Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF Librarian Needed

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 18:30 - 02 Jan 2004    Post subject: BCF Librarian Needed Reply with quote

Ok, I need somebody to run the links section. The ideal person will sort out what's already there as well as add new and useful stuff on a regular basis. Starting salary £00,000 + no benefits.

If you fancy it send me a PM saying why you think you should get the job and what you would do if you got it. Regulars only please.

Usual BikeChatForums terms and conditions apply. The admin's decision is final. Kevin Mullin or relatives of Kevin Mullin are disqualified from the competition by restraining order. In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by throwing a dart at my PM inbox. By applying you acknowledge that your kidneys become the property of Korn Ltd and you may be auctioned off on eBay if you fail to do a good job.

Last edited by Korn on 00:29 - 17 Jan 2004; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:49 - 02 Jan 2004    Post subject: Re: BCF Librarian Needed Reply with quote

Can we have it categorised a bit more maybe.. ie with some sort of directory stucture or something like that?

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 18:59 - 02 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never even been to that section before, not sure how I missed it. Confused Neutral

Most of the links seem to be from Ste.

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 19:13 - 02 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just cause you know I would run the site alot better than you. Twisted Evil
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:17 - 02 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

im up for it, bit bored Sad got internet acsess now \o/ so i will be about alot hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 20:21 - 02 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I get to tell people to shhhhh? Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:20 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll could do it Smile

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I'll could do it Smile

Not with grammar like that boy!

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 16:31 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I'll could do it Smile

/me looks at Ste's website.

Nuff said.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:35 - 06 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Ste wrote:
I'll could do it Smile

/me looks at Ste's website.

Nuff said.

Bah Razz

My suggestions for links sections Smile

- Have it as a forum style, so people can post comments and discuss anything about the links
- Be able to rate them link, which could be linked to karma
- Sections so that people can find the link they're looking for more easily
- Searchable assuming it gets a reasonable number of links in it

Very Happy

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 06 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestions for links sections

- Get rid of all the links posted by ste and replace them with good links Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 15:39 - 06 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add more categories.

I would like to see some way to vote for a link and a sortable list based on most clicked/voted for/popular in each category.

I would also like to see a top 10 list or something similar in the main category that you would see first when entering the links page which would be pulled from all the categories in the links section.

I would like to see nice little icons next to the categories in the category list to show what they are Smile (Tart) and a button on each link that allows users to let whoever is in charge know that a link is brocken so it can be moved more quickly.

Finally i would like to vote for Kornel as Prime Minister. Laughing

I know this post is all over the place but i would like to see the categories looking something like this....

Bikes
Parts
Exhausts
Tyres
Clothing
Performance parts
Etc.....

Manafactures (could also include all international links for our foreign bredrin) Laughing
Honda
Suzuki
Etc....

Misc
Insurance
Recovery
Repair (This could be done by location, for example users could submit the name and website details for their local dealers.

General (Speaks for itself, basically anything that doesnt fit into the other categories.)

Handy Info (The NSR125.com de-restriction guide for example)

BCF Related Links

Events
Links to info about bike events (ticket info and dates etc...)

Other bike specific forums (I know this may seem like a bad idea but recently a few people have come from other forums and made themselves regulars. Maybe we could get in contact with some other forums out there and do a link swap. This wouldnt include general forums such as ours, instead it would focus on bike specific sites such as the ninja forum - Some people might think this is a bad idea but if done in the right way could prove good for the growth of the site. If thats what some people want that is)

BLuegh ill shut up now Smile

Oh i would also like to add that i would like to vote Kornel for Prime Minister. Laughing

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 06 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see references from peeps who have bought from sites as I always hesitate to pass my money over to companys over the net. If that makes sense?
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 06 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be arsed really Mr. Green

Guess I won't be getting it then Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1