Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tiredness/fuzzy head/shaky

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Tiredness/fuzzy head/shaky Reply with quote

Hi, im after a bit of advice...
For the last couple of months ive felt tired (no matter how much sleep i get), ive had a fuzzy head and have been slightly shaky.
This last week its got a lot worse, to the point where i dont want to do anything but sleep, and pretty much feel incapable Sad
Ive been to the doc, but to be honest he wasnt much use, im booked in for a blood test on tuesday to check for diabetes but im not convined thats the problem....
Im getting desperate now, im sick and tired of walking around feeling like im hungover, so has anyone felt anything similar??
Cheers, nick Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Re: Tiredness/fuzzy head/shaky Reply with quote

beatnck2 wrote:

Ive been to the doc, but to be honest he wasnt much use, im booked in for a blood test on tuesday to check for diabetes but im not convined thats the problem....

Nick,
I suffer from something similar, which is unknown to the doctor as well (It has just been put down to another health issue I have - which does make perfect sense to me) they won't just check for diabetes, but a whole range of other stuff as well. (Anaemia, anomalies etc). Before getting too concerned I would wait for your tests to come back.

Do you suffer from low moods?

Have you recently stopped drinking coca cola/tea/coffee any other caffeine drinks or changed your diet in a significant way?

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate
I do suffer from low moods occasionaly, my diet hasnt changed.
I was drinking quite a lot of coke i suppose, but these feelings came on before i cut down a lot, although im wondering if thats something to do with it. Its crazy really because i was trying to tell the doc how im feeling and its difficult put it into words, especially as one of my symptons is total brain shutdown Laughing
Im just not as sharp as usual, im usually quite articulate but now i struggle, and riding the bike is a nightmare, its like im drugged up.
How do you manage with it? Ive tried resting, exercise, lots of sleep etc etc and nothing i do makes me feel any better Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like this for a long time. Got a blood test and anemia showed up, got some Iron tablets and done the trick. It was terrible though, it brought on bad migraines the tiredness and I wouldn't make plans to go anywhere as I knew I would be to tired. Depression also comes with it to as it does get you down. Caffeine wont help at all, runs you down also. I cant remember last time I had caffine I am off it years.

Go to your doc and ask for a blood test anyway and see what shows up in it.

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 23 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, a blood test should help narrow down the possiblities, though my immediate thoughts were diabetes but thats usually accompanied by frequent urination and unquenchable thirst, but perhaps not always....

Possibly chronic fatigue syndrome??

Keep pressin the doc for answers as this is obviously affecting your livelihood, and cant be good to be riding a bike in that state of mind either.

Good luck,

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 23 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the blood tests is the way to go; last June I had a headache that basically lasted 9 weeks. It was horrid and was made worse by my commute, I had the tests for anemia, diabetes etc... It turned out to be an odd cholesterol problem, though my cholesterol is a healthy 4.2 the breakdown of "good" to "bad" cholesterol was out of balance. It didn't help that every piece of advice the doctor gave I was already doing: not smoking, not drinking to excess, eating a balanced diet, taking regular exercise etc... but it did give me "peace of mind" and something to research. The headache is sort of still there but it's definitely eased, I hope your diagnosis is as straightforward. Thumbs Up

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 23 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for all the advice guys, hopefully the blood test will show something up Thumbs Up

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:19 - 24 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like something I had a few years back. In fact, it must have been 4 years ago because I recall basically watching all of the last Olympics because I was too tired to do anything else!

There was a nasty virus going round, I got it but then couldn't shake it, and I was left feeling tired, a bit nauseous, occassionally shaky and occasionally dizzy but basically with no energy at all. Went to the doctor about it a few times, they took blood tests, found nothing, and in the end concluded that it must be post viral fatigue syndrome (not quite as bad as chronic but the same type of thing). Which basically means the doctor says 'can't do anything, you'll just have to wait for it to go away'. So I waited, and it wouldn't go away. I also started to get a bit depressed, and started to worry a lot about small things. I decided I didn't want to keep 'just waiting' so did a bit of net research and decided to try some alternative options. I got some chinese medicine made up - bag of weird bits and pieces which I brewed into tea. I made up one cup and only drank 1/4 of it because it tasted so vile. However I felt better than I had in ages the next day, so there might have been something to it, but it was too unpleasant for me to take.
In the end I went to a herbalist. She made me up a tincture to take, and - be it real effect or mentally induced - that was what fixed me.

The whole thing was not a fun experience.. I think it must have lasted nearly 6 months, and although I was still OK to go to work (I worked as an usher in a theatre at that time) it was a struggle a lot of the time, I just felt rubbish, no energy, depressed, anxious, cried very easily. But it did go away Smile I still have to watch and not exhaust myself too much, and every now and then I still get a lingering bit of anxiety over very little which I never used to have, but it did go. Hopefully it's something more medically fixable that you have, but if it is something fatigue-syndrome-like I would recommend trying some alternative options...

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 24 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

id wait for the blood tests mate, it does sound like low iron to me though, dont worry bout it though, the doc should sort you out soon. Thumbs Up
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 24 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys Thumbs Up
My only (slight...) problem now is i bloody hate having blood taken Embarassed Laughing
Im ok with injections, im just a wimp when it comes to giving rather recieving Laughing , just the thought of it makes me feel feint Rolling Eyes

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 24 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Nick, I always ask if I can lie down, as if I don't I tend to fall down. Years ago a very forthright nurse told me I was worrying about nothing and that I should just sit in the chair. I came too with the syringe still in my arm slumped across her shoulders, she was buckling underneath me and screaming for the doctor to assist her. Laugh? I nearly bust me britches, especially when the Doc gave her a tattering for not listening to me as I'd had a turn on him when he took blood the year before. Laughing

Deep breaths in through the nose out through the mouth, close yours eyes and think of something else like bunnies and kittens...

andi
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:43 - 24 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't a blocked flue? Carbon monoxide poisening will give some of those symptoms. Confused

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 01:35 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that Post viral thingy, I was at uni at had the worst illness I had ever had, flu tontillitus and achest infect all at once. I was dead for 3 weeks. Then for another 3/4 weeks I just felt down. It just seemed to clear up by it's self.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 02:12 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

andi wrote:
It ain't a blocked flue? Carbon monoxide poisening will give some of those symptoms. Confused

That's funny as I was just thinking the same thing!

However I expect after a couple of months, you'd be close to death right?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 02:13 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I had that Post viral thingy, I was at uni at had the worst illness I had ever had, flu tontillitus and achest infect all at once. I was dead for 3 weeks. Then for another 3/4 weeks I just felt down. It just seemed to clear up by it's self.

Once you get one illness you are highly succeptable to another, although not on the same level, I hadn't had a cold for nearly 3 years, but this winter I have just entered my 7th cold. Sad
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:21 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm diabetic and go through stints of all the symptoms you described. But i dont think its related, i always have a constant head ache too.
maybe have a CAT scan?

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont think its a blocked flue as the missus and kids are all ok, good thinking though Thumbs Up

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:51 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea to buy a Carbon Monoxide tester anyway as you can't smell or see it.

andi
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:15 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
andi wrote:

That's funny as I was just thinking the same thing!

However I expect after a couple of months, you'd be close to death right?

No its depends on the concentration. High levels can be fatal but low levels can lead to the symptoms described.

CO Poisoning

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you get to the root of the issue. Not that it's any consolation . . . I rarely feel well, always tired, often feel sickish, mildly dizzy. I sleep well, eat well and have enough excercise. dads a doctor, he gets annoyed if i mention it, says, 'There is nothing wrong with you. Do you know how many people i see on a daily basis that say just the same, its life, we are all often tired etc, its normal'.

Hummmm . . . . .so thats where ths story ends.

Mate cut out wheat and reckons she has much more energy and is less tired.

I today felt GREAT this morning, it's a rarety for me. But now, it's all worn off and I'm back to feeling, run-down, tired, bit dizzy, need a holiday, slightly yucky. Thats normal for me 95% of the time.

Oh and Ive felt like this since I was a teenager, I'm 30 now.

Maybe you have a low grade bug. They give no real 'im ill' symptoms, but leave you feeling generally rough and no ther eis nothing a Doc can do, just ride it out. Ive had plenty of those.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 25 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also symptoms of thyroid problems.

As everyone else says - blood tests.

Mark

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, i had the blood test this morning and i managed not to pass out Dance! Laughing
I have to wait a week now and then i'll get the results Thumbs Up

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:50 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week?

I managed to get hold of my results within 48 hours.

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its a bit of a wait really, i tried to get them done quicker but no joy...

Icey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to wait two weeks. Well Done for not passing out - I have nearly passed out every time or thrown up Sick
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2