|
|
| Author |
Message |
| headlamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 headlamp World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:07 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: The Worst Drivers |
 |
|
Being a Londoner, I do the majority of my riding in town, either into the West End, or round the North Circular Road. Consequently I encounter lots of drivers who are 'unfriendly' to bikers, I guess I mean assholes.
To get from A to B in London you do a lot of filtering, and on the North Circular that usually means between lanes 2 & 3. You encounter cars that decide that they need to be very near the white lines, hampering progress. A friendly rev of the engine appears to do nothing, then a hoot and they still will not pull in just a bit to let you pass. I find that Mercedes drivers (every model!) and BMW drivers, usually 5 series are the worst offenders, however Lexus drivers - usually sad people who wish they were driving a Merc but can't afford one, VW Golf drivers, either boy racers or people training to drive Mercs, and Volvo drivers are pretty bad.
What are other people's experiences with er, wanky drivers and whom should we watch out for. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WheelieKing |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WheelieKing Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 09 Sep 2003 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 22:11 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
my experience is with school-run mums (not like that ) who can't see over the steering wheel and blokes in sports cars i.e MR2s who just can't be arsed to look |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:14 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Usually peeps in nondescript cars are okay. People in 'nice' cars (mercs, BM's etc) tend to be idiots. Usually theres a freudian explanation!  ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Danny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Danny Ask Me About Stoppie School

Joined: 26 Jan 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:22 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
I find that people in very expensive sports cars tend to pull over when I am filter though, but I think that is just because they are scared of me scratching their car. I even had one person in an expensive 4x4 pull his wind mirror in for me.
/Freudian explanation (with dodgy Austrian accent)/ dzzee people in fanzy cars think of their cars as sexual partners and are therefore feel threatened when a vehicle is able to perform better than theirs i.e. a bike can make progress through traffic. So dzzee frustrated drivers must stop the biker to make himself feel better. /freudian explanation (with dodgy Austrian accent)/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR125-Kid-UK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR125-Kid-UK Attention Whore

Joined: 03 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:46 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
I just rev my pizza bike up and they're so busy laughing that they have to pull over and stop . Works for me!  ____________________ https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!
"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Danny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Danny Ask Me About Stoppie School

Joined: 26 Jan 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:51 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
What does that say about people with litre class motorbikes.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:57 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bikes are a lot smaller than cars. If you had the money/could afford the insurance... GSXR1000 ?
Put it this way, I don't have a Busa, don't want a rocket III and don't want a car unless I *really* have to!
Its better than me owning an articulated lorry!  ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:05 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Down south here our drivers tend to be better. When I am going along the roads (mainly DCW) they seem to move over in plenty of time to let me overtake/filter.
Only on a few ocasions recently have I felt like putting my foot through the door of a passing car! ____________________ Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mrs_Hippy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mrs_Hippy The Pink Lady

Joined: 07 Jul 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:10 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: Re: The Worst Drivers |
 |
|
I had a bus this morning stop and wave a padestrian across the road on a corner as I was coming up outside of him. (Plenty of room in teh turn right lane)
1 - you cant see throught a buss
2 - there is acrossing 200 yds down the road!
| headlamp wrote: | Being a Londoner, I do the majority of my riding in town, either into the West End, or round the North Circular Road. Consequently I encounter lots of drivers who are 'unfriendly' to bikers, I guess I mean assholes.
To get from A to B in London you do a lot of filtering, and on the North Circular that usually means between lanes 2 & 3. You encounter cars that decide that they need to be very near the white lines, hampering progress. A friendly rev of the engine appears to do nothing, then a hoot and they still will not pull in just a bit to let you pass. I find that Mercedes drivers (every model!) and BMW drivers, usually 5 series are the worst offenders, however Lexus drivers - usually sad people who wish they were driving a Merc but can't afford one, VW Golf drivers, either boy racers or people training to drive Mercs, and Volvo drivers are pretty bad.
What are other people's experiences with er, wanky drivers and whom should we watch out for. |
____________________
-  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|