Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I miss my Raptor :-(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 00:03 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: I miss my Raptor :-( Reply with quote

How do all you guys and girls feel about the time when you had to let your first bike go. So I have changed to a bike of more character, power and stuff (and pinkness) but I miss the raptor........

Do you remember your first bike - did you miss it or were you glad to be rid?

Is getting attached to your bike a female thing? Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:08 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit Mrshippy, I sometimes wish for the gentle power and light weight of my SV650 (especially when commuting).

However I don't think I'd trade in my Triumph for anything else, especially when its good weather and I can go out to play!

Having two bikes however... thats doable! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 04:04 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let's put it this way. At work I ride a restricted Honda SH50, incredibly slow, uncomfortable and generally annoying. However (and I'm not sure whether to admit this), I'm getting attached to the old bird - she's predictable, she still has enough kick to get up to around 40 (which when the fastest it's supposed to go is 30 is a good thing) She's simple to ride, and doesn't have any complicated knobbly bits. The one I ride has done over 150k, and is still going!

Yes I reckon that i'll get attached to my bikes, I certainly get attached to everything else I own.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 08:37 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first bike was a honda cm200t which is still sitting in the mother-in-laws shed and as soon as I move into my new house i'm going to strip it down and restore it back to new condition. I know the bike will only be worth about £500 max and it will probably cost me that to get it back to the condition I want but its my first bike and I want to keep it for ever.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved my scooter, but I don't miss it. My Husky though, I miss that loads. I still have it at the bottom of my garden, it's just a bit broke. I was totally gutted when I had my accident Crying or Very sad

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 10:43 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes miss my ped slightly, i'd be interested so see what its like to ride it now I know what i'm doing, and to see what the handling feels like coming from a 240kg bike to a 80kg bike.

Don't miss my 125 at all, miss the CB250 a bit but I doubt i'd buy another unless it was to fit an XL500 engine.

No fond memories of the VFR either.

Ant
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

humm, i don't know because sometimes i'm glad i got rid of my nsr (reliability mainly) but other times i wouldn't mind a quick ride on one.

But..........

Without selling my nsr i couldn't have brought my cbr6 so nah, i know which i'm happier with Laughing

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 15:12 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day I'm going to hunt down my Cagiva Planet again, and put a bigger engine in it. I loved the look of it but the running repairs and parts availability was a wee bit annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 18:06 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember mine fondly, but don't actually *miss* either of them.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 19:23 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i remember is how shite mine was. Confused

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 20:12 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say i miss it, not sure if its that or just fond memories though

caused so many problems when it went wrong and had to get bits for it etc etc, was fun to ride, but then there were also a fair amount of not fun rides

so i dunno

will always have my video, which contains all the best bits about that bike

/me hugs bend Very Happy
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 20:19 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
i say i miss it, not sure if its that or just fond memories though

caused so many problems when it went wrong and had to get bits for it etc etc, was fun to ride, but then there were also a fair amount of not fun rides

so i dunno

will always have my video, which contains all the best bits about that bike

/me hugs bend Very Happy
Your first bike was a 50cc ped.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 20:30 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont consider that a proper bike Rolling Eyes was good but not missed, and either way ive still got that Razz
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

NSR Boy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:00 - 02 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss my old RD350s And my CR500 Crying or Very sad

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 09:56 - 03 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I miss the RD50 although I did love it at the age of 16. Nor do I miss the NSR.
Can't say I miss the NC30 either, but I know I would if we ever sold it. The fact that it is in the garage should I ever want to play is good enough for me.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1