Hutton Report

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 15:32 - 28 Jan 2004    Post subject: Hutton Report Reply with quote

So, what do you think about it?

Basically, Hutton cleared the government of embellishing the September 2002 weapons dossier with intelligence it thought was unreliable. (that Saddam could launch WMD in 45 minutes)

Lord Hutton also said he believed Dr Kelly had killed himself after being named as the suspected source of the BBC's controversial weapons dossier story.

The BBC got a royal roasting in the report - it seemed to take the governments side on every argument, they got slated in every way possible.

Dr Kelly's death still sounds suspicious to me, the way the PM talks about his death and the way some news reports are worded. I don't know, maybe it's just me being suspicious!

Discuss!

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 15:36 - 28 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't care less TBH. It's probably cost more for this shitty enquiry than I'll make in my lifetime so to me it's just another big government waste of resources.
What we gonna do? Sack them? HA!

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 28 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MoD phoning him at home just before he topped himself is a bit curious. But I guess we'll never know the whole story, everyone seems to be covering everyone elses backs at the moment.

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 16:13 - 28 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks to it all, the war was needed, a scape goat was needed, the government would never be blamed in a document as such as too much "pressure" is put on those writing it.

Also MI6 does not exist no matter what any of you think, we don't have spies amongst us, all's well, everyone go about your business, nothing to see here. Laughing

This has been the view of someone whos works for the buggers, works with the buggers and knows more than he generally should about funny politics and future developments, yet knows nothing about what he does as a job.

Hmmm I wonder if the real reason I don't know what I do as a job is because is above my current classification level. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:37 - 28 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
Also MI6 does not exist no matter what any of you think, we don't have spies amongst us, all's well, everyone go about your business, nothing to see here. Laughing

Um, Gav? MI6 does exist but they are all diplomats the work in foreign embassies (and other areas).

MI5 are involved with looking after other countries "Diplomats" and criminals etc who are in this country. The also do a lot of surveillance on suspected terrorists and criminals from this country too.

GCHQ monitor all transmitted intelligence. They are an army based organisation, although they are quite secretive.

MI5 and MI6 are both 'civilian' but they stem from the group names "Military Intelligence 5" and "Military Intelligence 6".

Don't ask me how I know Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 19:48 - 28 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That whole paragraph was a joke mate. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:16 - 28 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
That whole paragraph was a joke mate. Wink

Hence the Wink at the end of my post Gav!

Wink Wink Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 21:59 - 28 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh too subtle for me Laughing , My memory's going, my irony is also failing on me. Damn in my old age I'm losing me marbles. Shocked

I blame BCF for rotting my brain - either that or I'm picking my nose to hard and pulling brain out! Laughing

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 23:06 - 30 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
I'm losing me marbles. Shocked

Asolutely a perfect quality required for working for what basically used to openly called MI6.Razz You're all overgrown rugrats running the technological defence of our country.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:36 - 31 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
You're all overgrown rugrats running the technological defence of our country.

Oh my god, we are so screwed. Our only hope is that those wanting to invade us are just as bad. We will have to check the KGB phone directory for "Gavski".

All the best

Keith

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 01:59 - 31 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, the Russkis are up together. I saw them arrest someone Shocked very slick.

Though their ability to 'blend' leaves quite a lot to be desired. At the hotel "MOCBA" is St. P there was a mafia convention, there were about an hundred men in dark suits trying to hide behind rubber plants loitering in the hotel lobbey Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 94 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1