Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Don't call me white.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (5 May 2008 - 23:42)
View previous topic : View next topic  

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 11 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Latin people are the sexiest. Thumbs Up

Shifty
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

YUN
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:53 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
And some are better looking than others.

Look at Yun Wink

aww...bless you *mwah*

As guessed..I am chinese but I am sooooo far from the typical chinese lass that people usually stereotype with:
Arrow I'm so fair.....'whiter' in colour than all the 'white' peeps I know
Arrow i'm NOT skinny, and have an arse bigger than a small country. J-Lo reckons she's got a big arse....1 of my buttcheeks is equal to her whole rear! Plus I'm TALL for a chinese lass (5.4" is ogre height)
Arrow I have a very strong Essex accent - peeps at work dub me 'Bianca' from Eastenders
Arrow I hate chinese food
Arrow I can barely speak my 'mother tongue'
Arrow I hate 'fresh off the boat' chinese people (racism to the core)oops
Arrow I'm shit at maths
Arrow I'm shit with computers and technology
As mentioned in a similar thread....the worst and most annoying question I get when I meet new peeps is: "where you from?".....usually greeted back with "Essex" which leave them with a confused look. You'd think they'd leave the subject alone, seeing as I've started to get irritated by the question...but NO...they pursue it further and ask: "NO....where are you REALLY from?"......fooking England you ar$£. Does it really matter where i'm from...I speak the same language as you so whats the biggy?!

random:
I've actually been called a 'paki' once Confused by some 'chav' - what a thick sh1t. At least..if you are going to be racist ....get it right you n0b!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Re: Don't call me white. Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Its not about not acknowledging that you are english - its about recording your ethnicity. Plus, if you are to take it to extremes the native english people were actually celts, and the saxons came from France. So technically you are white european in the continental sense as well as the general sense.

Although if you want to be really pedantic we're all of African descent anyway Razz

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
You have to admit though that some breeds of humans are uglier than others.

That all depends though.

A little while ago I started going out with a mixed race girl, half Scottish half Kenyan, but before that I was seeing a typical chesty blonde.

Now people who have seen them both all call me mad, but to me they are both beautiful.

(Sorry for the DP btw)

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 12 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:
Skudd wrote:
You have to admit though that some breeds of humans are uglier than others.

That all depends though.

A little while ago I started going out with a mixed race girl, half Scottish half Kenyan, but before that I was seeing a typical chesty blonde.

Now people who have seen them both all call me mad, but to me they are both beautiful.

(Sorry for the DP btw)

But there are still uglier breeds of people than others.

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:36 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean actually, but I'm saying that whether the breed of person is uglier is down to personal preference rather than a set thing.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 07:46 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_guvnor_1_uk wrote:

Probably one of the dumbest comments i have ever seen on this forum, don't think you can really earn respect for your views when you have views like that.

Yeah to your eye some "breeds" as you so eloquently put it are uglier then others, however your genetic make up is inevitably trained to look for the most compatible partner for bringing up your kids.

I'm not a fan of black women myself, but then i'm not fond of gingers either.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
the_guvnor_1_uk wrote:

Probably one of the dumbest comments i have ever seen on this forum, don't think you can really earn respect for your views when you have views like that.

Yeah to your eye some "breeds" as you so eloquently put it are uglier then others, however your genetic make up is inevitably trained to look for the most compatible partner for bringing up your kids.

I'm not a fan of black women myself, but then i'm not fond of gingers either.

Considering it wasn't me that first said it, you have some fucking cheek.

It doesn't matter who its perceived to, some people are uglier than others, some areas have a lot more ugly people than others, thats what I meant if you want to take it as prejudice thats your look out, not my problem.

Now go and slag off the person who ORIGINALLY made the comment instead of being an Andy hater you pathetic cunt.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 00:47 - 14 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didge wrote:
The whole thing is a complete farce anyway, just to pander to the cultural Marxism (PC) brigade, so that companies can show how 'diverse' they are.
Jobs should go to the best applicant for said job, not to someone purely on ethnic grounds just to make up token numbers, so that the feeble minded, brain washed managers of these spineless companies can pat each other on the backs.

Which in an ideal world is what should happen.

Part of the reason for monitoring ethnic origin of applicants is to ensure that not only is there not any discrimination going on within the company but also to look for inequalities.
For example - "why are there only asian women applying for this job?" how can it be made more appealing to other applicants? Why is this job only being applied for by people under 20, even though it's asking for 3 years experience?" etc.

AND, but your statement, a workforce in a large organisation should be a reasonably accurate reflection of the diversity of the local area (if a hospital in the middle of Bradford had a 90% white english workforce you'd know something had gone wrong in the recruitment process).

However, as Lozzy has said, there is always the "I do not wish to declare" box to tick - that's a favourite of mine Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 14 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:

Part of the reason for monitoring ethnic origin of applicants is to ensure that not only is there not any discrimination going on within the company but also to look for inequalities.
For example - "why are there only asian women applying for this job?" how can it be made more appealing to other applicants? Why is this job only being applied for by people under 20, even though it's asking for 3 years experience?" etc.

In an ideal world that is is what should happen.

But the sad truth is that is not what happens, firms (especially the big ones) have to employ certain people for equality, thats is what the form is really for, certain ethnic groups or disabled people are looked upon first for a job, not who is best for the job. Its a load of rubbish, firms are told to discriminate against the able bodied white british person. Ok it may not come in those words but they have to employ people of different origins for equality.

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 14 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marxism, Political correctness?

Excuse me?

Marxists might beleive in equality but not nearly to the ridiculous point things have got to now.

Beleive me, your talking to one, and I hate the shit in the OP.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 14 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:

Excuse me?

Marxists might beleive in equality but not nearly to the ridiculous point things have got to now.

Well that makes it all better.

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 14 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

All what Guv? Neutral

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 21:29 - 14 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Didge wrote:
The whole thing is a complete farce anyway, just to pander to the cultural Marxism (PC) brigade, so that companies can show how 'diverse' they are.
Jobs should go to the best applicant for said job, not to someone purely on ethnic grounds just to make up token numbers, so that the feeble minded, brain washed managers of these spineless companies can pat each other on the backs.

AND, but your statement, a workforce in a large organisation should be a reasonably accurate reflection of the diversity of the local area (if a hospital in the middle of Bradford had a 90% white english workforce you'd know something had gone wrong in the recruitment process).

However, as Lozzy has said, there is always the "I do not wish to declare" box to tick - that's a favourite of mine Wink

I dont agree with positive discrimination or a workforce being built to represent the surrounding people.

There is an assumption that if some minorities arent getting jobs even when they apply, that there is predjudice and that this is wrong.

I used to be your typical PC anti-racist, but from working in recruitment, I have found that some racial groups do fit some negative stereo types.

If some sections of the population arent getting jobs, it may be that the cultural attitudes in those groups of people are not desirable in the workplace, or that they dont have the knowledge or skills.

The problem with not putting the best person for the job in a role, and selecting to meet a racial quota, is that you get a worse person doing the job, and you undermine anyone of a minority race who got their job by merit, as it will be assumed that all got their job that way. Incompetents of a certain race being employed will then also reinforce negative stereotypes.

If people want to try life skill coaching certain groups of people or giving them better educational opportunities, Id still think that was unfair, but less unfair.

If in Bradford, the only qualified people to do particular jobs were white, it would be wrong to employ non-white people just to get colours to look right.

I think deliberate attempts at making employment decisions on the basis of race should be made illegal. So no quotas. Best person for the job, not we need to make our numbers up.

Mister James is facing just this sort of thing when trying to become a policeman, and I know he isnt the only one.

Forcing positive discrimination on policemen is going to make them more racist, not less racist.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:48 - 14 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add another example - I've recently joined the UKBA, which is part of the civil service. We had the usual induction crap detailing all the support organisations within the service; there were such for the disabled, for lesbians/gays/transgenders, for ethnic minorities and for women. The trainer then said - with a laugh - "I'm afraid there's no organisation for men'.

I can join all of the others as a guest, but can never be a full member. Personally, I've never felt the need for that kind of support, but I can't help but wonder at the outcry if Asian women were the ones who found themselves the odd ones out, or disabled lesbians?

Prejudicial and discriminatory behaviour are wrong, I'm fully on board with that - I just marvel at the bare-faced hypocrisy of a system that will parrot that, and then discriminate against large swathes of the population because it deems it can get away with it thanks to popular opinion. It is no different to 20 years ago, when it was socially acceptable to treat coloured people like shit for no other reason than their slightly duskier skin tone. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now.

It's made harder to stomach by the fact that - where civil rights campaigners were lauded for standing up for black/asian rights - present day victims of 'PC' have no recourse, because any criticism of the current system is immediately labelled as racism and prejudice.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 00:21 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:

Excuse me?

Anybody else who knows anything about Marxism and the true concepts of it thinking right now "WTF?"
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 08:33 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

I dont agree with positive discrimination or a workforce being built to represent the surrounding people.

Neither do I, but there has to be some mechanism to ensure that groups of people aren't discriminated against - and that includes white men.

One thing that is true is the level of inequality within a lot of workforces. I look around my workplace and the majority of people are either white or female asian from 'nice' middle class families. Does that 'feel' right in a city that has a large black, asian and polish population?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:40 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:

Excuse me?

It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms.

Read here:-
https://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html

or better still, watch this:-
https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8630135369495797236

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:45 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
colin1 wrote:

Neither do I, but there has to be some mechanism to ensure that groups of people aren't discriminated against - and that includes white men.

One thing that is true is the level of inequality within a lot of workforces. I look around my workplace and the majority of people are either white or female asian from 'nice' middle class families. Does that 'feel' right in a city that has a large black, asian and polish population?

It may simply be that nice middle class white homes produce people who do well in school and do well at work.

Different cultural backgrounds produce different types of people with types of behaviour that are suited to their circumstances.

Aggressive rude behaviour is a sign of being well-adjusted in some communities (strong not weak), but will be looked down on in others (selfish not selfless).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4