Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:32 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
Any updates 2smoke?

I'm getting impatient Razz

Not yet matey, taking some bits to the painters this week so hopefully will start putting it back together soon. Been a bit busy sorting my van out and have been working a lot of funny shift patterns.

Oh and my mate who does the vapour blasting has been laid off so i have a set of wheels half blasted doh Shocked and no way of finishing them yet Crying or Very sad

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 16:23 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Smoke wrote:
Oh and my mate who does the vapour blasting has been laid off so i have a set of wheels half blasted doh Shocked and no way of finishing them yet Crying or Very sad

Shit one, give him a good kick up the arse and tell him to hurry up! Laughing

Shame you're working dodgy shifts and not working on your bike though!

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:55 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
2Smoke wrote:

Shit one, give him a good kick up the arse and tell him to hurry up! Laughing

lol the blaster is in work, and he's lost his job so no go there Wink I'm on the case of another guy though who can use it!

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:55 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped the parts off to be painted yesterday. Still a bit screwed for blasting the wheels though which is a shame. I dont want to have to grit blast them as it wrecks the alloy compared to vapour blasting..

Damn you babcock Evil or Very Mad

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 13:54 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red with black lettering (if its raised) on the calipers for the win!

Loving the cleanliness of the calipers though. Although im sure it was puckered asshole time worrying about blasting the inside of the caliper Neutral
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 01 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Smoke wrote:
I dont want to have to grit blast them as it wrecks the alloy compared to vapour blasting..

Can you elaborate on this - What damage does sandblasting cause to alloy? Surely a fine purpose made sandblasting media causes no appreciable damage?

2Smoke wrote:

Although im sure it was puckered asshole time worrying about blasting the inside of the caliper

With the pistons tucked all the way in, aside from the danger of blast media getting in to the seals, I'd imagine it's no real problem? Just mask off the rims of the pistons with lots of tape?

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:47 - 02 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

loply wrote:
2Smoke wrote:
I dont want to have to grit blast them as it wrecks the alloy compared to vapour blasting..

Can you elaborate on this - What damage does sandblasting cause to alloy? Surely a fine purpose made sandblasting media causes no appreciable damage?

True that is similar to what we are using, but the stuff you usually find in blasters scores the alloy so badly that you then need to spend time with emery to get it paintable.
loply wrote:

2Smoke wrote:

Although im sure it was puckered asshole time worrying about blasting the inside of the caliper

With the pistons tucked all the way in, aside from the danger of blast media getting in to the seals, I'd imagine it's no real problem? Just mask off the rims of the pistons with lots of tape?

I didnt write that part....

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:41 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Update! Reply with quote

Shocked After moving house I am getting back on track with the bikes so am finishing off the nc30 first!

Got the calipers back from the painters, along with the forks:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/vfrcleanup/caliperspainted.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/vfrcleanup/forkspainted.jpg

Have left the wheels with them to be painted, moving on slowly!!

Paul

Stiffler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at all these shiny NC30's and then I look at mine and I just can't bring myself to bother! I commute on mine every day and to get it Craig clean would keep me off the road for weeks and then I'd not want to ride it for fear of getting it dirty Sad

So anyway I gave mine a good wash today and attacked the metal bits with a brillo pad... It's looking a little better but no match for the perfectionists:

https://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007%5C04%5C15%5Cbikepics-865160-800.jpg

https://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007%5C04%5C15%5Cbikepics-865158-800.jpg

Maybe if it wasn't so old and battered, and I hadn't spent all my money keeping it running and I had another bike I'd consider throwing some money at it and giving it some real TLC

Tim

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 21:58 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe if it wasn't so old and battered, and I hadn't spent all my money keeping it running and I had another bike I'd consider throwing some money at it and giving it some real TLC

Bah, they're for riding.

I cleaned my bike friday (the 3rd time in the two years ive owned it) as im was bringing it back to uni.
I actually scraped all the crap out from behind the fairing panels (panel off, and panel by panel) and by the sidestand etc and cleaned with white spirit then rinsed off straight away, then washed it with autoglym.
Then /shock/ dried it.
Then amazingly shocked it, i attempted giving it a bit of a polish.

I found the initial scraping off gunk fulfilling, the rest just bugged me. Its a sod getting a good finish.

Then i buzz to the shops quickly to get petrol and food before i left (for the 250 mile trip), get back, already looked like someone had thrown up on the front of it by flies.

I can tell you now, you hit more of the luminescent ones straight after you've cleaned something (and ive got a white helmet).

Leave it as it is, try not to trash it, and enjoy thrashing it. Thumbs Up

(not that i dont envy craigs bike, but only if someone was making it that clean for me, and keeping it that way)
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 14:26 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bout time 2smoke. Thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth!

Calipers and forks look good mate Thumbs Up

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 19:21 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming along nicely 2 smoke. Thumbs Up

That's a nice clean NC30 Stiffler; no need to go crazy cleaning it; bikes are for riding afterall Wink

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:40 - 19 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some more bits done, actually I had these done some time ago but they have been hidden in a box while I was moving house and sort of forgotten about while I was getting my head together! Rolling Eyes

Black bits..

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/vfrcleanup/fairingbracket.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/vfrcleanup/headlampclocksbrk.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/vfrcleanup/yokebars.jpg

Fingers crossed will have the wheels back this week, nice and white Very Happy Then need to blast and paint a few more bits (disks, back caliper( Mad bugger forgot about the back caliper Rolling Eyes ) and mabaye rear shock) To get it ready for the road. Might have it done this summer, not counting on it as I have the house to concentrate on too!

Paul

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 21:00 - 19 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done.

If you haven't seen this already 'Smoke, this thread might come in handy. The chap did an excellent job on restoring an NC30, every detail is mentioned:

https://forum.honda-forums.com/index.php?t=msg&th=9211&start=0&

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:05 - 19 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not seen that Craig thanks, will have a read of it later. first few pics reminded me i need to do the bloody subframe too.. orgh sodding road bikes Shocked and all the crap that goes with them!! Laughing

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:41 - 24 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on the bike? Read this and was quite impressed with it Very Happy

Yoko
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:06 - 24 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking really good Thumbs Up I'd like to do that to mine if I had a car, garage and decent set of tools!

Bishbash
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 25 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would love to do my calipers like that too, just dont hav access to the sandblasting machine.

Does look pretty mint though.

GL on the rest.

BB

Trackday videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/bishbash13

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 18:29 - 25 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chop chop, I'll have mine finished earlier otherwise.

Thumbs Up

Smiffy1203
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:46 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

the parts are looking great! where abouts was that photo taken of the skidmarks over the junction? ur not from near Brownhills are you?

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 28 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread, I really wish I could fast forward though, hurry up will you Laughing

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 02 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoke to 2smoke yesterday..It's up and running again ready for an mot this week..So expect some more pics soon!! Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 213 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2