:-(......

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 15:35 - 03 Nov 2003    Post subject: :-(...... Reply with quote

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=50677&documentID=184421
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 15:44 - 03 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old news mate.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=20260

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 15:46 - 03 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Harris received six penalty points for driving without due care and attention from North Avon magistrates. He was also fined £170, with a further £150 for the tyre offences.

WTF? Surely he should be banned? Especialy if he admited to it. Evil or Very Mad

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 15:47 - 03 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, sorry didnt read the thread it was posted in before.

He should defo be banned. That punishment is a joke.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:58 - 03 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he needs a couple of hundred bikers to turn up on his doorstep and ask him politely to promote awareness of powered two wheelers, in his capacity as a road safety expert - as I said in the previous thread. Evil or Very Mad

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:55 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other cager just got 18 months for "Causing an accident that lead to someone's death" and from what I can tell he didn't actually hit the person that died.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 15:43 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
this is out fucking ragous, im severly PISSED OFF! £300 fine and 6 point, oh no, dont punishim too, much, he only caused a death, i mean FFS! some guy speeds and goes down for it, while this bugger gets off, its fucking outragous,

/me throws stuff at wall in fit of insanity arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Luke (pissed off Evil or Very Mad )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bikecruiser.co.uk
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:50 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coz he works for the council mate. What type of road "Safety" officer is he??

Just like the police. They have a go at you for speeding, and they speed when they're off duty anyway.

It was in the paper that the police wanted to catch more people speeding. So they set up watch points all across the city. 45% of the speeders were off duty police officers. It's just wrong.

He's probably paid that £300 fine now and is back to normal where as the family of the biker have suffered a huge loss.. Does the law ever work?

Dave..

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:35 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of speeding our resident daddy of all things BCF got caugt speeding today, he'll probably go mad at me for mentioning it but he will probably get a similar punishment to the 'Road Safety Officer' who killed the poor biker. Sad

This country is one big giant wank stain.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 16:37 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
as in Korn? details? Very Happy

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:38 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope i'm keeping quiet (for a change). Razz

I don't want my account to suddenly stop working you see Wink

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 17:03 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

68 in a 40 (A4). Naughty boy Wink

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
68 in a 40 (A4). Naughty boy Wink

Who was it? Korn?

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 17:05 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile hehe, the wanker of a Police man was hiding behind a bus stop apparently? Pisses me right off though, Kornel might have been braking the speed limit but knowing him it was probably safe to do so, then some bloody council muppet kills someone and gets 6 points and a silly fine. Sad

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Smile hehe, the wanker of a Police man was hiding behind a bus stop apparently? Pisses me right off though, Kornel might have been braking the speed limit but knowing him it was probably safe to do so, then some bloody council muppet kills someone and gets 6 points and a silly fine. Sad

Sad Shit. Is he getting a summons then?

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 17:16 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Sad

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 17:52 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aii, they finally got me. On an empty three lane dual carrigeway with a radar gun, the plod were hiding behind a bus shelter so by the time I cottoned on they'd already zapped me. 46mph to 66mph in a 40 limit is fixed penalty, while I was doing 68mph which is outside that and means a nice summons.

They didn't care that I hadn't registered the bike, didn't have an MOT, that the tyres are bald and that the cans are just slightly north of extremely loud. Apparently they are just cracking down on people speeding along the A4. I didn't even get a producer.

Oh well, shit happens. One nil to the law Rolling Eyes

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky matey Sad At least they didn't snoop around the bike etc etc. Could have been a sight worse Very Happy Hope you did a nice 40mph wheelie as you pulled away Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:04 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops.

Well at least you had both wheels on the ground Wink

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 18:07 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
Aii, they finally got me. On an empty three lane dual carrigeway with a radar gun, the plod were hiding behind a bus shelter so by the time I cottoned on they'd already zapped me. 46mph to 66mph in a 40 limit is fixed penalty, while I was doing 68mph which is outside that and means a nice summons.

Rolling Eyes

Bummer. Neutral

If you go to court dressed up nice and smart, say sorry as many times as you can, you might still get away with 3 points and maybe a couple of hundred quid fine. I take it there were no 'mitigating circumstances'?

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 21:07 - 04 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit sorry to hear that korn Sad The met have not been very BCF friendly over the last two weeks Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1