Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

just a question...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

uglykidjoe
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 16 Jun 2002    Post subject: just a question... Reply with quote

ive got an nsr with a big fat L sticker on the front, until i go for my test could i get pulled if i cut out the L and stick it on front mudguard. cheers

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 16 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Dunno i think they would just give ya a warning, i dont even have l plates, just say that u didn't know u couldnt do that and look as if ure gunna cry or summin Razz

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:42 - 16 Jun 2002    Post subject: Re: just a question... Reply with quote

In theory, yes, they is a minimum size. But a significant amount of teh time I was a learner (when I was riding 125s anyway), I only had one L plate and never got hassle so I doubt they'd be too bothered. If you just said 'It was like that when I got it mate' the worst I can see them doing is telling you to get a new one.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:54 - 16 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pulled on my NSR but have never had a producer once. Chances are the copper who checks the producer won't be the same one who stopped you so how do they know if you're s'posed to be showing L plates???

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:07 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you only have to have a rear plate.
A good idea (mine) is to stick some bolts in your number plate and claim "it must've fallen off" if they ask:)
Mine incidentally has fallen off so it's really the truth:) I kept the bolts and plastic corners there for the extra proof:)

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that L plates are a pain, my plate stands out a mile on my ped...
but the L plates do have a purpose, so it may be a good idea to keep it until you pass (just a thaught)

-Jeff
saying that my L plate did actually fall off
went over backwards trying to do a wheely Embarassed
should get that replaced...

Last edited by G1_ on 11:14 - 17 Jun 2002; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
Yeah demonic ive done the same, ive got 2 bolts in the bottom of my plate with half torn l plates round the edges Razz "it must have just fallen off officer Rolling Eyes "

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 15:52 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

No room on my plate for extra holes.....its too small Laughing

Phil.S
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:22 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: L PLATE Reply with quote

I never used to display mine properly myself.
it was on a bracket on the left fork,and looked ugly as fuck.
within 1 hour of buying my bike i ripped the sod off and just wedged it between the instrument surround and the screen,so it was sort of showing.
and then if i wanted to use the motorway iwould pull of the rear one and put it infront of it facing in.

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:20 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

over here u only have to have a L on the back none on front and it is only a small one actuall on the number plate not separte, i mean as a part of the plate, i think its alot better
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1