|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:17 - 28 Nov 2007 Post subject: Datatool alarm problems... |
 |
|
I fukin hate alarms!!!
Got a datatool alarm on my project CBR, think its a System 21 or possibly a 3.. but I think 21 ....
The bike has been set for about 2 years or so, obviously the battery went flat.. I have now just put a new battery in it....
the alarm won't disengage from the transmitter no matter what I do! tried 2 transmitters and both lights flash up so im sure they both have enough battery etc....
With the alarms inline fuse OUT the alarm doesn't sound, but won't disengage, if you turn ignition on then it will sound the alarm, if you then turn ignition off the alarm goes off.
With the alarms inline fuse IN the alarm sounds constantly for about 30 seconds then stops, then starts again!!!!
I read that if battery condition goes too low then it goes into sleep mode but I can't seem to wake the fuckin thing up so either I'm not doing it right or this aint the problem!
The switch under the seat (which is meant to sound alarm if take seat off..) has the metal tag broken off, but I've pushed the button in and it doesn't make any difference, altho from my last alarm I'm sure you can still disengage the alarm with that switch in the open position anyways.
I'm lost now, anyone got any clue whats up?? I don't know the 4 digit pin, the alarm doesnt seem to be set anyways, you can move the bike and alarm wont sound.... not sure whats going on really ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:27 - 28 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
From reading this, I assume it doesn't have an immobiliser, and it's just an alarm?
Edit: Actually looks like it's a System 3. Have you read this guide? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:38 - 28 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:39 - 28 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Key fob don't work though
I think it needs de-spiking, its the only thing left on the datatool instrcutions etc that I haven't tried.. so going to go and try it now. ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:40 - 28 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
good luck  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:19 - 28 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Right, it IS a system 3 alarm.
I have followed the despiking instructions which is to remove battery link and unplug the PCB and leave for 6 hours... so gotta wait till later tonight to plug it all back in and see if that has fixed it.
If not then I'll try the coding instructions where you have to link the seat switch to the +ive of the battery.
What a nightmare, theres me thinking this bike would be finished today! ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:52 - 28 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
You could always just buy a new loom and have no alarm  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|