Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

De-restricting thoughts...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:54 - 16 Feb 2002    Post subject: De-restricting thoughts... Reply with quote

Hey ho, me again...

I've booked my CBT for tomorrow, so I'll hopefully be shopping for an NSR on Monday!...

...anyways, I've had a few looks at the de-restricting guide, which makes everything look quite easy(!)...but it has made me think (yes, it did hurt)...instead of boring out the exhaust and intake plate, would it be possible to "just" buy another exhaust and removing the intake plate?...that way, you can preserve the original stuff and put it back onto the bike when it's time to sell...?

if this is possible, how much would it cost?

(before you toast me for anything that I have just said, please take a moment to appreciate that I have not been very close to a motorcycle before...)

Tin

Last edited by TiN on 18:31 - 16 Feb 2002; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 16 Feb 2002    Post subject: y not Reply with quote

i dont see y it shouldnt be possible, have a go as long as u dont lose the parts!!!

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 16 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re: De-restricting Reply with quote

Theres quite a few that have bought after market exaust systems, korn, dans had one on etc.. I think you get about 4 bhp more. The best one is the arrow one that's about £200ish.

If you do want more power out of your bike though you should get it dyno jetted after you put the can on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:38 - 16 Feb 2002    Post subject: Exhaust Reply with quote

Yeah i have a Arrows silencer and i got a ginnelli front pipe, i don't know what difference it makes to the standard because i bought it with the arrows on, it would be easyer. You can get them out of M&P bike mage, front costs about £120 and the back silencer is cheaper at around £60
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PostPosted: 12:38 - 20 Feb 2002    Post subject: CBT Reply with quote

did u pass ur CBT yet?
You must be logged in to rate posts

PostPosted: 16:52 - 20 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my arrow system from my honda delear for £220 but when u get it jetted to suit i suggest a air box up grade cuz it run far better with it
You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 18:53 - 20 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I've just passed my CBT...I had to go in for a second day, but it has finally been done...

...I always knew that there were w@nkers on the road, but I didn't know that there were that many!

Anyways, I hope to get my bike delivered soon, but I can't get it on the road until March 1st Crying or Very sad

I would still prefer to drive in conditions like today's, but riding will be a blast in the summer (if we ever get it!)...

I'm gonna pick up a lid on Friday...I'm looking at the Airoh "police-style" helmets, which flip up...or perhaps the more expensive Shoei variations...what do ppl think?

...better go now, I've got loads of uni work to get done by tomorrow!...I've spent most of time looking at biking sites and magazines!

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:14 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done...

I'm looking at a Lazer Revolution... flip up lid with in built internal dark visor and face mask... I think Kornel said they were allright

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:39 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the Revolution is a nice bash hat. And I just found a place selling replacement flip fronts (the whole clear + dark visor + side pods assembly) for £36 which is damn good, better than the £70 official price.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1