Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

From The Same Government That Lost 25M Details

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
hellkat wrote:
And the other half don't understand English well enough to vote.
Rolling Eyes

Err, What do you mean?

All the best

Keith

What I mean is that I read an article the other day that says AVERAGELY in London, for 40% of pupils English is their second language, and that the schools are struggling to top up budgets so that they can provide translators.

My borough (Newham) is the second highest at 72%, only pipped by Tower Hamlets, which is over 75%.

So if that's the kids who don't understand English, how many of their parents of voting age learn it enough to understand who or what they are voting for?

Whether it is even a priority in their life to vote, let alone to actually CARE what government gets in and why, one has to wonder. But how likely are they to vote against a government that handed them (and continues to hand them) immigration, benefits and houses, with the most disorganised and disjointed system so that everyone who can does play the system to get maximum benefit (in more than one sense of the word) for doing nothing.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:43 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Interesting.

hellkat wrote:
What I mean is that I read an article the other day that says AVERAGELY in London, for 40% of pupils English is their second language, and that the schools are struggling to top up budgets so that they can provide translators.

Although fair to point out that just because it is not someones first language doesn't mean they cannot speak it well.

All the best

Keith

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:13 - 29 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are quite right.

I will agree that there are many people who do speak English, and very competently, and who live and work within the remit of the rest of society.

But the out-of-control nature of the immigration system (and its WAY more out of control than anyone likes to think) means that there is a scarily large number of people who just *arrive* and are unaccounted for, but when the balance sheets are tallied within the local authorities and the national health, suddenly we start to see where the money is having to be spent.

It might seem, to those of you who know that I myself am an immigrant from another country, that I am being somewhat hypocritical. But that would only be the case if I had come to this country, slipped through the immigration net and wedged myself firmly and expensively within the social welfare net. Which I did not do.

But when headteachers in inner London schools start to say "We don't know where these children come from ... they just turn up in classes."... and then the schools have the find the money to accommodate their lack of English by topping up already-stretched budgets to employ translators so that these children can learn...

... one has to wonder.

Why have the parents not gone to the school and properly applied?

It is because the parents speak (in their own language) to other locals from the same culture who say "So and So school is closest/have the most people like us/feeds the children for the least amount of dinner money - just send them there." ... which is what they do, just literally send the children there: "Off you go, that's the school you will be at, my friends children are there, so you will be fine."

Because it this is EXACTLY what is happening.
I have sat on a bus with a Romanian girl (legally here, to the best of my knowledge Neutral ) and been told that this is exactly the sort of thing that is being discussed two seats away from me.

Immigration IS out of control in this country.

People turn up whether authorised by immigration or not, assimilate into the country still within their own culture, discuss what to do amongst themselves in their own languages, and then just go ahead and do it.

It is a REALITY and many people in this country are not seeing it.

So why do we think, whether they speak good English or not, that they would vote for a government which may change the law so that they (and others still back in their original countries) will no longer be able to do that, and indeed, who might pass laws which restrict their rights to come to this country and milk it dry.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

"From The Same Government That Lost 25M Details"........

Thats right, blame somebody else...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=500198&in_page_id=1770

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 08 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:

The BNP/NF's entire raison d'etre distilled into just five words.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 08 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
cestrian wrote:

The BNP/NF's entire raison d'etre distilled into just five words.

Whats your point?

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 08 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Whats your point?

https://www.ochainn.ath.cx/pix/rofl.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3