Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Don't annoy the boss!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Don't annoy the boss! Reply with quote

I predicted this years ago , its why I often advise people NOT to sue their bosses chalk it up to experience and to move on , it looks as if I have been vindicated from sue them for as much as you can brigade.

Quote:

Workers accused of theft or damage could soon find themselves blacklisted on a register to be shared among employers. It will be good for profits but campaigners say innocent people could find it impossible to get another job.

SNIP

But this is no dystopian fantasy. Later this month, the National Staff Dismissal Register (NSDR) is expected to go live. Individuals would be treated as criminals, even though the police have never been contacted

SNIP

By the end of May they will be able to check whether candidates for jobs have faced allegations of stealing, forgery, fraud, damaging company property or causing a loss to their employers and suppliers.

SNIP

Workers sacked for these offences will be included on the register, regardless of whether police had enough evidence to convict them. Also on the list will be employees who resigned before they could face disciplinary proceedings at work.

from

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7389547.stm

Cor I mean even the totalitarianists in the PRC don't do this.......

Words , barrel , over and workers seem to come to mind... Rolling Eyes

Blimey thinking back, only a couple of years I was accused of a theft , I was completely innocent of this but sacked none the less, in such a situation I would have been black listed from the job market for the greed of my employer who I suspect was the real thief (CCTV exhonerated me btw) , I never bothered to take revenge though it crosses my mind sometimes.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny i was just about to post this up as well.

Be interesting to see how many employers actually use this, i for one would not be bothered to not being able to get a particular job with a company that uses it, as in a way they are banding together with other companies that use them regardless of the fact how open to abuse it actually is. Kinda shows their whole attitude.

No one is whiter than white, so some of the usual comments about if you have nothing to hide blah blah blah is just crap. Someone should start a register regarding employers showing accusations of bullying, harrassment, unfair dismissals, poor work ethics and conditions etc against them.

One of the comments was interesting, saying you can ask to be removed from the database via the Data protection Act.

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:51 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Given that it will give a nice paper trail, there should be some employers getting into serious trouble for defamation of character.

All the best

Keith

samharcus
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:03 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone say [/i]dysotopia[/i]?

This is another reason why I want to get the hell out of this country. I've done nothing wrong, but I don't appreciate the system being there nevertheless
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps there should also be a registar of companies that have been sued or prosecuted for flouting HSE regulations. That way the employee can make an informed choice as to whether he wants to work for somebody. My employer failed to inform the hse of the severity of my accident, saying I had just suffered an injury when they knew full well I had suffered an eye injury and couldn't see. They only reason I can see for under reporting it was to try to cover up their own wrong doings.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1