Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Supermarkets admit milk price fix

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 11:03 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Supermarkets admit milk price fix Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7132108.stm

It's a bit much when supermarkets take the piss with basics like milk, butter and cheese.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 11:09 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially considering farmers get such a poor deal as it is.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Especially considering farmers get such a poor deal as it is.

I've never met a poor farmer.

Farmers in the UK do NOT get a poor deal. CAP saw to that. Go peddle that shit to farmers in the second and third worlds, see how far your tales of poor farmers living in fuck off houses and quarter of a million pound tractors parked outside gets you when talking to people who still use animal power to plough their fields.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, what a suprise, the UK supermarkets are run by criminal scum and have been raping the working mans pockets. Who would have thought it!

"Every little helps".

Hang on, I think I can hear Yoko coming..."Their milk rocks and is fairly priced. And if you don't like it nobody's forcing you to shop there!" Laughing

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:

Farmers in the UK do NOT get a poor deal. CAP saw to that. Go peddle that shit to farmers in the second and third worlds, see how far your tales of poor farmers living in fuck off houses and quarter of a million pound tractors parked outside gets you when talking to people who still use animal power to plough their fields.

Total bollocks mate.

A lot of EU subsidy cash is regularly 'skimmed' off the top by local authorities or if the farmer is very unlucky the millionaire landowners get the cash and the farmer gets nothing. It's a scam of the highest order and I'm suprised at Hetzer for not seeing this as the cash-cow that it is.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/14/wfra314.xml

"It is certainly the case that less and less of Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) money is put into the hands of working farmers who need help in delivering benefits we can all recognise," said the founder of the www.farmsubsidy.org website.

The more we find out about farm subsidies the more there is evidence that it is not doing what the public would like it to do."

And don't even get me started on the anti-farmer scumbag bio-weapons releases that have been released recently (foot and mouth anyone?) that have crippled many farming families.

Aggh FFS Thumbs Down

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:01 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
[

What would you know living in a city?

They have to buy those tractors otherwise they can't effectively work, it's not their fault they cost shit loads of money.

It's not "fair" that supermarkets should make more money from milk than the bloody farmers too and the EU subsidies they recieve are a scam in itself.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 13:01 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asda, Sainsburys and some dairy farms have been fined a total of £116 million for this. I bet they're crying into their buckets of money, as it was estimated they made £273 million out of the price fixing. Some fine, it should have been twice what they made.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not up on farm subsidies, but it sounds like they're just one more govt financial abuse amongst thousands. I lump all that stuff under one category, I simply don't have the mental energy to get wound up by every single specific example (I kind of graze the field and have the occasional chomp).

I'm fielding the idea of organizing a general strike. Don't laugh, governments have been toppled as a result of nobodies like me engaging the general public mood and focusing it. Usually by accident, because it's not often somebody can see the end result of something that started as a bit of a wheeze.

It's when hate becomes action that things sometimes happen. Ain't we all feeling the hate? Ain't we? Utter hatred of the scum filth and vermin destroying our country and the quality of our lives? Our supposed servants, dictating to us like masters to slaves, ramming ever more unwanted legislation down our throats and telling us to like it or lump it, or else.

If we don't do something soon it'll be too late. They will, ultimately, remove all freedom to do anything effective. It'll probably come under some new variation of the Anti Terrorism laws.

Who's interested?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:16 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. We must have about 40 dairy farms in the practice. Of those, five have gone out of milking in the last 12 months because it is no economically viable.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
it sounds like they're just one more govt financial abuse amongst thousands. I lump all that stuff under one category, I simply don't have the mental energy to get wound up by every single specific example (I kind of graze the field and have the occasional chomp)

Unfortunately if we don't understand the full spectrum and scale of the horror, along with digging up and unearthing every tentacle that has burrowed into each system, we'll allow ourselves to be steered by the very people that are currently trying to take full control.

These EU subsidies are a controlling mechanism allowing the EU to influence what farmers stay in business, what farmers struggle and basically allow manipulation of the farming industry as a whole.

You don't have to even know about these to see the amount of farming land being sold off or filled with rapeseed rather than crops..

I agree with your sentiment Hetzer, but I do think we should concentrate on spreading the word as individuals. A mass 'movement' is much more easily controlled by nefarious means.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Who's interested?

It's not just BCF...

https://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=83996.html
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 145 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1