Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

All Motorbikes To Be Electronically Tagged?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Biking News & Rumours by G (2 Jun 2007 - 10:39)
View previous topic : View next topic  

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: All Motorbikes To Be Electronically Tagged? Reply with quote

Quote:
The DVLA is considering forcing all the UK's 1.3 million motorcycles to be fitted with plates featuring electronic tags, which are currently being trialled.

This is from https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6707367.stm

I for one will not be paying to be 'tagged' -or have my movements recorded by the Government.

Swipe
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:31 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want me to have a tagged plate they can damn well pay for it.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=117071

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:39 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swipe wrote:

Don't worry, they'd soon get the money back when they notice that your average speed was 72mph between two of their stolen-vehicle-checking posts on the motorway and slap an SP30 on you.

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 12:20 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stick your tagged plate in the microwave for a few seconds. That'll destroy the (presumably) rfid thingy.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I can see me riding without any plates. That or the aforementioned microwave trick. The moment you start doing this sort of shit it'll go underground, and become impossible to enforce. They're just hoping that we'll roll over and take it, and not perform a 500,000 biker go slow on the M25.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:50 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill the chip and you will be reported by the roadside cameras as having a possibly-stolen vehicle, which will then be tracked by every camera you pass until the police can be bothered to send somebody along, who will probably do you for having a non-working chip.

Similar for no plates if they've got a half-decent setup.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Similar for no plates if they've got a half-decent setup.

And what are the chances of that? This bunch of twats couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:02 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not, but I'd bet if they were allowed there'd sure be good at taxing the whores and handing out further penalty-charge notices to those that didn't pay up in the correct 15 day window Razz.

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilredmachine wrote:
and not perform a 500,000 biker go slow on the M25.

heh I'd be up for that Wink

I can't believe they used the word forcing, I'm pretty sure we lived in a free country, no wait..

I can't see how they could possibly hope to enforce that, even if they found you on your bike with the plate not running its chip properly.. all you'd need to show is your V5 and your engine/frame numbers and that will pretty much confirm the bike is yours. What are they going to charge you with then? A malfunctioning plate?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

magpiemale
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:48 - 08 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swipe wrote:

yeah not on my bike either I aint paying for someone to tail me from one town to another,ALSO would this mean we no longer would have to pay tax then since we would be charged by the mile or when we used our cars and bikes with the said tags as this is what would be next!! and they say we live in a democratic country little by little we are being forced to do what they want us to do without knowing it like a frog in water slowly heating up until it's to late.why not do away with transport or road tax all together then instead of just pricing everyone off the road.People said when they tell you to stop smoking then they will find another way of making up the short fall in loss taxes.

Last edited by magpiemale on 16:51 - 15 Jun 2007; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

magpiemale
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:51 - 08 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats next?? tagging to pay from the hours you use your said transport,tax to keep it on the road then a congestion charge as well as paying to keep your car or bike in a car park it's all getting to much I'm gonna faint ooooooooh. Confused

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:42 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like "the mark of the beast to me" or the first steps anyway. FUCK THAT Middle Finger
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1