|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Jamie. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jamie. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Yoko |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Yoko Brolly Dolly

Joined: 25 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:51 - 02 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Wankers, never had this problem before and today, in the pissing rain I'm stood next to my bike about to fill up and the pump wont turn on. Over the speaker system some woman goes "Can pump one take their helmet off"
So I take it off and start pumping fuel, but there is nowhere to put my lid (there is diesel on the floor and everything else is wet so I put my lid back on. Fuel pump turns off. Fuck sakes. Lid back off and pump goes back on.
Finish fueling and put my lid back on, went in side and had a right moan at the woman saying is this a piss take, I've never had to do it before here, said how expensive the lid is and how easily it can be damaged and cant be put on a wet, diesel soaked floor or balanced on a bike.
"Blah blah blah it's policy blah blah"
Paid for it then went and removed a few nozzles and dropped them on the floor before riding off.
Cunts, what they gonna do when some rag head woman shows up for fuel??
"Can the rag heads on pump 2 take their rags off"
Tossers.  ____________________ Sheep Shagger |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:24 - 04 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had some wanker security guard in the Morrisons Garage to tell me to take my helmet off after I fueled up the Hornet during lunchtime while it was busy. There I was telling this 7 foot prick to fuck off in front of lots of people.
"It's the law"
"Fuck off it's the law, it's the law for me to WEAR a helmet"
"It's standard procedure"
"Not my procedure at all and I never have done in any shop"
Got pissed off with him so I walked past him, into the shop, queued up, payed and left without taking my helmet off.
He was standing behind me the whole time.
Fucking tosser. Even the lady in the counter smiled at me.
And at Tesco's in Amersham. Fuel up, (there is pay and pump but didn't have a card with me at the time). Go inside and I'm about to pay when this supervisor (there was 2 lady till attendants and this one guy) asks me to take my helmet off.
"What for?"
"For security purposes"
"For security? I wear this for safety and to obey the law. If I was going to steal something or do something then I wouldn't even bother paying attention and I most certainly wouldn't take my helmet off. You're just annoying innocent bikers."
I paid and when I left he said I was rude.
Don't use either of those 2 petrol stations unless I 100% have to when I'm running out of fuel.
Haven't taken my helmet of for fuelling and never will.
FFS I even queued up behind a police officer and they didn't even say anything or give me a funny look.  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Karbon Kid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Karbon Kid Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 21 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:33 - 26 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi Everyone
I had the same happen at my local Tesco's and she tried to make me look like some sort of a terrorist in front of a garage full of people and unfortunatley I went complete beserk at the "Old Bag"
I even took her over to the main store to see her manager and he held a meeting with me in the middle of the CAFE.The thing is that when I told her to go and F**k herself she told me to do the same which does'nt go down very well with Tesco's in general ,as there staff are supposed to be polite at all times. It all flared up when she told me to remove my lid in a real bombastic manner in front of at least 15 customers,I then asked her where it stated I had to do this and she said there was a sign in the window but there was'nt one when I looked for it. She was just anti-motorcyclist and a miserable old cow.I know all about the reasons for so called removing your helmet but SOD IT why should you have to. The next thing they'll be asking you to shave off your beard and take off your glasses. I Know I have a quick temper and went about this the wrong way by playing into her hands, but it's nothing but discrimination against Motorcyclists and it really makes my piss itch
Sorry About the Rant
Karbon Kid
PS I remember back in the late 70's-80's when motorcyclists were banned from most pubs ,around our way it did'nt matter if you were 18 or 80 they would'nt let you in the pubs if you rode a bike or had a leather bike jacket on. ____________________ A mate said life begins at 40 ( LYING GIT) so I got to 50 and bought a bike again!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tsmith |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tsmith Traffic Copper
Joined: 15 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nutter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nutter Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 23 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:11 - 26 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oh boy, you guys are gonna have fun with me , because I work at a petrol station, Welcome break M54 to be precise
I personally don't mind serving bikers with the lid on, as long as they can hear me, many of them can't, hence why some are fussy about bikers having the lids on.
As for security, that is a load of tosh, the maximum bikers normally put in is about £17, and thats on the bigger bikes, they ain't the worst drive off's in the world (on my first weekend I had a HGV drive off of £433.78). I think this whole thing about security is because most forecourts only have the cameras at the front of the forecourt, and so IF you did drive off, they wouldn't have the number plate to report you to the cops.
here's my list of things which annoy me when working a forecourt:
1. People riding through cones to use cones we can't see after dark (genuine H&S reasons)
2. People who use mobiles on the forecourt, even when I have asked them not to (stop button (individual pump), supposed H&S risk, never proven though )
3. People who SMOKE on the forcourt, tends to be the foreign lorry drivers, thats an emergancy stop valve number, cutting off ALL fuel.
4. Childish people who come in f'in and blinding because we don't turn their pump on (normally because they are using their mobiles) amd then pull the pump out, drop it on the floor, and drive off. Drivers and riders are supposed to be adults (hence the minimun age of 16), so start acting like one.
Hope this helps clear certain things up
[/list] ____________________ Current bike is kawasaki ZR7 - Previous is CBR 125 (40,000 long long miles). Mod 2 passed 11/08/11 - Hope to become an instructor |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| deanoet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 deanoet World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:45 - 27 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Always do, only takes a few seconds to take it off and back on again. Can see why it would be intimidating to staff.
Saying that i dont wear a balaclava or have headphones in, if i did and it took me 10 mins to sort it all out i would probably change my view.
If it is busy i even wheel forward once i have paid so the guy behind can fill up while i am getting kitted up. No skin off my nose.  ____________________ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBT Passed 18th July 2007 : Previous Bikes> CG125 : Current Bike> Hornet 600 : PASSED DAS 30th Oct 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MrPickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MrPickle Derestricted Danger

Joined: 26 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:10 - 27 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ive only bin asked to prove my age once when buying fuel...
Half way down the M4 on my ZXR750
my RS125 never bin asked in over 6 years of driving/Riding!
I ALWAYS keep my lid on when fueling up and take it off when i pay , force of habit i suppose ____________________ '04 Rs125
'91 ZXR750
'03 DT125R |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mudskipper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mudskipper World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Walloper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Walloper Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mudskipper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mudskipper World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:57 - 28 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
To be honest taking your helmet off isnt /that/ much hassle, i know it might be a pain in the arse, especially in the cold and wet, but is it really worth the argument its bound to cause by refusing, all it does is help to add to the already bad image that we as bikers wrongfully get.
A more annoying thing happens when you have L plates, when i had mine every single petrol station in this area made you go in and pay first, they would then watch their screen and immediatly cut off the pump as soon as it reached what you had payed for, all because some pikeys on peds dont pay for petrol!
As per usual everybody has to suffer because of the actions of a few, in this case armed robbers in helmets and pikey scumbags on peds, it aint fair but its life!
And before somebody points out that "this is the problem with people these days, people are unwilling to argue their point" i'd like to point out myself, (and this goes for all sorts, not just the lids at petrol stations issue) that one person wont get listened to, nor will ten or twenty, the ony way we are likely to get any results with anything is a protest, and a big one at that! otherwise the government are too willing to kick back and ignore the "pesky bikers" but i know im not going to organise a protest and a havent seen anybody else on here try so for now it looks like were going to have to put up with all the anti-bike politics.
Rant over.
sorry, its been a long day!
c_dug ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Karbon Kid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Karbon Kid Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 21 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:15 - 28 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's not the hassle it's the principle.
Like I said in my other post.
Back in the late 70's/early 80's you could'nt go to pubs on bikes or with leather bike jacket's on in alot of places especially if there was more than one of you,and only the other day me and my wife were saying how folk's would'nt put up with that today.The thing is they get one thing over on us and then it's something else.What pissed me off more than anything was the way that she spoke to me,infact I think she was shocked when I took off my helmet and she saw that I was a bald middle aged bloke and not a young kid but by then the damage had been done, a "PLEASE" would have softened things a bit,but she was on a MISSION.
Sorry to rant again  ____________________ A mate said life begins at 40 ( LYING GIT) so I got to 50 and bought a bike again!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Walloper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Walloper Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:57 - 28 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| c_dug wrote: | To be honest taking your helmet off isnt /that/ much hassle, i know it might be a pain in the arse, especially in the cold and wet, but is it really worth the argument its bound to cause by refusing, all it does is help to add to the already bad image that we as bikers wrongfully get.
A more annoying thing happens when you have L plates, when i had mine every single petrol station in this area made you go in and pay first, they would then watch their screen and immediatly cut off the pump as soon as it reached what you had payed for, all because some pikeys on peds dont pay for petrol!
As per usual everybody has to suffer because of the actions of a few, in this case armed robbers in helmets and pikey scumbags on peds, it aint fair but its life!
And before somebody points out that "this is the problem with people these days, people are unwilling to argue their point" i'd like to point out myself, (and this goes for all sorts, not just the lids at petrol stations issue) that one person wont get listened to, nor will ten or twenty, the ony way we are likely to get any results with anything is a protest, and a big one at that! otherwise the government are too willing to kick back and ignore the "pesky bikers" but i know im not going to organise a protest and a havent seen anybody else on here try so for now it looks like were going to have to put up with all the anti-bike politics.
Rant over.
sorry, its been a long day!
c_dug |
WE SHOULD NOT BE PUMPING GAS!
THE ARSEHOLES SHOULD DO IT FOR US IF THEY ARE AFRAID OF ROBBERS!!!!
It is simple arithmetic.
If you value your stuff look after it properly.
Why are there still stations without selfserve?
I am keeping my helmet firmly on and just go elsewhere. But I'll have some sport with the idiots first.
Unless of course its a fit female pushing the buttons.  ____________________ W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Karbon Kid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Karbon Kid Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 21 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:11 - 29 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
NICE ONE !!!!!!!Walloper
Same Here  ____________________ A mate said life begins at 40 ( LYING GIT) so I got to 50 and bought a bike again!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| khoock |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 khoock Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Walloper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Walloper Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mac_Black |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mac_Black World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Nov 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:06 - 30 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Walloper he arrived to save tha day!!!
This picture is only vagualy relevant but I jus twanted an excuse to use it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Walloper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Walloper Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:30 - 30 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mac_Black |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mac_Black World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Nov 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:32 - 30 Jan 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
No sorry walloper I was actually being nice, I was actually agreeing with what you said about "WE SHOULD NOT BE PUMPING GAS!
THE ARSEHOLES SHOULD DO IT FOR US IF THEY ARE AFRAID OF ROBBERS!!!!" & "I am keeping my helmet firmly on and just go elsewhere. But I'll have some sport with the idiots first.
Unless of course its a fit female pushing the buttons."
Tha captian obvious picture was pointless and stupid lol . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dalemac |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dalemac World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Oct 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:18 - 04 Feb 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had another run in with tesco again today.
Was in a bit of a rush, so kept my lid on as there was only one till working and quite a few people around. By the time i got to the front of the que i was going to be late anyway, and the lad asked me to remove my lid. Spent a good minute or so debating with him why i should remove my lid (with 5-6 people behind me) I was stood there with money in hand, trying to pass it to him but he wouldnt take it.
I was just going to walk off, i cant force him to take my money but the petrol is already in the tank and it isnt coming back out again!
But i decided to play beings as they only had one till working, so returned my money to my wallet, put it in my jacket pocket, slowly removed my lid, buff, turned off my mp3 player, took my earphones off, took my wallet back out of my jacket, opened it up, checked to see if i had a change combination and handed him the money.
Waited for my change back, put it in my wallet, returned it to my jacket pocket, got out my mp3 player, put my headphones on, turned my mp3 player back on, put on my buff, tucket it into my jacket, put my lid on.
Walked off "saying cheers mate, will cya in a bit". Must have been stood at the til for a good 3-4 minutes, que was rather large and there was lots of cars waiting to get fuel.
I just had to go bck home and get the other bike, there was no point in going to the lesson by this point i would have just been slaughtered by the teacher.
So got out the ybr and went back to the petrol station, filled it up at about 4 quid. same situation, 1 till, quite busy, went to pay again and he didnt even bother asking me to take my lid off - guess he learned his lesson the first time! ____________________
YBR125 -> GPZ500S -> SL1000 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Karbon Kid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Karbon Kid Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 21 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:17 - 04 Feb 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can remember the good old days when you didnt even have to get off your bike to put the petrol in or pay for it,Never mind take your helmet off.The attendant or garage owner did it all, before self-service came along.Bring back the attendant!!!
Karbon Kid ____________________ A mate said life begins at 40 ( LYING GIT) so I got to 50 and bought a bike again!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iloveriding |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iloveriding Trackday Trickster

Joined: 24 May 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 241 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|