Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

dangerous terrorist/criminal caught!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: dangerous terrorist/criminal caught! Reply with quote

Yeah ok I admit it is from the daily mail...

A dangerous terrorist/criminal master mind has been caught!

Link

Precis man had audacity to warm up his car and not be in it, got fined £30, I think that this may well have an application to bikers since I hear lots of people let their bikes warm up while they get dressed inside or what not. (not me though I have no mechanical sympathy and the second the engine turns over I'm gone).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious solution is to ban cars that can be locked from the outside with the engine running.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some idle cvnt with a company mercedes. Boo fvcking hoo.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: dangerous terrorist/criminal caught! Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I think that this may well have an application to bikers since I hear lots of people let their bikes warm up while they get dressed inside or what not. (not me though I have no mechanical sympathy and the second the engine turns over I'm gone).

Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always been illegal to do that over here, it's in case someone hoods your car for a car bomb.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's illegal to leave any vehicle running/turned on while not in full control of it.

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 17:14 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Focus' that the police use around here have been dying because they jump in them on a shout, rag the tits off them, then turning off the engine when they arrive. Which meant they were dying quite early on.

So it's interesting to note the local police have been installing turbo timers (keeps the car idling for a couple of minutes after the ignitions turned off) on all their cars to prevent them blowing the turbo chargers up on them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres about 10 or so cars get stolen round here every year when the first frost hits. People start the cars then leave em running so they can have a brew while the windows clear. Local car thieves have a field day. If you're daft enough to tell the insurance then they wont pay out either. Half wit woman over the road from us does it all the time, and just to irritate us even more her radio is generally blasting out as well.

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The officer tried to offer words of advice to the individual but the male refused to accept them and so the officer was left with no option but to issue a fixed penalty notice of £30.

So if you don't listen to the police they don't have an option but to fine you? Nice...

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:

So if you don't listen to the police they don't have an option but to fine you? Nice...

Is it me or do many officers lack tact? They just wind people up to the point where they need backup to take them to a cell, or just hand out a ticket. What makes it worse is that they're usualy polite which seems a bit pointless if the officer is doing a June sarpong impression conversing with someone like they're a total moronic wanker under the age of 5.

Perhaps this bloke was just being a mouthy cock, but a ticket for warming your locked car up? if it gets to that point surely it would be better to just say "OK sir as long as you are aware..."

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 28 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of you guys have missed the point. You're not allowed to have an opinion around a copper, nor are you allowed to assert your adulthood or otherwise indicate you might have half a clue about anything, never mind know something better than the been-nowhere, done-nothing retard in the uniform.

The best thing you can do is patronize them with an incredible display of polite acquiesence, they suck that shit up like it's manna from heaven. Then, when they've grandiosely let you off and departed, you can have the last laugh.

They're not interested in being treated like genuine, and equal, human beings and spoken to like men, so why disappoint them? Give the muppets what they want (an ego massage) and send them on their way. Bless 'em. Laughing

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 29 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way that bloke spoke in the mail made him sound like a bit of a smug cock.
"Oh there's no way someone could possibly steal my impregnable company Mercedes! There's an autolocking button for the doors AND windows! Thus rendering the windows impervious to a hammer."

You can tell he was standing there saying something like that over and over to the police chap. That's not to say the police boy was supremely polite through-out.

So if you prattle on like that to someone who has the power to issue you with an on the spot fine when you are actually breaking the law, then you won't really get far will you?
How do you behave at work when someone is in the wrong but wont accept it and is just a smarmy cock towards you?

And were the bloke to get off with it (for that reasoning), and then someone else doesn't (because they have regular doors and windows), isn't that just 6 of 1 etc...?

This whole matter is so pointlessly trivial.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 29 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

h00dwink wrote:

This whole matter is so pointlessly trivial.

That about sums up a very large percentage of UK laws unfortunately.

An obvious solution would be to ban the Daily Mail.

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 29 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree with the way most feel, as shown in this case. That most laws (as shown in life generally) purely punish the working/middle class. Whilst the scrotey nasties and the rich just get away with everything.

The mail is pretty bad, but it's not nearly as hypocritical as the sun in reporting "news". Some god awful (pointless) stories get massive coverage over multiple pages, whilst almost incredible stories of personal triumph get a couple of sentances or paragraphs.

california_rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 04 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, considering 'remote start' is a huge selling point over here. Especially in the more inclement parts of the country as it allows drivers to start their vehicle without ever leaving the house. Nothing like walking out to a nice warm car on those icy, sunless, winter mornings, I'm sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 04 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this law applicable if the car is on your own property?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1