Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Play it f**king safe people.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

mark83
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:53 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Play it f**king safe people. Reply with quote

Zimma and now LukeVFR.

All I wanna say is that now, especially in the winter, we all need to ride a little slower and a little more carefully.

I'm not trying to be a safety nazi, but I just don't want to hear about any more bikers' families having to spend Christmas day crying.

Think about it people!

And if in the morning you think its too icy, take the train/bus.

RIP Zimma and Luke.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
____________________
Kawasaki ER6n -> Honda CBR600RR -> Honda VTR 1000 -> Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
Buy my Mercedes 350 Sport AMG Evo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MoshizZ
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:54 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm agreed.

But you think Bus drivers are safer?!

Guys, if your going to take the train/bus....take your helmet too Very Happy
____________________
half_lyfe wrote: my helmet is still wet...
quacker_boy wrote: he ended up missing my mouth and shot it straight into my eye. Yup, went in her eye as well!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ottobeil
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:12 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinks i will be taking driving lessons now.

" but I just don't want to hear about any more bikers' families having to spend Christmas day crying. "
^

That really sucks, Had that last year with my father. Me mum n bro just sat there in tears.


Ride safe and leave extra stopping distiances please Smile
____________________
[Herchee Fun 50] .: Stolen :.
[RXS 100] x 2
[TZR 125] x 2
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:51 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hits home hard hearing about fellow bikers u,ve met dieing, Christ l nearly got wipe out twice last month in two serious crash,s that l luckily crawled away from.


Take care lads
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LUXY DJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:05 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think im still in shock about luke's one Neutral

we all know bikes are dangerous at the BEST of times but in winter it does get seriously dodgy out there, & being part of bike sites, where theres so many bikers spread out everywhere, theres bound to be deaths along the way.....

went to a ride out last year for a fallen rider, & been a few near misses along the way aswell....

just find it so weird how luke done alot of stunting, etc yet can die of such a minor off Neutral

best you can do is make sure your kitted up as good as poss & just know when to `give it some`

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/DJLUX/SMILEYS/rip.gif LUKE & ZIMMA

& stay safe the rest of ya Thumbs Up
____________________
GSXR750
(FAR FAR from standard) www.gixerjunkies.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

h00dwink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:19 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not met luke which I am sorry for, but have defended what he has said on here many a time. I wish I could have met him in person. He was truly a Sahf East Winnah, although he didn't know it. That to me is his only flaw.
To have one of our own Southern Winnah's taken away like this does hit home.
I have poured a drink and am drinking to him.
Soppy ginger tit

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=49737
____________________
Sahf East Winnah 4LYF
https://bikepics.com/members/h00dwink/00sv650s/
www.youtube.com/h00dwink updated regularly
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

alun111
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:07 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke's passed? Oh god, I didn't know.

I didn't know the guy in person but that's horrible news. Rest in peace Luke and also Rest in peace Zimma.

Can someone fill me in with what happened? I've read about his off but thought he was on the road to recovery.
____________________
Summer: '00 Honda CB600F Hornet
Winter: '93 Suzuki GSF 400 Bandit VP Variable Valve
Past Bikes: Lifan LF100-5 Lifan LF125-A Honda C70
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kitty kat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:13 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is such a popular site that we are going to hear of deaths fairly frequently.

Ride safe folks, I have recently lost a couple of friends due to biking and although I did not know Kuke & Zimma personally, I felt I knew them through their postings on here.
I am gutted. they were both so young and so full of life, brought tears to my eyes. Hope they are both driving heaven mad with their antics on bikes.

Goodnight lads, sleep well, you will always be remembered Sad
____________________
Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teaman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:22 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do don't have to ride like a loon to come off worse.
Ride safe.
Bad roads, wet leaves, Car drivers with windows steamed up, mirrors with rain on them, light dazzle. This time of year it can be leathal out there.
I havn't rode my bike for a while now, I've been wizzing about on scooters I sell. Wear as much crash proitection as possible if you can people.
____________________
There is no point in ranting about someone stupid because there is nothing u can do about it. There is no cure for stupid.
Someone stupid does not realise they r stupid.stupidity is indistinguishable from malice U just have to accept that some people are thick as p1gsh1t and work around them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:41 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just found out about Luke as well and it's knocked me for 6!

As mark83 says, take it easy folks, winter hasn't started yet. The weather is only going to get worse.
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

repiV
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:08 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit.

I don't think I ever spoke to Luke, but he was a regular poster here and reading this was a real shock to me. What happened?

RIP matey, and to Zimma too.

I'm loathe to update my own crash thread now, my injuries pale into insignificance by comparison. I will, in the hope of being some help, add some weight to mark's request that we ride a little slower and more carefully at this time of year. I slipped on dry leaves because I was trying to get my knee down and to tell the truth, I'm very fortunate not to be dead or permanently disabled.
It only takes a split second for the fun to be all over. Not everyone is lucky enough to get that second chance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nick606
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear things up lukes death was a hoax by some cockbandit unfortunately Zimmas wasn't.

Ride safe people and be safe.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

repiV
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:19 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick606 wrote:
Just to clear things up lukes death was a hoax by some cockbandit unfortunately Zimmas wasn't.

Ride safe people and be safe.


Cockbandit indeed. Mad

Thanks for letting me know, what kind of dick would joke about such a thing...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:26 - 17 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
h00dwink wrote:
Have not met luke which I am sorry for, but have defended what he has said on here many a time. I wish I could have met him in person. He was truly a Sahf East Winnah, although he didn't know it.


I'm really glad I'm not dead, just so I can response to this post.

I'm fully aware that I'm a Sahf East Winnah. Laughing


The last man who did this had a big book wrote about him Mr. Green
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Reppyboyo
Nearly there...



Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:08 - 17 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.

Isnt this the second biker to have apparently died here but suddenly come back to life?

EDIT: No, wait just luke again. Bah.

EDIT2: Holy thread revival batman!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.98 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 92.08 Kb