BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My new (old) Jawa

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:20 - 06 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked in by here for the first time in a while.

It produces a massive 26hp according to the book and redlines at 6k. This equates to a top speed of around 70mph but you don't want to stay there unless you want to be replacing pistons all the time. There is plenty of torque though, it'll pull the same no matter how loaded it is.

I big-bored my old one to 400cc and upgeared it, it would pull 85mph which believe me, is plenty fast enough given the rolling chassis and brakes.

I would equate the degree of rider input and concentration required to sit at 70mph on a Jawa to doing 120 on the VFR.

The stencils were cut out of normal A4 paper using a craft knife, I printed the lettering on off my computer using a stencil font.

My last Jawa had one of those velorex sidecars and I have scars where the bone-pins went to prove it.

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 17:12 - 10 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool indeed, liking the paint job. Thumbs Up

Beavis
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:24 - 11 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad has an old 250 CZ Enduro in the garage - one with the grey coffin shaped tank and magnesium drum brakes. Its a little animal, lol.

I'll get some pics if anyones is interested?

=chris=

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 11 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had enough garage space, I'd love to have another go at restoring one of these.

I had the same jawa 350, but it was an absolute pig and it beat me - I gave up with it (generator was screwed - no one knew anything about them and no one was willing to help and the chance of replacement parts - you'll be lucky! (unless you know better stinky?)

Theres something enchanting about old basic technology, you can just get your spanners out and have a go at it, where as modern bikes, if your a bit of a noob and have a poke about you'll probably put some electronic gubbins out of sync.

Oh by the way, I've got a brand new 6v battery for the Jawa (well 3 years old but I never got to use it because the Gen was fooked), if you need a replacement stinky, give me a shout and you can have it for postage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:27 - 13 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has the 12v, 3-phase, field coil alternator. They are much more reliable than the 6v units.

A German company stocks almost every part for every Jawa ever made. They also do aftermarket 12v dynamno/CDI conversions for them, don't even need a battery. https://www.mz-b.de

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 23:09 - 13 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice quality they are too.

I treated my MZ to one.
At £176 it stings the wallet though!

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 353 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2