Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pro scamera cop banned!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Pro scamera cop banned! Reply with quote

Hahahahahahaaaaa

Quote:
As Acpo's roads chief, Hughes had argued in favour of "less conspicuous" speed cameras as a way of slowing down traffic.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7128548.stm

Quote:
The former chair of roads policing at the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) has been banned from driving for speeding at 90mph.

Anybody smell the irony already.....
Quote:

But the anti-speed camera group Safe Speed said: "The hypocrisy is breathtaking. Mr Hughes should clearly have been preaching what he practices - because clearly he knows that exceeding the speed limit isn't necessarily dangerous."

I am however shocked and amazed at this , in that could this be the start of a new era of police responsibility or is this just a blip on the descent into chaos?.

BUT

I do think the penalties are most likely to be a lot less than that of Joe public, and should be more.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly should have known better than to have broken the speed limits in Wales.....

On the up side at least he didn't try and worm his way out of it.

Now will the wanker from Wales ever vist S Yorks.....Me thinks not....

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

And these are the very people telling us "speed kills!"

Breath-taking.

phil2alp
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:51 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the ban bothering him very much-from the statement made by South Yorks Police it seems that a car and driver will definitely be made available to him for the duration of the ban!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:04 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people who do a job that involves travelling from one place to another would loose their job if they got a driving ban for that length of time.

powelly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil2alp wrote:
I can't see the ban bothering him very much-from the statement made by South Yorks Police it seems that a car and driver will definitely be made available to him for the duration of the ban!

So he breaks the law and the tax payer foots the bill for a car and driver for the period of his ban... Now thats justice!

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the car and driver will be there anyway as its will be part and parcel of the post. So its not something they have rolled out, just because he has been banned.

There are calls going out for hime to resign or be sacked.

Had this been a police time offence then yep, he should go. But as it was while he was off duty i think he should stay.

Sickning thing is the legal bod who gets all the rich and hopeless off, offered to do it for free and would have got him off.... As it was he got some actor off for doing 35 in a 30 on the usual scam he pulls...

Hats off to the copper, he did not wangle his way out of it, or even try too.

Was covered as top story on local news and followed by a piece where the local council is to decrease a speed limit to 20 on a road as a kid was creamed by a hit and run...... Locals saying its joy riders and off road bikes that are the main problem..... Like a sign saying 20 is going to make any diffrence.... Thumbs Down

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed re-reading the news item , he seems to have escaped with zero points, or is there something about ban = no points? ,

Obviously I would muchly enjoy him to receive 11 points and a ban and a fine. Oh and a re-test on the longer bigger harder test than banned people have to go through.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:47 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I just noticed re-reading the news item , he seems to have escaped with zero points, or is there something about ban = no points? ,

Obviously I would muchly enjoy him to receive 11 points and a ban and a fine. Oh and a re-test on the longer bigger harder test than banned people have to go through.

He should have lost his licence. I believe he was already on 6 points. That offence would have caused anyone else to get another three, loose their licence through totting up and have to do a double length test to get it back again.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 02:51 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Yes. Generally it is ban or points, not both.

All the best

Keith

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:33 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I believe he was already on 6 points. That offence would have caused anyone else to get another three, loose their licence through totting up and have to do a double length test to get it back again.

He did have a couple of fixed penalties in the past, but they had expired. So in effect he had a clean licence.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
And these are the very people telling us "speed kills!"

Breath-taking.

he still is too he came out and made a statement,

I semi wish I was the journo who took this,

I'd have said something like

if you think it is so bad why do you not appeal for your ban to be longer or are you a hypocrite? , (at which he would demand I stop filming the government minder would erase the video tape and I would find myself in Guantanamo probably).

Its funny though how civil servants who speak on TV and press conferences have minders , when only 3-4 years ago our press would castigate being given minders in other countries.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/7144290.stm

What a cunt. Middle Finger

acwman
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:21 - 16 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he is still a director of a company which helps the police prosecute drivers whom try to protest their convictions.. Confused
Bikes owned -Yamaha R1+akrapovic, Ducati 749S, Power Commander + Termi's,Buell XB12R - with race kit, GSXR600-K4 Titanium Scorpion end Can, ZXR400, RS125, Cagiva Mito, RS50, RG125, ER50, FS1E. https://www.bikepics.com/members/acwman/

Vin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 17 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Most people who do a job that involves travelling from one place to another would loose their job if they got a driving ban for that length of time.

Yup....

Philious
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:46 - 18 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little picture here shows my sentiments...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1