Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Labour Prepares To Use Terror Laws Against British Citizens

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Labour Prepares To Use Terror Laws Against British Citizens Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=501011

Protesting about the rising fuel costs. A democratic right?

Not any more in Nu Labour's country! To quote from the source;

"Any threat to strategic oil supplies at terminals such as Graingemouth in Scotland will be met with far tougher action from the Government - potentially including use of anti-terror laws and the military."

So in other words, they expect us to stand there and picket with signs like nice little peasants, whilst they completely ignore our protests (and we all know the bastards will ignore them).

If they can start pulling these terror laws out of their asses just because of fuel protests, who knows what they could do when people start to protest more important stuff...
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:19 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Personally think those threatening to use these laws against fuel protesters are themselves guilty of terrorism.

All the best

Keith

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Personally think those threatening to use these laws against fuel protesters are themselves guilty of terrorism.

All the best

Keith

You'd think so wouldn't you?

Alas, it seems these people (and those that donate to them) are above the law.
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 12:29 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's going on with the pictures in that daily mail article?

One appears to be not even from this country, and the other looks like its from years and years ago (*new* BT premier card).

God I hate the Daily Mail.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the classic signs of a police state I'm sorry to say. Sad The best action to take is to moan about it on the internet and bury your head in the sand so it wont affect you.

Carvell, those pics may be old but they serve a purpose, to remind people of the protestations of a few years ago.

PS
Remember the polls we used to have? You know, the polls entitled "So who you gonna vote for next?" Laughing I wonder how many would still be prepared to vote for the parties of higher taxation.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah but the thing is the Zanulabour thugs/police also have beef about the government too, in that the payrise promise has been reneged upon.

A strong counter arguement would be not to support the police when they go on strike, hell they don't support us period so why should we support them?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note...

will this be a turning point?,

in that many people still think anti terror laws are to protect them, since 29 million people have a vested interest in this they see it used against their interests, might wake some people up.

Sort of like a couple years ago where a Terrorist committed an atrocity in the UK , Walter Wolfgang , dared to Heckle Jack Straw.

Walter was lucky, it was caught on camera, if it wasn't he'd be found to have suicided in the woods , all of a sudden.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 14:41 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: Labour Prepares To Use Terror Laws Against British Citiz Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:

To quote from the source;

"Any threat to strategic oil supplies at terminals such as Graingemouth in Scotland will be met with far tougher action from the Government - potentially including use of anti-terror laws and the military."

So in other words, they expect us to stand there and picket with signs like nice little peasants, whilst they completely ignore our protests (and we all know the bastards will ignore them).

That may well be the case - but in this instance, the 'source' is simply the Daily Mail's writer, and not the government or the security services.

Far be it from me to suggest that the Daily Mail might exaggerate or distort a story........ Wink

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: Labour Prepares To Use Terror Laws Against British Citiz Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:

That may well be the case - but in this instance, the 'source' is simply the Daily Mail's writer, and not the government or the security services.

Far be it from me to suggest that the Daily Mail might exaggerate or distort a story........ Wink

but on the odds of probability and the fact that they have done it before I'd say its reasonable to assume this

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those politicians really are a bunch of scallywags, aren't they? Bless 'em, I'm sure they're doing their best for us really. Very Happy

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 19:51 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: Labour Prepares To Use Terror Laws Against British Citiz Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Mister James wrote:

but on the odds of probability and the fact that they have done it before I'd say its reasonable to assume this

Assumption is the mother of all frakk-ups.

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
Labour Prepares To Use Terror Laws Against British Citizens

What do you mean, 'prepares'? This government has been using the anti-terrorism legislation against British citizens since its inception. Apparently, most people detained under that legislation are British citizens, usually even born in this country. Even some of the people on this site have been stopped, while out on their bikes, and then searched on suspicion of terrorism. And, there's seemingly nothing anyone can do about that.

Last edited by Paivi on 23:41 - 11 Dec 2007; edited 1 time in total

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:31 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: Labour Prepares To Use Terror Laws Against British Citiz Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
Assumption is the mother of all frakk-ups.

So is the assumption that they won't use it.

What is needed is planning should they decide to use it (or use it more).

All the best

Keith

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:50 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Keith, I just get annoyed at the sloppy reasoning around here - as well as the hypocrisy.

People are (understandably) quick to jump all over the government/police/military when they use questionable evidence or sources, but then do the same themselves and think that's ok?!

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
I agree Keith, I just get annoyed at the sloppy reasoning around here - as well as the hypocrisy.

People are (understandably) quick to jump all over the government/police/military when they use questionable evidence or sources, but then do the same themselves and think that's ok?!

Yeah but I don't claim to be whiter than white , I don't claim not to be corrupt and self serving.

I also don't have the power to do what MPs have ie dodge laws get bribed to do things etc.

And this Tory Vs Labour corruption where people say oh Tories were much worse at corruption (thinking about it they aren't since they actually quit and or went to prison for their sins) , the thing is two wrongs don't make a right. Also tories are not in power thus they are not in a situation to honour (oxymoron?) the things that the bribes were paid for.

EDIT

will be interesting to see the 2010 election , since zanulabour can't use economy performance, sleaze, poll tax (cus council tax will be so much more by then) , or fairness which means more taxes.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 23:16 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are generally right or wrong. You should not expect other people to hold high standards, while you merrily roll around in the gutter.

I have no issue with holding politicians and civil servants to account, I just dislike doing so using the same dirty tricks that we are complaining about.

Using the Daily Mail's over-active imagination is doubly ironic, because I suspect that most of the DM's editorial output is anathema to most of you liberal types lurking around here.

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:45 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
Using the Daily Mail's over-active imagination is doubly ironic, because I suspect that most of the DM's editorial output is anathema to most of you liberal types lurking around here.

The army got involved last time that fuel protests were held, this time around Labour has a lot more power in that area. I don't think it's beyond reasonable to propose that Labour will use that power if they need (want) to.

I dislike anything that any politician does. It's the only way we can keep the liars and thieves in check. We've seen what happens in the past when the public gets lazy, and here we are again. An economy going down the shitter, coupled with an increasingly corrupt and power-hungry government.
John Lennon

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:26 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
Things are generally right or wrong. You should not expect other people to hold high standards, while you merrily roll around in the gutter.

I have no issue with holding politicians and civil servants to account, I just dislike doing so using the same dirty tricks that we are complaining about.

so tell me how else are we supposed to keep them in check? ,

as said Zanulabour got caught laundering money,

defined as

"hiding the origins of money"

And have been caught many many many times ,

There have been and I bet you a virtual £10 that there will be no consequences (money laundering is 2-15 years prison time 2 years minimum zero deminis limit).

Oddly enough labour are still really high in the polls ,

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:15 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sweet, none of it affects me directly. Or indirectly. Even if it does I'll just find a way to accomodate it and get on with my life. Thumbs Up Very Happy

Why get stressed? There's nothing anyone can do about anything anyway.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I'm sweet, none of it affects me directly. Or indirectly. Even if it does I'll just find a way to accomodate it and get on with my life. Thumbs Up Very Happy

similar boat but what about the thing that is being sneaked in where children are to have their DNA taken as well as finger prints and iris scan when they reach high school?.

Having zilch family and triple citizenship means I'm more flex than you

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Hetzer wrote:

similar boat but what about the thing that is being sneaked in where children are to have their DNA taken as well as finger prints and iris scan when they reach high school?.

Having zilch family and triple citizenship means I'm more flex than you

My children don't go to school, they're home educated. And if they try and enforce it regardless I'll move us back to Japan.

The nature of the british people has established the govt and all it's ecroutrements (laws, civil service etc) as an immovable object. The only way to deal with an immovable object is to find ways around it. Anyone who is unable to do that, too bad, their problem.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rip up your passport though , you may need it,

We need a leader for the up coming and improbable bloody revolution .

say that was rather Takeda, who's father Shingen Takeda was the immovable mountain and was considered to me a dangerous opponent due to exceptional defences.

He got shot in the spine though.

The second his cocky son made a move on Nonbunaja Odawara they were utterly annilated. Akira Kurasawa makes a nice little film about this called Kagemusta.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Don't rip up your passport though , you may need it,

We need a leader for the up coming and improbable bloody revolution .

say that was rather Shingen Takeda, who's father was the immovable mountain , the second his cocky son made a move on Nonbunaja Odawara they were utterly annilated. Akira Kurasawa makes a nice little film about this called Kagemusta.

I've no intention of ripping it up, though it does need renewing. Always nice to have a means of escape.

You need a leader? To lead who exactly? Confused

I've been to Odawara Castle and it was pretty immovable, which was why I went around it and in it. Bit like I do with the UK govt actually. Thumbs Up

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:18 - 13 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

I've no intention of ripping it up, though it does need renewing. Always nice to have a means of escape.

so does mine

and i think this time round we are forced into paying for a national ID card that comes along with it
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1