Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

you NSR125 people!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
FLuX This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 16:54 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware, NSR125 owners can buy Arrow race systems for their bikes. Personally I've not actually seen anywhere selling these, but if you like the idea of an NSR with plenty of nice extras, your best bet is probably https://www.motorrad-bach.de

The site is all in german, but apparently they ship to England.
If only I could figure out how to convert my money to Euros...

Good luck mate, the time of the NSR is nearly at hand Very Happy .
For both of us \o/.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 16:56 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.apexleisure.co.uk

sell both arrows, and jolly moto systems for 2 strokes, definately seen one or the other for NSR, have a look if thats your thing

[edit] i feel like being helpful Razz 295 for a "jolly moto" aluminium can system for the NSR125R, 330 for the system with carbon fibre can
https://www.apexleisure.co.uk/jolly.htm

arrows cost 235 for a system for the NSR (92-present) with what look like carbon fibre cans https://www.apexleisure.co.uk/artwostroke.htm

top speed derestricted around the 100mph mark, you can rely on maybe up to 90mph, restricted about 70mph

the performance cans wont be larger, they will sound, louder, but unlikely to be deeper, just a screaming 2 stroke Very Happy
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Last edited by WildGoose on 17:02 - 10 Jan 2004; edited 1 time in total

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-60 is 6ish i think
top speed between 85 and 115 depending on restriction
i de-restricted my old one. takes a while but fairly easy to do and well worth it.
better sounding can on a 125 2-stroke? forget it mate, just think of it as an incentive to upgrade the bike.

you thinking of getting an NSR i take it?they're damn fine lil bikes!

matt
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:04 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, i bought a brand new nsr125 last summer, it was my first bike for many years, restricted the bike was pig slow, but my 15 stone prolly didn't help, after running it in i derestricted, the differance this made was amazing, i used the bike to commute to work mainly along daul carrigeways, the bike would accerlerate ok, but i used to have to check what was at the front of the queue to see if i could get away faster! but once going it used to take me along at around 80-85mph quite happily. the only thing i changed was the front sprocket. i did go as fast as 95 once and it didn't seem to mind, but i found accerleration no faster than the average 2 litre car.

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!

PostPosted: 17:39 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about 0-60, but under 7 seconds... its hard to 1-one thousands, 2-two thousands, 3-three thousands when you're trying to accelerate as fast as you can Razz.

Top speed, I think I've cracked 95mph on mine (on a private road, of course, Mister Policeman Wink), but it was at night, my speedo is in kph and I've learnt to just ignore the kph and use the stickers or the needles position.

It'll pretty much sit at 70/80mph all day without complaining though, which is nice. Smile
FLuX This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!

PostPosted: 18:31 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLuX wrote:
syfoon is yours restricted or de restricted ?

How dare you insult me Razz.

Derestricted, of course!

Although it shouldn't be, as I'm only on my CBT Razz.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 18:45 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
i got 101 mph out of it syfoon must be your fat ass Very Happy

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!

PostPosted: 18:49 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Hi
i got 101 mph out of it syfoon must be your fat ass Very Happy

Luke

Laughing

Probably is too Razz

I'm still blaming the bike though, not my ever-growing gut and arse Very Happy. Its just too underpowered to haul me along that quickly Razz.

Hopefully it will after rebuild and running in Very Happy.

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an NSR, but if the AR is in a really good mood it gets to an indicated 60 in about 7-8 seconds, and goes onto around 85.

Sort of de-restricted.

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

PostPosted: 19:07 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, got just about 100mph on my NSR.
0-60 I haven't timed it.

When it was restricted the top speed was just over 80mph. Time it took to get to 60 wasn't too bad, probably around 11 seconds as people say.

I wouldn't bother modding an NSR, there's not alot you can do and it's pretty much pointless. Just wait til you get a bigger bike.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 19:26 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

one1895 wrote:
Time it took to get to 60 wasn't too bad, probably around 11 seconds as people say.

I wouldn't bother modding an NSR, there's not alot you can do and it's pretty much pointless. Just wait til you get a bigger bike.
I agree with the latter, but not the former. I reckon 0-60mph on a derestricted NSR is somewhere between 6-8 seconds.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:54 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to mention, you don't want a physically bigger exhaust as the two strokes work on back pressure. Remove that and it goes slow and crap.

Likewise the noise, it's a two stroke. It's meant to sound like that Cool

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 21:36 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-60 of about 5.5
top speed of about 85.

Mines full power.
But slightly downgeared compared to others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:00 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Being honest a sports 125 is not going to manage better than about 7 seconds to 60. May feel quicker, but counting the seconds it takes to get to 60 is going to be no better than a guess (as you will likely manage to count around what you expected to count).

Basically acceleration is greatly down to power to weight ratio. A 125kg NSR with 75kg of rider on it is not going to have a much better power to weight ratio that a modern 2L 1200kg hot hatch back which would get to 60 in around 8 seconds.

All the best

Keith

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi
Basically acceleration is greatly down to power to weight ratio. A 125kg NSR with 75kg of rider on it is not going to have a much better power to weight ratio that a modern 2L 1200kg hot hatch back which would get to 60 in around 8 seconds.

Maybe not, but no new driver has a hope of getting insurance on a hot hatch. Smile

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 22:22 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
back which would get to 60 in around 8 seconds.

I was on about when i ride it off a plane though Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 113 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1