NOT ANOTHER ONE........:(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:35 - 11 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:

I'm sure a no win no fee solicitor would be willing to help.

Allthough I think this sort of thing is allowed, AFAIK there's rules about what cases no win no fee solictors are allowed to take.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 00:10 - 12 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yowch, what an arsehole Sad

You're still totally in the right and you should end up getting all the damage repaired on his insurance, but because you've not given your thieving scu... ahem... insurance company the extra dosh for legal cover it means you're going to have to hire a solicitor to pursue the claim yourself.

Make sure you get an incident number from the fuzz then go looking for a solicitor, like G said there's more than enough ads in the back of MCN. He'll usually handle it for you for a percentage of the win (not sure how it stands but you might be able to get Mr Cunthole's insurance to pay for all the legal fees including the brief's share).

Whatever you do don't pick a fight with the bloke or vandalise his property (well before the claim is settled anyway), it'll just make you look bad if it goes to court.

Best case, you get your bike repaired on his insurance and your legal fees paid off too. Worst case, you may not get anything from his insurance, but you can still sue him for damage to property in the small claims court. Absolute worst case, you get nothing and he gets his van torched by an 'evil biker gang' Twisted Evil

Pay a visit to the CAB to get some free legal advice, this kind of thing happens a lot so they must have a pretty good idea of what your options are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 01:44 - 12 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man

there are enough arseholes about arent there

sorry to hear about it man, hasnt been a good week this week has it :cry:

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 15:02 - 12 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris, sorry to hear about that mate, but if it was me I would send off that £5 to DVLA then pay a visit to the guy with a couple of mates and a baseball bat, see if you can get him to pay for the damage or else you'll get him done for leaving the scene and damaging your bike.....

If he's got any sense he'll pay up, cos it'll cost him either way, if he does it cash directly to you he doesn't have to go through solictors or anything.

If the car normally parks near you but hasn't been recently.....what if.... and sorry to piss on your chips here...... it's been nicked and they just wanted to get away quick so didn't look where your bike was..... Rolling Eyes

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 18:26 - 12 Jun 2002    Post subject: ..... Reply with quote

damn!!!!!

well atleast with his number you can find out where he lives and remodul his face Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 13 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i was u i would find that twat and bust him up!

hope everytings ok and ur geting it sorted

Last edited by TJ NSR on 14:43 - 16 Jun 2002; edited 1 time in total

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 16 Jun 2002    Post subject: update..... Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Well, it's not looking very promising.

On Wednesday night after work I waited around outside my flats for the bastard to come back from wherever he goes all day. About to give up at 7.30 when at last he came around the corner and he gave me the most guilty look EVER. Thought to myself "gotcha you cunt". Waited patiently for him to park up (sneaky bugger has now resorted to parking round the corner out of sight) and I walked up to the car. As he was just about to get out I tapped on the drivers window. I let him get out and asked politely if he had reported the accident to the Old Bill. What a suprise.....he's a johnny foreigner. He seemed to know exactly what I was talkin about and said no. I said "you know you've hit my bike" and he nodded. At this point it was going well....

....then his ugly fat wife squeezes her fat arse out of the car and starts going off into one at him in Portugese. He immediately clams up and denies everything....says the bike just fell over. This was starting to wind me up bigtime, especially as his fuckin wife-beast is beginning to mouth me off. So i go right up to his face and shout (in a FUCK-OFF manner) "go into your flat, go and get your insurance details and bring them out to me...you've got five minutes or I'll have to come up and get them."

He comes out and brings me his insurance companies name and phone no.

Trouble is, now 'Carlos' has denied everything its up to me to fuckin prove it isnt it? Plus I'm even more pissed off cos I've assessed the bike properly, and the rear subframe is twisted with a crack in it, plus the footpeg hanger on the left is fucked.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I fuckin promise you that if this thing ends up me paying for it all.....Carlos is getting a bat round the head. No fuckin shit.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:38 - 16 Jun 2002    Post subject: Re: update..... Reply with quote

Go and have a look at his car and see if there's any obvious scratches dents etc.

If there is, get a camera and take pictures of them (making sure you get one showing the nubmer plate as well). If you're lucky there might even be traces of your paint on his car, though I'm ot sure how you'd go about proving this with out help from a police forensics team.

uglykidjoe
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 16 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit man, i think you should go round his house with a baseball bat anyway, gun his fat fuck of a wife down and then piss all over their bodies Smile . you could try one of these claims companys with no win no fee etc, or just do the same damage to his car of what he did to your bike.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:59 - 16 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris looks like you gonna have to do what G sez, take some pics. If there's dents and stuff then you should be sorted. If not, on that particular day you didn't park your bike properly coz you were with a mate weren't you who happened to look out the window at that exact same moment to see your bike being smashed into.

If all else fails take a coupla mates round and threaten him. And that bitch of a wife of his needs raping by a horse.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:54 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Get the photos, and speak to his insurance company. Also ask around your neighbours to find if any of them saw anything (one reason it pays to have a quiet exhaust, and keep on your neighbours good sides). Get a witness and he is probably not got a hope.

If his insurance company do not want to play ball then go to the small claims court. This costs something like £35, and has a maximun claim of something likel £5000, and solicitors costs cannot be claimed. They should be able to help you to sue the guy to claim the money back (sue HIM, not his insurance company).

Years ago a friends car was damaged, just as he (with about 4 of us walking with him) were walking away from it. The guy would not inform his insurance company and was really obstructive. The car was a bit of an old knacker, and Tim would have accepted £30 for a 2nd hand panel. In the end he sued the guy in the small claims court and received enough to cover all the new parts and respray work from a professional bodywork repair place.

Don't get too threatening with the other guy. All you will do is get yourself into trouble, and help him to get away with it

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2