Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

An idea for a private contacts forum type thing

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:17 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but you could recognise my leathers and lid! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 19:29 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - thats why I suggested just an area thing rather than an address - hey the hippys live near chippenham just off the motorway not far from minni moto and I need a bed I'll give them a call kind of thing!!

PsychoHippy wrote:
I think it's a top idea (well I would - wouldn't I Laughing )
However I agree with G about the addresses - I don't think they are needed as we an always phone or PM that sort of thing.
Mobile number, photo and name should be enough.
Maybe (don't ask me) it might be possible to do links from the map to each persons entry? But then again, that might be far too much work Confused

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 19:32 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAny apologies to the person who did the map - I either havent seen it before or saw it just before I was zapped by a mind probe and forgot it enough to think it was an original idea!

P_J wrote:

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 19:34 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking perhaps that it would encourage mixing and socalising out of party and bike meet mode and more of a if your in the area or need a bed / need help or a hand kind of community thing.

G wrote:
Infact, how often do you go to other people's houses from BCF?

Apart from a party etc, when address's/ directions are usually spam-pm'd out.

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 19:37 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are concerned then you dont post your details and I was just talking about a rough area and a mobile number (which is easy to ditch if needed).

Ste wrote:
Could work, but as Bendy says, if you're meeting people somewhere you tend to take a mobile number with you and ring them. And mobile numbers can be saved into your phone Smile

And on that note, my mobile number has changed, so if you had my old one send me a pm and I'll send you my new one.

My only concern would be posting up details knowing people who we have no idea who they are other than a name on the forum will be able to get. Would need it only to be for people we know and have met etc.

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 19:44 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said it was a more community idea - I am used to having an open door and would expect and hope if anyone ever found themselves in traveling to this area they might note our number so that any difficulty that occured from needing anything from a spanner to a bed anywhere in the area near us or on A4 or M4 in our area they would have someone to call.

Perhaps it was too much to hope that anyone would be pleased to have me turn up on their doorstep Crying or Very sad Wink

If it is such a terrible idea then I apologise and withdraw it.

Bendy wrote:
Shaun wrote:
how about if your going to meet someone you PM them and ask if you can have there mobile No. and they give it to you if they don't mind.

Bingo.

The art of converstation. Smile

Last edited by Mrs_Hippy on 20:03 - 03 Jan 2004; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:55 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsHippy wrote:

Perhaps it was too much to hope that anyone would be pleased to have me turn up on their doorstep.

Rolling Eyes You *did* ask for constructive comments, and it seems people posted them. No need to turn this into an 'oh nobody would want me round their house'.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:56 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon it could be built into the map.

Split the map up into "areas" so it just say tells you who is in that general area. So that for say you click the Reading area and it comes up saying "Ste, g, dusty, viper, john" etc, with the names linking to the profiles.

Add onto the map places of events like minimoto, boxhill, RNB, BDB, santa pod, elvington etc and it's getting useful Smile Could also mark on race track locations, favorite locations of police speed traps etc and we're getting together a nice useful map of information Smile

Probably also so you can choose what information is displayed on the map etc.

/me pokes Korn Razz

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 20:00 - 03 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to put a the closest thing to a raspberry smiley after that but at the time my friends daughter came in throughout the door (got these kids skirts are getting shorter and the boots longer!!)

And I was asking for constructive comments but some of the comments from people do seem to be a bit on the negative side don't they?

Its supposed to be a new year - new cheer - please don't lynch me - I am far to easy prey!! Laughing

Bendy wrote:
MrsHippy wrote:

Perhaps it was too much to hope that anyone would be pleased to have me turn up on their doorstep.

Rolling Eyes You *did* ask for constructive comments, and it seems people posted them. No need to turn this into an 'oh nobody would want me round their house'.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 119 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2