Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Man arrested and put in DNA database because of apple

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Man arrested and put in DNA database because of apple Reply with quote

Following on from this thread on BCF, where a woman was apprehended by 'rude' council brown-shirts demanding money with menace after she dropped crumbs; we have a new case for the BCF massive.

As reported here
and here
a gentleman has been arrested, detained for 18 hours, and placed on the DNA database because a 'community support officer' believed he had dropped an apple core. When the gentleman argued his case, denying any wrongdoing the police were called and he was dragged off.

Thumbs Down

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Haven't clicked the links*

There was a case reported in the papers a few weeks ago about a teenager who was arrested for something and DNA sampled, he was later found to be completely innocent, so he's now arguing the case of the DNA sample saying as he's innocent it should be taken off the records...Which I think is fair...

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This case was so outrageous even the news presenters were critical, and that's unheard of. Shocked

The stench from the nazi toilet this country has become grows ever more malodorous.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its disgusting, absolutely disgusting, I really am just waiting for a copper to try and stop me for something now.

I am going to start taking photo's of policemen (and women) as there are always plenty going past my house, I am going to do it because legally I can and anything I can do to wind them up will make me smile.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do some more worth while jobs like catch criminals? why are people being thrown in jail over apple cores and rapist and murderes be allowed to roam the streets Shocked they may only be the council but I think they should switch to murder investigations and show some skills there.

dosnt dna testing cost a lot of money? and this is what its spent on, apple cores Confused

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Oh Oh...I'd forgotten about this as it was a fortnight ago...

I'm at work, my Mom's nipped round mine to walk the dogs, notices the bin is upside down and immediatley thinks " Bike ", she straightens the bin up and goes to walk into the house, from behind her she hears " Excuse me " and turns around to see two coppers.

They explain that there have been reports of a few kids over the back being shot with an air rifle and it's coming from one of the four house here, mine included, they ask who lives here and how old I am and if I've got a rifle, she explains that I haven't and they ask if they can search the bedroom to which she says no as it's not her house and that there are chub locks on the bedroom doors, to which they ask why and she explains because of expensive items and that it's none of their business anyway.

They again ask if they can search the rooms!!! She explains to them again and says hold on I'll phone him at work...

Call goes like this...After she'd told me what's gone on...

" Hello is this Adam "

" No this is Mr Round "

" Errm, we're calling to ask if we can search your bedrooms for an air rifle "

" Have you got a warrent ? "

" Errrm No "

" Well that's a No then, put the lady back on "

" Mom ?..Yeah, Hello, tell them to piss off and make sure they leave, see you later "

I fully expected them to be there when I finished work with one but as it turns out the next door neighbour admitted to having one to shoot doves with !!!

Cocks...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:08 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So instead of dropping an apple core, which is biodegradable, he should have carried it home to put in a plastic bin bag, to be put in a diesel fuelled lorry, to be driven to be put in the ground somewhere else? I can completely see the logic in that one. Rolling Eyes

In the slagging off estate agents thread we had someone own up to be an estate agent, so come on, have we got an PCSO's on here?

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 14:13 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrested on the hearsay of effectively a member of the public (as PCSO have no powers). Very bad news, very disgusting. To repeat what I said in this thread
MAP wrote:
FWIW PCSO don't get any respect from me.
They're just the tea boys and girls running around doing all the menial chores because there aren't enough 'real' police and the budget doesn't stretch and the politicians,etc, etc, etc.

They also aren't trained to the same standard of the police and IMO if they insist on being called POLICE CPO must be held accountable to a higher standard. Otherwise drop the POLICE and call them community dogsbodies.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
Arrested on the hearsay of effectively a member of the public (as PCSO have no powers). Very bad news, very disgusting. To repeat what I said in this thread
MAP wrote:
FWIW PCSO don't get any respect from me.
They're just the tea boys and girls running around doing all the menial chores because there aren't enough 'real' police and the budget doesn't stretch and the politicians,etc, etc, etc.

They also aren't trained to the same standard of the police and IMO if they insist on being called POLICE CPO must be held accountable to a higher standard. Otherwise drop the POLICE and call them community dogsbodies.

Thumbs Up

"They're just the tea boys and girls running around doing all the menial chores because there aren't enough 'real' police and the budget doesn't stretch"

True, true. Also (in Essex anyway) the PCSOs get about 18k, a PC gets 23k yeah theres a little saving there but in terms of actually getting something done 3 fully fledged PCs are going to be much more use than 4 PCSOs.
Previous: '99 Honda CBR 600FX, 03 ZX636 B1H, 99 Fazer 600 (red), 02 GSX-R 600 K2, 00 SV650s (red), 2008 ZX10R, 97 Bandit 1200N, 04 ZX6RR K1H, 04 GSX-R 1000, 98 Fazer 600 (gold), 05 Madness 110 Pit bike, 04 CR125R, 00 SV650s (black), 06 KTM 625 SMC, 99 SRAD 600 track bike, 03 SV650, 98 Bandit 1200N, Bandit 600SY, 03 GSX-R 600 K3, 01 GSX-R 600, 01 Fazer 600 (black), VFR 400 NC30 x3, 78 Honda Dream, 00 Speedfight 50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 19:37 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keir_K3 wrote:

"They're just the tea boys and girls running around doing all the menial chores because there aren't enough 'real' police and the budget doesn't stretch"

True, true. Also (in Essex anyway) the PCSOs get about 18k, a PC gets 23k yeah theres a little saving there but in terms of actually getting something done 3 fully fledged PCs are going to be much more use than 4 PCSOs.

You have to factor in training costs/pensions/Healthcare plans etc.

PCSO training is what, 6 weeks? PC training is over 6 months, with another 18 months probation after that. The costs in delivering the 29 week training course could probably put a full trained PCSO on the street for over a year, making them much cheaper, especially if you're only interested in any uniformed presence in the short term.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

But none of it affects any of you, so why worry about it? Rolling Eyes

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:41 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
But none of it affects any of you, so why worry about it? Rolling Eyes

I earnestly hope that the next 'fascist' law brought in will involve the painful death of those using rolling-eye smilies to hammer home their repetitive and faux-world-weary points.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 22:15 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really are just uniformed grasses.

That IS it.

Tossers.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
PCSO training is what, 6 weeks? PC training is over 6 months, with another 18 months probation after that. The costs in delivering the 29 week training course could probably put a full trained PCSO on the street for over a year, making them much cheaper, especially if you're only interested in any uniformed presence in the short term.

They're doing a mighty fine job, let's applaud them for not being generally useless and throwing their weight about. Clapping

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
So instead of dropping an apple core, which is biodegradable, he should have carried it home to put in a plastic bin bag, to be put in a diesel fuelled lorry, to be driven to be put in the ground somewhere else? I can completely see the logic in that one. Rolling Eyes

The problem is that it doesn't have the time to biodegrade, as the pigeons etc attack it first. Or somebody steps on it, possibly causing them to slip, but at best, making a nice mess on the sole of the shoes which is then carried inside the house. The idea of carrying somebody else's half eaten food into my house where I walk around in bare feet is enough to make me Sick .

People who spit out their chewing gum should be shot, or put in stocks for everybody else to stick their gum on.

I'm surprised the police bothered to turn up; here in London they hate these pretend coppers. A colleague told a plastic bobby to fuck off once, after having been asked for his ID; the plastic bobby then called the real ones as reinforcements, who upon hearing he'd told him to fuck off said it sounded like a fair comment to make.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:56 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
So instead of dropping an apple core, which is biodegradable, he should have carried it home to put in a plastic bin bag, to be put in a diesel fuelled lorry, to be driven to be put in the ground somewhere else? I can completely see the logic in that one.

You're missing the point; there was no apple core.

The police took the word of some power hungry uniform over the very people they are supposed to be working for...

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 10:36 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Ste wrote:
So instead of dropping an apple core, which is biodegradable, he should have carried it home to put in a plastic bin bag, to be put in a diesel fuelled lorry, to be driven to be put in the ground somewhere else? I can completely see the logic in that one.

You're missing the point; there was no apple core.

The police took the word of some power hungry uniform over the very people they are supposed to be working for...

According to the report they also allege that an apple core was thrown and nearly hit somebody.
Yet this isn't reflected in the charge, just shear mud slinging and totally out of order.

It would appear that on the word of a CPSO you're guilty unless you can prove you're innocent!

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think no laws have been passed stating this. Unless you possibly count the recent terrorist legislation! Shocked Thinking Maybe that's it, obviously a terrorist practising throwing a bomb of some sort that's being disguised as an apple so must guilty Brick Wall
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
Maybe that's it, obviously a terrorist practising throwing a bomb of some sort that's being disguised as an apple so must guilty Brick Wall

Did you know that in the US all crime is classed as 'terrorism'?

Question

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just a shame that trial by combat isn't allowed anymore

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/807031/posts

(2002 man challenges DVLA to trial by combat and loses his right to trial by combat)
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:

well by that logic ..... cardboard cut outs of cops

al la

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7322266.stm

are EVEN more cost effective.... and if I had time to look into the detail , cardboard cut outs of cops would probably have more powers than PCSOs too.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Fortuna
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all missing the point.
It's about respect for authority. If you litter and a copper (or PCSO) asks you to pick up your rubbish you should.
People wonder why so many youths are the way they are today, yet if there is no respect it will never improve.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 20:58 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point that you have missed is that respect is earned, and The Authorities can only be respected when their actions are worthy of such.

It could be that this man did drop an apple core - if he did, he's a littering twat and deserves some kind of penalty.

That said - and accepting that the articles are written in a pretty biased style - 5 police officers to ARREST someone who has ALLEGEDLY disposed of a piece of fruit in an inappropriate fashion is overkill by any measure - and a criminal waste of resources by mine.

Slightly off on a tangent; while I realise they've probably had 'professional witness' training to make their word more credible, surely if you contest a alleged offense like this, a PCSO would have to do a little better than just writing you a ticket to prove the offense?

If I'm honest, I have much less disdain for PCSO's than I do for council officers of just about any ilk, who are utter (and utterly unaccountable) vermin.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortuna wrote:
You're all missing the point.
It's about respect for authority. If you litter and a copper (or PCSO) asks you to pick up your rubbish you should.
People wonder why so many youths are the way they are today, yet if there is no respect it will never improve.

THE BLOKE SAID THERE WAS NO APPLE!

Why do you automatically believe the PCSO (uniformed grass)?

Seems you have missed the point, did you bother to read the article?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

RESPECT ME YOU SLAVES, FOR I HAVE A FLOURESCENT BIB AND I AM THE LAW!!!!! I CAN LIE ALL I WANT AND GET YOU CARTED AWAY JUST ON MY WORD ALONE, YOU ARE MERELY HUMAN 'CIVILIANS' TO BE TREATED LIKE THE CATTLE YOU ARE. RESPECT ME AND LICK MY BOOTS CLEAN YOU USELESS, GUTLESS SCUM!!! DON'T LIKE IT? WAIT 'TIL WE GET OUR TAZERS!!!! HAHAHAHA
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 352 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1