Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Shoplifting get you prison, GBH gets you a slap on the wrist

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  
colin1 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

No solicitors are gonna come for me, or any men on motorbikes with swords for that matter.

Its not like I live in Liverpool or something. That sort of thing does happen in liverpool.

Swords? They have invented things called guns now. Wink

Your extremely nieve to think it only happens in places like Liverpool. Shocked

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:51 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

Its not like I live in Liverpool or something. That sort of thing does happen in liverpool.

Your skating on very thin ice there Colin1.
When were you last in Liverpool watching " That sort of thing" happen?
Thin Ice lad, VERY thin ice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 23:16 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faux-scary threats and inaccurate karma ratings would tend to support - rather than demolish - Colin's musings on Liverpool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:16 - 29 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finglonga wrote:
colin1 wrote:

No solicitors are gonna come for me, or any men on motorbikes with swords for that matter.

Swords? They have invented things called guns now. Wink

Your extremely nieve to think it only happens in places like Liverpool. Shocked

its naive not nieve

the mention of swords was a reference to the hells angels hacking up the outlaws with swords at birmingham airport

in liverpool, people are far more likely to make threats over something someone said or looking at you the wrong way

i dont think the hells angels near me would care about me posting stuff on this forum

whereas liverpool ppl take it to heart

when i lived in liverpool, i once had a thug pounding on my door trying to get in to kill me, after i had shut a window a little too loudly for his taste when he was being drunkenly noisy in the street. He took this as a comment on his noisiness and saw it as an insult.

skudd has reinforced my ideas, and if skudd lived next door to me, i would be concerned, but he doesnt so its ok

thin ice indeed

next time i visit liverpool, i'll be careful near dark alleys in case skudd is lurking to get me back for the nasty things i said about liverpool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 29 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that song called "I wanna be a rock star" ?

Well, in a way, being a biker is a bit like being a rock star.
Everybody (Joe Public) thinks that you are some kind of cool.
Like a rock star, only without all the money, usually Rolling Eyes

"'Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat
And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
In the V.I.P. with the movie stars
Every good gold digger's gonna wind up there
Every Playboy bunny with her bleached blond hair, and we'll

Hey hey, I wanna be a rockstar
Hey hey, I wanna be a rockstar"

And amongst the biking fraternity, sometimes members of backpatch clubs are perceived like this. Everyone who thinks they're a hard nut aspires to be like them. Most people think they have all this money and these cars, bikes, houses, birds, drugs, blah blah, the whole big deal.

I'm pretty certain lots of people, Joe Public, bikers, backpatchers and otherwise, would ALL like to be rock stars.
Few of us are.

We think we'd like to be.
But would we really want to be like Britney Spears or Mick Jagger, and have all that press attention, have people gossiping about one picture of us doing something that is no different than what everybody else is doing, but because those people are who they are, the WHOLE WORLD has an opinion about it.

The whole world decides what is is that they are doing, what they are like, and how they act, speak, and think.

And then its set in stone as being truth (or legend).
Often without any grounds for proof of the reality of the story.
And I think this is what is happening in this thread: people are taking legend and trying to turn it into truth, without knowing the facts, or having proof.

I don't wanna be a big rock star, a gangster's moll, a hard nut, not even a famous madam Laughing
I quite like the anonymity of being boring old hellkat.

So can we now please return to discussing the slightly less exciting subject of time for shoplifting vs community service for more radical crimes, without name calling, allegation or implication.

Last edited by hellkat on 21:31 - 29 Mar 2008; edited 1 time in total

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 29 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=

its naive not nieve

the mention of swords was a reference to the hells angels hacking up the outlaws with swords at birmingham airport

in liverpool, people are far more likely to make threats over something someone said or looking at you the wrong way

i dont think the hells angels near me would care about me posting stuff on this forum

whereas liverpool ppl take it to heart

when i lived in liverpool, i once had a thug pounding on my door trying to get in to kill me, after i had shut a window a little too loudly for his taste when he was being drunkenly noisy in the street. He took this as a comment on his noisiness and saw it as an insult.

skudd has reinforced my ideas, and if skudd lived next door to me, i would be concerned, but he doesnt so its ok

thin ice indeed

next time i visit liverpool, i'll be careful near dark alleys in case skudd is lurking to get me back for the nasty things i said about liverpool[/quote]

I think Colin1 has confirmed what alot of people think of him. A walking victim to be. Have you ever wondered why some people are victims of abuse and violence than others? You just need to read colin1's posts.
The thin ice is referring to the tolerance level of drivel spued out by Colin1 that I can stand any more. I really don't think he knows that he is doing it and really believes what he writes. And to think he gets to vote too.
It is not the fact that He said it was Liverpool, as I know some rum buggers there too, but the bigoted narrow views of the place he has. Like most towns and cities Liverpool has it's bad spots, but it also has some of the greatest places too. If Colin1 bothered to have checked it out while he lived in the town he might have been less of a victim and have a greater respect for the home towns of others. By the way I'm not a scouser and I don't need to frequent the alleys that colin1 seems to know of a little too well for the average person who is law abiding and not seeking perverted un natural acts with sewer rats. Middle Finger

Now if he had said Nottingham, then that would have been ok. Wink

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 20:39 - 29 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin isn't disputing the fact that he is a walking victim - simply that his vulnerability to victimisation is more likely to be taken advantage of in.....ohhhhh, lets say: Liverpool!

Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 29 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So can we now please return to discussing the slightly less exciting subject of time for shoplifting vs community service for more radical crimes, without name calling, allegation or implication.

Oh, okay ... let's not, then Laughing

I've pretty much said what I have to say, both in public here, and in PM to Colin himself. I guess I'll just sit and watch you lot bicker for a while, instead.

https://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/phoenix/smileys/popcorn.gif

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 29 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then, lets say me and the better half are out for a drink and some scrote starts hitting on her and wont take no for an answer from her, so I say " Leave it out mate, she's told you no plus she's with me ", not in an agressive tone or any anomosity towards him and he starts to get physical with me so I retalate and break his nose resulting in his arse meeting the carpet.

Should I be jailed if I've exhausted all reasonable avenues first and it came to the above conclusion ?

I for one don't think I should and I wouldn't call myself a criminal as you've mentioned above for breaking said blokes nose resulting in GBH.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:21 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR-AD wrote:
OK then, lets say me and the better half are out for a drink and some scrote starts hitting on her and wont take no for an answer from her, so I say " Leave it out mate, she's told you no plus she's with me ", not in an agressive tone or any anomosity towards him and he starts to get physical with me so I retalate and break his nose resulting in his arse meeting the carpet.

Should I be jailed if I've exhausted all reasonable avenues first and it came to the above conclusion ?

I for one don't think I should and I wouldn't call myself a criminal as you've mentioned above for breaking said blokes nose resulting in GBH.

the tricky bit is knowing what really happened

in an ideal world, the person who started the trouble would get the punishment, but sometimes its hard to tell which escalation was more unreasonable

for example

many years ago, i was out on the town, and looking for a girl to dance with. I saw one who was a bit pissed and looked ok, and i went over to dance with her. I did dance with her for about 2 mins, before her bf came up and said that was his girlfriend. He had a slightly threatening look but he offered me his hand and i shook it and apologised. I hadnt known she was his gf.

Neither of us overreacted so nothing happened.

More recently, a guy i used to work with had a mate who got in a similar situation, but he didnt want to back down and his attitude was "so what, what you gonna do about it"

Now I dont know exactly what happened next, and who was exactly in the wrong, but the guy with the gf got his jaw broken and cctv got a conviction on the other guy and he had to stop in for a few months and do community service at weekends.

Some people are willing to lose face, others arent. Some people are looking for trouble, and others wont walk away if it finds them.

The local paper said the lad with the broken jaw was 16 while the other guy was 20, but then the mate of the accused said that wasnt true. I think that is a bit of an issue.

In cases where someone is clearly in the wrong, multiple witnesses, cctv etc i think something more than a slap on the wrist would be good.

In cases where its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, we cd stick with community service stuff.

If its clear one person was provoking trouble, then maybe it should never be pursued.

After I made this thread, I saw a headline that was relevant to this.

A group of chavs showing off got carried away beating up a goth in the parK. They had started on the goth bloke but had ended up killing the goth girl.

They had done this sort of thing before and just had a bit of community service, which was no deterrant to doing it again. They hadnt intended to kill someone.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/27/ngoth127.xml

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 06 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin I think you've decided that anybody that reacts in a violent manner should be punished to the max, Your overlooking all the bits in between. The scum who do/take what they like are never dealt with properly, my bike was nicked friday night and burnt out. I've been given a couple of names and the one I keep hearing over and over has been arrested for bike theft 3 times and is still walking round because they just give him joke punishments. Should I go to jail if I twat him?

unlike this guy I used to know and thought was a decent bloke until I found out he had been sent to jail for keeping a guy in a flat boiling a pan of water and pouring it over the guys crotch. then a few years later this happens and he walks free.

www.southwalesargus.co.uk/search/display.var.2173785.0.headbutt_dad_sentenced.php

He should have gone to jail no question asked.

Go and talk to a decent shop security guard and they will tell you a lot of shoplifters use violence as well and to a greater degree than a decent person loosing it.A lot of the time any abusive act is let go and not punished at all just the shoplifting.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 26 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2