Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Husqvarna 610?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Offroad & Supermoto by G (19 Feb 2008 - 22:49)
View previous topic : View next topic  

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Husqvarna 610? Reply with quote

Ive been looking for this type of bike for a while now,but after watching THIS video i think they are brilliant.
I was just wondering what these bikes are like to live with? would they be ok to use as an everyday bike?
I was going to look for an xt600 or simmilar but i want something like the husky that sounds really beffy Laughing .
I would be using this kind of bike for touring around the u.k. aswell a lot of greenlaning e.t.c. ?

So would they be up for that?

If they would'nt,what other bikes is there of the same style that would be ok for these uses?
I know about the KLE XT XR DR but tbh i had never even heard of the husqvarna before seeing the above vid,so no doubt there is many more like that i've never heard of?

Thanks for looking,and appreciate any reply's.
Dave.

JBurrows88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might want to post in off-road and supermoto. There is always an ongoing thread about which supermoto! Thumbs Up

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do m8, but im wanting to use it mainly as a road bike,and im not into the whole full on off road type thing.

I suppose it would be more suited in the touring & exploration section,as thats the kind of thing im planning on doing,so i thought general bike chat would be a good inbetween.

St0rmer66
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's anything like most Husqvarna's, rebuilds will be measured in hours rather than miles, so not exactly "every day" friendly Shocked . Someone like 'G' will know more.

mad4it028
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the huskys do need a lot of servicing and without them they go bang they are great fun but only on short trips numb bum being the main problem along with bad vibes through the foot pegs that tickle your feet
if you want a holigan bike that will put a huge smile on your face every time you meet a sports bike down the back lanes and dont mind getting your hands dirty often then go for it

but really they make great fun second bikes but not good as a main bike
i have hada few supermotos everone got stolen the scum bags love them as they think there dirt bikes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replys...

It's a shame that,they sound amazing.
Im sure ill find something else with that thumper sound Smile

I dont actually want a supermoto,i would have been getting one with trial wheels and cats paw type tyres.
Xr250/400 looks like my best bet i think.

I wish i could ride sports type bikes Sad keep falling off them Crying or Very sad

Thanks
Dave

mad4it028
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a ktm 950?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad4it028 wrote:
how about a ktm 950?

From what i have read about them,their not reliable enough for any sort of long distances.
There also out of my budget Laughing

They are a really cool looking bike though.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 19 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DRz400 sounds meaty with a decent exhaust. Changing the pipe and carb gives them extra poke, too.

G and Lilredmachine know their stuff when it comes to supermotos Thumbs Up

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 19 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
The DRz400 sounds meaty with a decent exhaust. Changing the pipe and carb gives them extra poke, too.

G and Lilredmachine know their stuff when it comes to supermotos Thumbs Up

Yeah i like the drz's but im hoping to spend about £1200 quid,which limits my options a bit.
Im not bothered about the age of the bike so im hoping ill get something for that price Rolling Eyes
Im watching an africa twin on ebay at the moment with a head gasket problem so fingers crossed,that might go in my budget.
(not really the bike i wanted but would be a good toy for a little while Smile )

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:48 - 19 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a 'meaty' big single sound, a loud exhaust on any big single should do it.

If you want to ride like in the video you linked to, then, well, you need to ride like that Smile.
Could do that on the XJ you had, though it'd take a bit more work to do so.
A half decent supermoto will make it easier, but until you're really pushing it, it's still 95% in the rider.

I believe the Te610 is reasonably less tuned than the 510, which is a pretty full-on competition enduro machine.
The 610 is more of a competitor for the LC4 based KTM bikes I think.
The 410 is also worth considering as you've considering off roading - a fair bit lighter.

For this sort of money there's not many options that were designed with the intention of being supermoto and trail bike.

You should be able to just about get a DRZ-E for that sort of many and I'd reckon that should be a decent 'do it all' bike, though you'd have to spend extra money for supermoto stuff, though plenty of people have done it. The DRZ isn't far off the power of older 'reliable' 600s, but with a bit less weight and generally more modern design.
The XR400 is definitely worth considering. Similar to the DRZ with a bit less power, but a simple air cooled engine.

Older kickstart 600s are a bit lighter weight and a viable off roading alternative - try dr600 or klr600.
The newer electric start versions gained a bit off weight - dr650 a bit, klr650 quite a bit in these cases.
However, along with that you get better on-road manners.

For all of these you're still going to have to "DIY" if you want supermoto stuff.

Incidentally, the KTM950 should be reasonably reliable, but is very heavy compared to most off road bikes, even the enduro version.

mad4it028
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 20 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should be able to pick up a ccm 604 ds or 644 in supermoto trim in good nick for £1200
there a good fun bike easy tunable and pretty capable

i had the ccm604 supermoto i loved it used it alot worked on it alot (tunning) i would still have it now but the scum bag pikeys got to it

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 20 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great reply's.
Just so you know,i dont ride anything like the people in the vids,and i dont think i ever will Smile i wish i could but it's a bit hardcore for me at present Smile .

I dont actually want a supermoto (as in sm tyres/brakes)i just want that same style bike but with 50/50road dirt tyres/wheels.
Basically,im after a bike exactly the same as my old yammy dt125r but with more power for motorway use.
Ill keep my eyes open for a dr or preferably an xr.
I only asked about the husqvarna as id never heard much about them,and they sound great.but if i can get an xr or similar to sound like that then thats going to be the bike for me i think.
Really appreciate the reply's,i now have a good idea as to what im looking for.

Dave

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:58 - 20 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad4it028 wrote:
you should be able to pick up a ccm 604 ds or 644 in supermoto trim in good nick for £1200
there a good fun bike easy tunable and pretty capable

Erm, try adding another £1500 ontop of that for the 644.
The 644 uses the Suzuki dr650 engine which is lower powered but more reliable.

The rotax engine'd CCMs, as I'm sure you're aware, have a reputation for unreliability.

mad4it028
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:07 - 20 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i payed £1200 for this one its just a case of looking
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/mad4it028/IMGP0555.jpg

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:37 - 20 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's a rotax engined (presume 604), rather than a Suzuki engined 644.

JBurrows88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 20 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

As your not bothered by the age of the bike, why don't you consider a DR350. They are very reliable and better than most 250's (especially in your budget)!

You can find the old DRZ400e version (2000/2001, even the odd 02) for around £1500 Thumbs Up

I picked up a DRZ400sy 02 with 3k miles (little tatty) for £1900 which inc a restriction kit and a full service, and an (almost) new rear tyre, with supermoto and trail wheels.

As stated earlier; Its a case of finding the right bike at the right price! Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:44 - 20 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I've been looking into the newer TE610s, being rereminded of them by this thread...
Definitely an interesting dual/sport adventure bike.
Heavier than you'd choose for an enduro/trail bike but not /too/ bad, has 3k service intervals and a wide ratio gear box - it often annoys me that you can either have a short first gear (trail stuff) or long top gear (road) but not both at once.

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 21 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm
Thanks for all the info guys.
I ended up going down a different road Laughing

https://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x13/fronterapics/tengai/DSC00055.jpg

But this is temporary,just until i can come up with more cash for the bike i want.

Dave

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:11 - 21 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a loud exhaust is what you want - should be able to fit one to that with out /too/ much hassle.

Treated right, the KLR should be a good reliable bike.
Decent tyres on those rims and it should go around corners ok.

Or could look at supermoto-style wheels for it.

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 21 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really want to start spending money on it tbh,as it's not really the bike i was looking for,but ill use it as much as i can and see if i start liking it more as i use it.

Considering the age of the bike,it's in great condition (no surface rust anywhere) but im not 100% sure about the engine,so ill wait a few weeks.
Seems to making a strange noise until i get higher in the rev range Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1