Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Let Battle Commence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Let Battle Commence Reply with quote

Let Battle Commence

An open letter to all who care about riding their bike

The recent cancellation of the Welsh National Motorcycle Show by the committee of the Royal Welsh Agricultural Showground due to representations made by Dyfed Powys Police has not only saddened me, but has made me angry. Angry that my very way of life is facing it’s most dangerous threat ever, a threat that could end biking in this country for good. I cannot stand idly by and let this happen.

Dyfed Powys Police made representations to the committee regarding the ‘potential’ threat of violence at the show and that they could not guarantee public safety courtesy of the ongoing feud between certain Motorcycle Clubs. The organisers of the Welsh National Motorcycle Show were not invited to this meeting to refute Police Claims. They found out after the decision had been made with no chance to appeal the decision.

Both Dyfed Powys Police and the Royal Welsh Agricultural Showground committee know that the Welsh National Motorcycle Show is one of the most peaceful, well attended events in Wales. Many Bikers take their children to the event knowing their children will be in a safe environment. This is due to the reputation that the organisers of the show have worked extremely hard to maintain over the last 18 years, yet Dyfed Powys Police totally disregarded this in favour of indulging in what has now been seen in many quarters as a concerted Police campaign to close down every single bike related event in the UK.

THIS MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN!

This is a violation of our civil liberties and our way of life faces its darkest hour. If we lose this fight, we lose everything. Our events, our meeting places, our clubs that we have enjoyed being members of since Biking began. Whether you a dyed in the wool Rally Biker like myself, or you just enjoy riding your bike on sunny Sundays to one of the many peaceful meeting places around the land. This affects YOU! It affects every last one of us and if we do not make a stand now, then we are lost, consigned to history as a group who did nothing when we were trampled underfoot.

I call upon M.A.G, the B.M.F, the N.A.B.D and every single bike club in the land to unite and stop this madness, to stand up as one and defend our way of life. Write to your MP, write to the Home Office, write to anyone you think will listen and make the Powers That Be aware that we will stand tall and fight. We have succeeded before when threatened with stupid safety measures that were designed to maim and kill, we can succeed again. But we need to start NOW.

Once more unto the breach my friends...........

Jim Graves a.k.a Grav
Biker.

snigger..... Very Happy

Biker Biker
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What!??? Outrageous!!!!

Total discrimination… this type of thing really aggravates me and thank goodness the Met have such a good relationship with biking groups in London. What is this guys problem??? I may be naive to such ‘gangland’ ways of motor biking but as far as I am concerned there was one incident of that Hells Angel guy that appeared to be a ‘hit’ and the police have not even proved that it was a rival group that took him out. I can honestly say that every biker that I have ever come across has been really nice…. Even the Kwaker owner guy that I dropped my bike on by accident was cool about it. Grr my blood boils

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent this open letter to

MAG
BMF
NABD
100% Biker
BSH
MCN

and posted it on

100% Biker forum
Bikersweb Forum
Bikerfestyle Forum
Bike Chat Forums

Please feel free to copy and paste it on all forums you are a member of that I have not already mentioned.

Spread the word far and wide I have posted a bulletin on Myspace and have also posted a blog on there.

https://www.myspace.com/dark_lord_of_custard

We cannot afford to lose this one.

snigger..... Very Happy

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grav wrote:
I have sent this open letter to

MAG
BMF
NABD
100% Biker
BSH
MCN

and posted it on

100% Biker forum
Bikersweb Forum
Bikerfestyle Forum
Bike Chat Forums

Please feel free to copy and paste it on all forums you are a member of that I have not already mentioned.

Spread the word far and wide I have posted a bulletin on Myspace and have also posted a blog on there.

https://www.myspace.com/dark_lord_of_custard

We cannot afford to lose this one.

Pasted it to Biker Babe forum. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NexusDragon
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:09 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article from BBC News website:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/7400748.stm

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another article from BBC news.

Bike show axing 'discrimination'

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/7402350.stm

snigger..... Very Happy

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grav wrote:
Another article from BBC news.

Bike show axing 'discrimination'

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/7402350.stm

Good to see, pity it's tucked away in the Welsh section and isn't instantly visible from the main UK page though.

Good start though, needs building on while it's fresh...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Biker Biker
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted on TheLondonBikers.com

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. The more people that read this letter and the articles posted above, the better. We need to make a stand or the powers that be will just walk all over us.

snigger..... Very Happy

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted on Pistonheads.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:15 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted on Superbike Magazine forum.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 10:15 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this BBC report about the organiser maybe planning legal action against the ban.

Appears police worried about a clash between 'Hells Angels' and 'Outlaws' motorcycle gangs Shocked

Yet from what I understand the Welsh show is traditionally a family affair with no history of violence.

To show the contradiction the Bulldog Bash show has been given the go-ahead yet that leaving that show last year a member of the Hells Angels was shot and killed.

I ride a motorcycle. The Dyfed Powys Police have said that people who ride motorcycles are violent. Personally I resent this defamation to my character. It affects how others view me. Group legal action anyone?
this legal site wrote:
defamation

A false statement that injures someone's reputation and exposes him to public contempt, hatred, ridicule, or condemnation....

Wonder if the NEC show in November will be cancelled then. They'll be a lot of bikers there, from what I remember mostly in cars and with their kids.

Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

damz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudskipper wrote:

theres a biker babe forum? Shocked

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damz wrote:
Mudskipper wrote:

theres a biker babe forum? Shocked

Yep, but you have to wipe your shoes, blow your nose in a hanky and not use bad language. Not for the bad ass brigade.

LuckyDip23
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:01 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows about an online petition objecting to draconian police measures against biking events based on no evedence...
They might even take notice if enough sigs get put on it.

Geoff.Campbell
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:21 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

404_NotFound wrote:
Hows about an online petition objecting to draconian police measures against biking events based on no evedence...
They might even take notice if enough sigs get put on it.

Nah. I've signed a few of those on the Number 10 web site, and every single one has been answered with a content-free set of platitudes and party lines. There's absolutely no point.

Remember the anti-war march, where something between one and two million people hit the streets of London? Absolutely no change of policy as a result.

I say we ride to London and trash Downing Street instead Smile

(OK, only joking. Honest.)

Geoff.Campbell
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:23 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff.Campbell wrote:

(OK, only joking. Honest.)

By the way, what's all this "L plate warrior" shite? I've been riding for 30 years, had a licence for 25. OK, I know it relates to time on these forums, but it's a piss-poor form of words.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff.Campbell wrote:
By the way, what's all this "L plate warrior" shite? I've been riding for 30 years, had a licence for 25. OK, I know it relates to time on these forums, but it's a piss-poor form of words.

Well if you don't like it...

https://wvs.topleftpixel.com/photos/blue_old_wooden_door.jpg

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 20:54 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think for one minuite that this is an isolated incident. This is a list of all the shows that I have been able to find that have be cancelled for no justifiable reason:

Ink & Iron 2008 12-13 April (Cancelled)

Welsh Motorcycle Show 23 - 26 May (Cancelled)

past it mcc 13th birthday party 31st May 2008 (Cancelled)

Stourbridge MCC’s Midsummer Bash 21st June (Cancelled)

Rock and blues 24th - 27th July 2008 (Cancelled) https://www.rockandblues.uk.com/

Stourbridge MCC’s Woizel Rally 8th 9th 10th August (Cancelled)

Past It MCC's 10th Zimmer Frame Rally 22nd - 24th August 2008 (Cancelled)

Patriot Games Rock Festival 22nd - 24th August 2008 (Cancelled) https://www.patriotsmc.co.uk/Patriot%20Games%202008.htm

Great Yorkshire Bike Show https://www.thegreatyorkshirebikeshow.co.uk/

How many more are there going to be?

Geoff.Campbell
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:34 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:

Well if you don't like it...

<Shrug>

I don't like it. That's why I mentioned it. But I figure there are more important issues at stake here.

Good to know that the biker world still revolves around seniority and division, though Smile

alec_h
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:40 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suprised MCN haven't twigged onto this tbh! They are usually the first to whack a downer on everything

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 23:48 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/user/2008/may/Welsh-Motorcycle-Show-cancelled/

DidierD
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:14 - 17 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

New statement on the Rock n Blues website... so there's still hope

Quote:
The following is a further public Statement on behalf of One Percent Entertainments Group concerning this year’s organisation of the 25th Anniversary of the annual “Rock & Blues Custom Show” also known this year as “RBCS 25”.

On the 6th May 2008 one day before One Percent Entertainments Group was due to sit its premises license hearing with the South Derbyshire District Council and representatives of the county’s planning and emergency services committee regarding RBCS 25 we made the decision to TEMPORARILY WITHDRAW the events premises license application. We then placed a statement on the event website to that effect and to the basic reason surrounding that decision which was based around representations made at the time by the Derbyshire Constabulary, citing they believed possible public disorder could take place at this year’s event. At no time have One Percent Entertainments officially declared that the event has been CANCELLED, that was only portrayed by and in the media to which at the time our company saw no reason to make comment too.

The last two weeks have been difficult for the RBCS 25 organising team and its legal representatives but we can now move forward from what was a static position and will be making further announcements in due course and can reassure everyone that due to obvious changing circumstances regarding the issue of Police objections which we based last weeks decision on, One Percent Entertainments Group will now be reissuing our premises license for this years event in due course.

Please however be patient with us, especially those of you who have already invested into admission tickets or invested as vendors at the event so far.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the many thousands of well wishers who have made your comments felt and shown huge support over the email contact left at the end of our previous website statement, all of which are positive towards not just our event but to the general state of repression this country is under, after all you, like us, do pay the bills for the running of it.

Get behind “Europe’s No1 Motorcycle and Music Festival” and feel free and continue to email us your honest views and opinions and please support and spread the RBCS 25 word and keep checking back with us for further announcements.

Thank you all for your patience and fantastic support so far.

https://www.rockandblues.uk.com/

31st March 2008 - Fully converted from four wheels to 2 sets of two wheels Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1