Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Toxic Cigarettes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 05:50 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Toxic Cigarettes Reply with quote

Quote:
Counterfeit cigarettes which contain tobacco loaded with poisonous chemicals are hitting city streets, BBC Scotland has learned.

Quote:
The added danger is that illegal tobacco can contain high levels of dangerous chemicals.

The authorities said smokers were able to taste the difference - but by then it was too late.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/7273976.stm

The irony of this.....Government warnings over counterfeit cigarettes as they may contain toxins. Like legal, duty paid cigarettes only contain happiness, Vitamin C and the cure for cancer Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:35 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.tobacco.org/Resources/599ingredients.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:

Wow.. Gotta wonder who thought it would be a good idea to ram all those things into a cigarette?

All that and they still taste shite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:50 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read between the lines and seen "we wont get any tax if you buy illegal ciggs so they are lethal to us"

Errm arnt they full of toxins anyway and kill people? Confused

everyone knows them cheap fegs are disgusting anyway. Near cut the throat of you but seems ok for the Arabs and Spanish to smoke. I smoke tabacco anyway cheap samson £5 a 50g pouch and its ok. Prefer it to the dried hay they have here.
Quote:

Coconut oil? I smell no coconuts of them Mad

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:

i suppose when you look at it that way that fags are quiet good value for money then.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, you get to choose whether to smoke or not.
Not being a smoker, I have never looked into why cigarettes are loaded with chemicals, is it simply a matter of making cigarettes more addictive?

By allowing cigarette companies to include so may harmful additives in their product, it would appear the government are quite happy to allow smokers to destroy themselves.

Eating is a slightly different matter, obviously, you have to eat to survive. Affordable food is also loaded with unnecessary sh1t. So much so, a certain big building in London uses your taxes to buy in only organic foods for it's staff. Again, perhaps proving the point that they couldn't care less about your health.

Regards

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:

They have only about 200 additives in them...
Of these none of them are harmfull in the amounts contained.
On their own......

But....

If mixed and burned and the fumes inhaled we cannot be held responsible for what they may then produce.... Smile

Well if you smoke you're gunna die soon.

So why not sooner the better.

***Runs and hides from gang of bcf smokers wanting to stub out fag on my persona***

Smile

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all these 'ingredients' actually used to put onto the tobacco to smoke or are they just used somewhere along the line of production and the numbers have just been cherry picked to their liking?

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
dragonfly wrote:

They have only about 200 additives in them...
Of these none of them are harmfull in the amounts contained.
On their own......

But....

If mixed and burned and the fumes inhaled we cannot be held responsible for what they may then produce.... Smile

Well if you smoke you're gunna die soon.

So why not sooner the better.

***Runs and hides from gang of bcf smokers wanting to stub out fag on my persona***

Smile

I will lock you in a room with me and 20 other BCF smokers, I hope someone smokes cigars for the nice aroma we will make you inhale. So there for you get a smoke for free and are meant to die quicker from passive smoking. Very Happy Lets have a race see who's dies first, probably you from the massive whitey being a none smoker. Laughing

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 03 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
The thing is, you get to choose whether to smoke or not.
Not being a smoker, I have never looked into why cigarettes are loaded with chemicals, is it simply a matter of making cigarettes more addictive?

Not having looked at the link, I know they use cocoa to swell the capillaries in your lungs and let nicotine flood in. A lot of them will be burning agents - that's why a cigarette never goes out. That's my reason for smoking rolling tobacco instead - it's healthier than an apple. Maybe.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:04 - 04 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
So much so, a certain big building in London uses your taxes to buy in only organic foods for it's staff. Again, perhaps proving the point that they couldn't care less about your health.

Orgainic foods are no more or less healthy than normal foods. You are paying for them to be produced using a less intensive process, not their nutritional value.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:59 - 04 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
I will lock you in a room with me and 20 other BCF smokers, I hope someone smokes cigars for the nice aroma we will make you inhale. So there for you get a smoke for free and are meant to die quicker from passive smoking. Very Happy Lets have a race see who's dies first, probably you from the massive whitey being a none smoker. Laughing

Waoo..
Do I get to pick the other 20?
Will it be the other fit bitches @bcf?
Will they throw away the key?
Will we all be naked? Embarassed

I can think of a more cruel way to go.

ps Can we make a movie for You Tube?

Cocoa was added to ciggs because the factory asked why they only sell to half the population? Men!
Research found that not as many women liked the taste.
What can we do to make them like it?
Add chocolate flavour and sugar to sweeten and mask the bitter taste.

None of the ingredients are really so addictive. The real addictive is NICOTINE.
After a while every cell in your body requires it in order to function.
A lot of the additives were put in to make 'SIDE SMOKE' (the part of the 'product' which wafts off someone's fag and nips your eyes and irritates your respiratory system.)
So this was chemically neutered.

Truth is, we do not have a lot of choice in smoking or not.
Those who do possibly done so through psychological pressure from the tobacco companies. Via parents friends etc.
It is a multi zillion trafficking operation. With one sole aim. To make a lot of money for a few big people.

I smoked for a long time then chucked it. Due to mainly to my family's smoking related health issues but the keeper that made it stick was how much the companies are determined to market their death. I mirrored their efforts in my determination to stop.
I am a grumpy bastirt and will live for years now.... Laughing

https://www.ash.org.uk/

Even those who smoke will like this site.

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to smoke cigs and to be honest I knew thye already had loads of poisons in them that were killing me, ok slowly killing me...

I honestly dont belive nicotine is addictive. If so how come after 14 years of smoking I stopped instantly (hypnotherapy) its the habit thats addictive and the feeling you get. in very much the same way that cannabis isnt addictive Confused

anyone who smokes nowadays knows the risks as does anyone who takes any drugs or intoxicating thingymabobs..

do so at your own risk.

but think of it this way,, without all those smokers we would have no tax on cigs and therefore less moneys going to the nhs...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 08:18 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaman wrote:
I honestly dont belive nicotine is addictive. If so how come after 14 years of smoking I stopped instantly (hypnotherapy) its the habit thats addictive and the feeling you get. in very much the same way that cannabis isnt addictive Confused

I disagree, nicotine is addictive and does have withdrawal symptoms. However, there so mild you sleep through them. Its normally the self punishment of thinking you 'gave up something you like' that causes the real angst. Maybe the hypnotherapy cleared this from your mind. I quit 5 days ago and it has not been bad at all, but I genuinely hate smoking and don't feel like I'm giving up anything. Long may this continue Thumbs Up

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaman wrote:
I used to smoke cigs and to be honest I knew thye already had loads of poisons in them that were killing me, ok slowly killing me...

anyone who smokes nowadays knows the risks as does anyone who takes any drugs or intoxicating thingymabobs..

do so at your own risk.

but think of it this way,, without all those smokers we would have no tax on cigs and therefore less moneys going to the nhs...

Sorry but Nicotine most certainly is addictive, hands down its been clincally proven, if it wasnt, then why was it you used hypnotherapy to stop and not just dash the fags away and continue as normal??

I understand where you're coming from regarding habit though. I myself can go without most of the time - I dont smoke during the day, an its usually not until about 7 o clock onwards that the thought will even enter my head. I think this is due to the fact that when I "gave up" I was always able to do without with no problems...... until I entered a pub. Something about having a pint and a fag means that everytime I have a beer it just seems natural to go for a smoke after a couple.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm giving up non-social smoking, but the rediculous puritanism of people like ASH and the anti-smoking brigade in general makes me want to start up again. Anything to spite them is good!

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough to both of you Smile

I got fed up with smoking and also couldnt smoke in either of my places of work so I used hypno as Id tried patches and that pen thingy you inhail.

I wokr on the not addictive view for myself as I was never adicted if you understand the way I look at it.
I had a habbit not an addiction Smile stoping a habbit is easyer than an addiction in my eyes unless you have ocd

keep up the good work craigie

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those reformed smoking hitlers.
I didnt like going into pubs when they could smoke as it did effect me more I guess as my mind is tuned to not liking smoke but the bars I've been in sice the ban smell of stale beer and puke so no win realy.

I'm pefectly fine with standing around outside with smokers and whatnot , its when I get home I notice I stink of smoke it does my head in lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 05 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

RXS100_Chris wrote:
Quote:

I'm giving up non-social smoking, but the rediculous puritanism of people like ASH and the anti-smoking brigade in general makes me want to start up again. Anything to spite them is good!

You are wrong...

I smoked, I stopped.
It was only when I stopped I could see how much of real arse of a habit it is for non-smokers.
Funnily enough, the only folk who made any noise about it when we stopped smoking in Scotland's public places were smokers.
Of course you have a choice to smoke and I would never dicourage that freedom.
But it infringes my rights to equal freedom to not smoke when I have to breath the shit filled fumes of that habit.

We will ban smoking from doorways soon. It is only a matter of time.

You know it makes sense.

I do not think ASH or anyone else will feel the effects of your protests IMHO... Laughing Karma

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 06 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't make sense!

I only started smoking regularly about 18 months ago, so I do know what it is like to be a non-smoker. Never had a problem with it myself, I much prefer the smell of cigarette smoke to that of BO.

To be honest I've always despised the anti-smoking brigade. I remember being shown the most laughably hysterical anti-smoking videos at school (one with a tobacconist dressed as the devil trying to tempt children with ciggies), so I'm well aware of the daft propaganda these people produce.

ASH will care when I come to power dammit! Until then I'll do everything I can to piss them off.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:37 - 06 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

RXS100_Chris wrote:
No it doesn't make sense!

I only started smoking regularly about 18 months ago, so I do know what it is like to be a non-smoker. Never had a problem with it myself, I much prefer the smell of cigarette smoke to that of BO.

To be honest I've always despised the anti-smoking brigade. I remember being shown the most laughably hysterical anti-smoking videos at school (one with a tobacconist dressed as the devil trying to tempt children with ciggies), so I'm well aware of the daft propaganda these people produce.

ASH will care when I come to power dammit! Until then I'll do everything I can to piss them off.

There are more exciting ways to kill yourself.
And the diseases that smoking can (and does) lead to are so fucking Boring AND HURTFULL FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
oce again it's a selfish habit. And girls who smoke taste YUK. So I imagine boys who smoke taste as bad. (You will have to ask Guv though I have not kissed a boy)

But you are funny.. Thumbs Up Karma

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:40 - 06 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I remember the first time I walked into our local once the smoking ban had taken hold, I turned roudn to the lads an said "fuck me this place smells like fucking horse shit!!!"

Stale beer, BO, farts, bad breath you name it the full aroma was there fresh in your face!

And so it continues to this day, tragic I tell thee, tragic

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 00:46 - 06 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other side of the coin though.

Today after my lecture I was able to sip on a couple of pints and walk out still smelling fresh. Karma
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 06 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
On the other side of the coin though.

Today after my lecture I was able to sip on a couple of pints and walk out still smelling fresh. Karma

Ocht you only sipped?

Why not down them?

I think the pubs that smell do so because they smell.
That's not due to lack of cigarette smoke.
That's just Science.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1