Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Respro city mask for the misty lids :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Irdawood the 2nd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:36 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Respro city mask for the misty lids :) Reply with quote

i know the stuff about mited up visors was covered but i have tried fairy liquid and stuff and my lid refuses to clear up

i was wondering if a Respro city mask would do the job of keeping the visor clear and if anyone has owned one before what their view on one is
cheers

https://www.bigbikebook.com/pictures/m1545_1.jpg

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:45 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Do you wear glasses? If so that thing is likely to be totally useless as it will deflect some of your breath up either side of you nose inside your glasses.

Those masks were mainly originally designed for cyclist fashion victims who wanted people to think that the air was dirty and they needed to be protected from it.

All the best

Keith

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

PostPosted: 15:49 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ird how's ya bike after that service of ours?

Eek you're probably gonna get banned soon. Neutral

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 15:52 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ida does'nt exactly live all that far from us midlanders i'm sure...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irdawood the 2nd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:53 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont wear glasses...

so i take it these things do not work for keeping the visor clear..

yeah cam lol i have been banned already once lol
i am currently on my second comming
soon to be my 3rd lol
karma system already has stopped me from posting small messages

as for the service bike is cool...need to sort out that chain and sprocket problem (need to buy new ones) clutch lever is not as mint as yours but much better then it was lol

also need to change front tyre as thats getting bold lol Very Happy

Nevada
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suffer from the same thing, as I seem to breathe really heavily through my nose.

Went out for my third ride out alone at the weekend while it was raining and my visor misted up instantly - so I opened it to discover for the first time what rain feels like in your eyes at 50mph. Confused

There is a mask that directs your breath straight down out of your helmet, it costs about £12 iirc.

A few bikers I've spoken to about them say they're a bit claustrophobic. Well I'd rather be claustrophobic than blind when cornering on a wet road Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irdawood the 2nd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:55 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:
Ida does'nt exactly live all that far from us midlanders i'm sure...

scot i was living in coventry but now have moved upto yorkshire, huddersfield...(where the people talk funnier Very Happy j/k )

anyways when i get back down to cov and we have a meet on i will deffo come to it Very Happy

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 16:01 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start putting capitals at the start of your sentences and its I not i. May help a bit with your karma.

Hex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:08 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irdawood the 2nd wrote:
no i dont wear glasses...

so i take it these things do not work for keeping the visor clear..

Don't think it will do much good. There are clip in pieces to deflect your breath down and they will probably be far better (and probably cheaper).

All the best

Keith

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mask in the pic is one of the ones to filter out 'crap' from the air you breath in, it allows air to pass through it and filters it, so it won't help to stop your visor misting up.

You need a 'foggy' mask. It's made of a neoprene material that doesn't let air pass through it so your breath is deflected downward and out of your helmet past your chin. They work very well once you have got over the initial claustrophobic feeling! It's worth persevering with!

You could try a Fog City. They are ok actually, night vision can be a bit strange and you occasionally get 'double' vision of lights, but it tends not to steam up at all. Bit of a pain to fit correctly but once its in it's ok. I'm using one of the 'hyper optics' Fog City's that is light reactive. It goes from a light green/yellow at night and in bad light to a dark blue colour in sunlight.

You have to be a bit careful with a Fog City though as they tend to be quite easy to scratch if you clean them too much.

djr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with my one, although from talking to friends it sounds like it depends on the helmet, i can fit my hand (just) up inbetween my face and my helmet and some of my friends can't even fit a couple of fingers up, mayb mines better airflow or something, dunno, just a thought any ways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1