if the van had gone out of control, it could have killed all of the kids mates too, or other innocent people.

it is tricky as the lad died as a direct result of his actions, but i really dont believe that the biker should not claim, as he is entitled to Wink

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
wilbur wrote:

The alleged offence? Slapping him on the bottom.

FFS

I have a sister who's a teacher and she's not allowed to hit.

Whereas when I was at school kids were hit by the teachers. I remember one cocky little txxt having his backside whacked infront of 2 classes.

The worlds gone mad.

The world has gone mad, but stopping people hitting kids is not one of them.
Teachers ought to be allowed to use reasonable force without hitting, and should get the benefit of the doubt in cases where there is a complaint (not instantly suspended).

But I dont hit my child, and never will as a general rule, so I would be seriously pissed off if a teacher did so.

You hit someone, and it is assault, doesn't make any difference how old that person is.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll smack my bastard children.

I got a skelped erse when I was young, those little bastards are getting the same treatment. Laughing

Angelic

wilbur
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:13 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The world has gone mad, but stopping people hitting kids is not one of them.
Teachers ought to be allowed to use reasonable force without hitting, and should get the benefit of the doubt in cases where there is a complaint (not instantly suspended).

I agree but she does not hit her pupils, nobody there thinks she did. Its a campaign to get rid of her. I was an obnoxious twat when I was at school (some might say I still am Wink ). I know what gits children can be. Indeed we got rid of several teachers (to my shame) we never used that method though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble is most kids believe they are untouchable. And unless the parents can be bothered to actually do real parenting, they usually are, as the personal stories shared here have shown.

Born2bVile
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:14 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

exampilfied by the bit in Naked gun 2 & 1/2 where Frank beats up Hacker in the wheel chair , hes an evil git but they automatically assume he is attacking the man in the wheel chair.

Slightly OT, but funny as fuck............

We were working on the Midlands Bike Show in 2005, so on Saturday night we descended on Leamington Spa for a beer or 20.

At the time, Kel (my missus) was having problems with her legs, so was in a wheelchair.

We went in a pub, where the only free seats were up a couple of little steps, I asked Kel wether she could manage them and with a little help, she got out of the chair and had a proper seat.

One of the lads with us promptly sat in her wheelchair and made himself comfortable.

A minute later one of the other lads walks over, sees the guy in the chair and says 'Get up, you crippled fucker' and tips the chair over.

Whole pub shocked to silence, us pissing our sides laughing. Especially as the guy in the chair (now on the floor) just lay there and said 'I'm fine, just pass me my beer'.

Took some explaining to calm everyone down Very Happy

Cheers,

Byrnie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

But I dont hit my child, and never will as a general rule, so I would be seriously pissed off if a teacher did so.

Agreed, if a teacher ever hit my child, they better be prepared for physical retribution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fahd
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MouseDog wrote:
fenton wrote:
what estate. even if this guy does win the case. what estate does a 15 year old lad have? and you cant expect the parents too pay.

I think the parents should be held accountable for the actions of their under age kids, it is their responsibility to look after their kids.

Children will always be children, I wouldn't say it would be fair to blame the parents as I am sure they were completely unaware that their child was doing such a thing at the time of the accident.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fahd wrote:

Children will always be children, I wouldn't say it would be fair to blame the parents as I am sure they were completely unaware that their child was doing such a thing at the time of the accident.

Upbringing. Bad parenting. The parents are definitely at least partially to blame.
I would never have been so stupid as a kid. Yes I did daft things, but there are some things that are just beyond that.

The system as it stands encourages the poorest and most disfunctional of families to bring children into the world to claim the allowance.
Then we wonder why the streets are full of out of control scrotes.

Captain Caveman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:
Upbringing. Bad parenting. The parents are definitely at least partially to blame.
I would never have been so stupid as a kid. Yes I did daft things, but there are some things that are just beyond that.

The system as it stands encourages the poorest and most disfunctional of families to bring children into the world to claim the allowance.
Then we wonder why the streets are full of out of control scrotes.

I agree. Kids should know what is right and what is wrong. They may not understand the full implications of their actions but they know it is wrong. I'm sorry the kid died, don’t like to see anyone getting hurt, but it's the biker that I really feel sorry for.

As for the "how can I watch my kids all the time?" Again right and wrong, you either trust them or you don't. If this kids parents trusted there sons then they were wrong.

Someone ultimately has to take responsibility, if the kid is not old enough under the law then it is the parents, don't like it don't have kids.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 19:57 - 24 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6588059.stm

Quote:
A motorcyclist found to be blameless after hitting and killing a 12-year-old boy who was playing "chicken" in a road has won compensation for his injuries.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 24 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6588059.stm

Quote:
A motorcyclist found to be blameless after hitting and killing a 12-year-old boy who was playing "chicken" in a road has won compensation for his injuries.

There is hope for us yet... Thumbs Up

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 24 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Payout for biker who killed boy

does the inference in that offend anyone else? Evil or Very Mad

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 25 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just lose all respect for the reporter/paper when I see headlines like that. It's designed to get a reaction;
''what!? How can he be blameless after 'hitting and killing' a kid!? and then asking for compensation!?''

When in simple truth, the kid effectively killed himself by running in front of the bike and in turn caused injury to the poor sod riding it.

The papers are littered with similar ' big payout' stories every day, they're just boring.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3