Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Predict a headline.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 19 Apr 2008    Post subject: Predict a headline. Reply with quote

What a crazy world we live in. We've seen 9/11 with its WTC7 joke, the Pentagons Houdini airliner, the 7/7 attack/setup(???) and the De Menezes murder.

So what next? I'll start....

I'm waiting for an oil terminal or refinery to be 'attacked'. A perfect opportunity for the government to place even higher taxes on fuel, all in the name of 'the fight against terrorism' Wink

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 19 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You win!

A scottish fuel refinery is to go on 'strike' for 3 days in about 7 days time, due to safety concerns ,

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7353643.stm

hidden away in the regional sections of the BBC and completely unpublicised by TV media.

My predictions - large and dangerous terrorist element Jacqie smith demands an extention to the 30 days detention to 43 days, (which she has been doing every 2 months since forever).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 19 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy sh1t! I was just thinking about how they are going to raise fule tax. Nice find.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:14 - 19 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermm, aren't they closing the refinery down because the union are threatening to strike? Large-scale machinery like that is usually pretty dangerous to run without the hundreds of workers normally attending it......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 22 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's going to be another 'terrorist' attack soon to keep people on their toes.

There were 3 controlled explosions on unidentified materials and 30 people were evacuated from their homes overnight by a civil contingencies plan, I've noticed only the BBC has said anything about civil contingencies.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7353903.stm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/21/nsuspects121.xml

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3770546.ece

https://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/19/europe/EU-GEN-Britain-Terror-Arrest.php
Quote:
About 30 people were evacuated from their homes when a bomb disposal team exploded a first suspect package on a quiet residential street in the early hours of Friday.

Police say the 19-year-old was arrested on Thursday afternoon on terrorism charges. They have not released further details.

Arrested on thursday afternoon then they waited until the early hours of friday to do some controlled explosions. We're not allowed loud exhausts but they can go about letting bombs off at 2am, give those f**kers an asbo.

I wonder if he's actually guilty of anything or is it too late and the trial by media has done its job.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 22 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, oil has spiked at $117/barrel. Just a few weeks ago they were harping on about oil breaking the $100/barrel mark. I'm sure one or two of you thought "that's it, the $100/barrel threshold has been breached, it's all downhill from here".

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:16 - 22 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
In addition, oil has spiked at $117/barrel. Just a few weeks ago they were harping on about oil breaking the $100/barrel mark. I'm sure one or two of you thought "that's it, the $100/barrel threshold has been breached, it's all downhill from here".

Up, up, up
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 07:35 - 22 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but you also have to factor in that the dollar isn't as strong as it used to be, so in essence the price of oil for us is artificially high.

What's happened is that petrol is over £1.00 a litre, once they are over that psychological barrier it's up, up, up.

I remember when it was below a pound, the fuel stations would be edgy about putting it up a penny. But at some forecorts they will happily add 3p to the price of petrol in one day.

Problem is you never see it drop 3p in one day.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1