Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

anyone else fed up with the constant global warming chat?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

just me?
agree- it's starting to be a bit much.
75%
 75%  [ 59 ]
disagree- not until we're getting it forced inside our backsides will it be too much.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 78

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:

More that we are just now living long enough to get round to dying of cancer.

Childhood cancer cases are up 500% from the early 1900's.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 14:53 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

Laughing Of course I am. Rolling Eyes

You don't even know what a Hadon collider is, nor the damage it could create within this solar system, do you?

Nor the real damage the GM strains (terminator seeds etc) are doing to the ecology, do you?

What about the HPV (human pathaloma virus) injections they want all girls to take? Know about the auto-immune effects?

Muppet Laughing

No, but i'm sure you've got a nice line of wiki links to post up to prove yourself to me.

I don't profess to know everything, hence why I specify in one area. In truth this stops me making sweeping statements that are just patently not true.

One thing I have noted and this is from the numerous encounters you and Keith have in this very forum is that you are a very abstract character, at least on here anyway. Everything appears to be black or white, there is no debate in between, either somebody is right or somebody is wrong.

So HPV could prove an auto-immune response, but what about the benefits? The fact it is has been proven that to eradicate the HPV would decrease the occurence of Cervical cancer. Also cancer which you seem to note has increased dramtically since the 1900's is primarily because of one reason and one reason only. Life expentancy is nigh on 50% longer than it was in the 1900's and baring in mind that cancer is a disease that mostly affects people aged 40 or above and thus is a relatively new phenomenon. Also detection rates are much higher, neigh cancer wasn't even known about 100 years ago so how would there be any sort of records of child mortality related to cancer? It doesn't wash and no amount of internet URL's will change that.

I'm not saying i'm perfect, but I don't encourage the argument of the "Us against Them" regarding the government and your citizen, however I am able to appreciate that not everything that has gone on in the world has been for the greater good of mankind. History, my subject has taught us this.

The water I drink is cleaner than it was in 1908. I am likely to live helluva lot longer than I would in 1908. I am vaccinated over more diseases than I would be in 1908. I'm sure the "institution" has accounted for a lot of these reasons. It's because I can live longer that the UK government is increasing taxes. The NHS is buckling under it's own heavy weight.

If the global warming issue is enough for the government to tax me to high heaven, then tax me they will. I know in my heart that it is all a vacant lie. Yet I, like you i'm sure would appreciate at the very least some honesty from our government on this issue. Whilst at the same time i'm sure I am not being injected with MRSA when I go for a tetanus booster.

Now where did I put my pipe? Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:

It is often claimed but not true..

Doh, sorry Keith was getting muddled by the different gases. Sulphur dioxide is the gas I was meant to refer to. Fack, one of those days today. Confused

World Ahead Media have sponsored an essay competition in 2008, here's an extract from one of the winners...

The earth has had huge climate shifts with extreme warmth and extreme cold (remember reading about the ice age?) long before man could have possibly had any impact on the earth's climate. If man didn't exist on earth, these great climate shifts would still occur. There are two major questions regarding global warming. First, are we really in a long-term global warming trend and second, is man primarily responsible for this? The first may be true, but the second doesn't appear to be true.

If you ask an average person who is concerned about the environment to name the major factors affecting global warming, he'll probably fail to mention the two most important factors. First is the sun, which is actually quite volatile. Even small changes on the sun affect our climate. So, the most important factor affecting global warming, the sun, is not affected by anything mankind does.

In fact, other planets in our solar system are also getting warmer. Second is water vapor, which forms the cloud cover.

After the sun and water vapor come other, much less significant factors such as sulfur dioxide, methane, and carbon dioxide (CO2). To put this even further in perspective, more sulfur dioxide is spewed out through volcanoes and earth vents than by industrialization. Methane is produced by plant-eating animals, including man, so if you really want to make a serious dent in methane production, you need to resign yourself to the mass extinction of most plant-eating animals. As for CO2, which makes up less than 1/10th of 1 percent of the earth's atmosphere (Nitrogen and oxygen make up 99 percent of the earth's atmosphere), the average person, merely by existing, produces more CO2 than the average automobile. Even with the tremendous increase in CO2 in the atmosphere over the last 100 years, the average temperature of the earth has increased about 1 degree C, with most of that temperature increase occurring prior to the rapid increase in CO2 levels.

Many environmentalists believe that protecting the environment means keeping certain environmental conditions exactly the same, but the earth and its ecosystem are constantly evolving. The earth naturally goes through periods of warming and cooling, and some species die out, while others are created. And again – to add some perspective – some changes, such as CO2 increases and global warming, have some beneficial effects, such as increased crop yields and vegetation.

The crop thing is interesting. Recent theories suggest C4 category crops (of which humans rely heavily for food) perform much higher yield with higher levels of CO2.

Bleugh, anyway.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 04 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonB wrote:
No, but i'm sure you've got a nice line of wiki links to post up to prove yourself to me.

See, that's one of the things you just can't wrap your cranium around isn't it? Do you honestly think I enjoy the many ways in which our health, our futures, our dreams are being extinguished?

"And the people shall perish through lack of knowledge..."

I will now address the many topics mentioned in your post. Presumably you will now accuse me of being abstract, or quoting references <ooh shock horror>, or you'll excuse all of the horrors as 'accidents'.

HPV

There are more than 100 types of human papillomaviruses (HPVs). Of them, only 10-30 can cause cervical cancer. The rest can lead to skin infections that cause genital warts or common warts on your hands and feet. These are very common viruses, and an estimated 25 million Americans have HPV infections. However, this is NOT cause for alarm because, as even the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states: “In 90% of cases, your body’s immune system clears the HPV infection naturally within two years.” This is true whether the infection is the type that can cause warts or cancer.

Meanwhile, Merck’s Gardasil vaccine contains just four types of HPV. If you contract one of the 96+ types that aren’t included, you’re out of luck. And, if you’ve already been exposed to one of the four types of virus in the vaccine, it doesn’t work against those either. The long-term effects of using this vaccine on young girls is unknown, and in the short-term, many girls have already begun to suffer. Common side effects include pain, swelling, itching and redness at the injection site, fever, nausea, dizziness, vomiting and fainting. Severe allergic reactions, including difficulty breathing, have also been reported, as well as swollen glands, Guillain-Barre syndrome, headaches, joint pain, aching muscles, unusual tiredness and weakness.

As of last October, 3,461 complaints about Gardasil had been filed with the FDA's Vaccine Adverse Event Report System, and 11 women died after exposure to the vaccine. Meanwhile, aside from being injected with four types of HPV proteins, girls and women who receive this vaccine should know what else is in the shot:

1. Aluminum adjuvants, which have been linked to neurological damage including multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease.

2. Polysorbate 80, which has been linked to infertility in mice.

3. Sodium borate, a main ingredient in roach killer.

Links

https://www.judicialwatch.org/story/2008/may/judicial-watch-investigates-side-effects-hpv-vaccine

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/05/10/the-hpv-vaccine-preventive-care-or-human-sacrifice.aspx?PageIndex=2&CommentPosted=true#commentfocus

https://www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

Clean drinking Water

Does your water company fluoridate your water? In 1945 dentists set out to prove that adding fluoride chemicals into public water supplies safely prevented children’s tooth decay. The studies failed; but early fluoridationists ignored this inconvenient truth and forged ahead. In 1955, ten years into the experiment, researchers reported more bone defects, anemia and earlier female menstruation in children purposely dosed with sodium fluoride-laced drinking water (1956 Journal of the American Dental Association). This is the first, and only, fluoridation human health experiment which was carried out on the entire population in the city of Newburgh NY.

Fluoridation of UK drinking water supplies began in the early 1960s following the successful completion of trials which showed an improvement in the condition of the teeth of young children. Under the Water Industry Act 1991 the law previously allowed water companies to carry out fluoridation when requested to do so by Health Authorities, but they were not obliged to agree to a request. This was changed by the introduction of the Water Act 2003. Section 58 of the Water Act 2003 amended the legislation so that water companies now have to fluoridate drinking water supplies if asked to do so by a Strategic Health Authority (SHA).

A popular slogan employed by the ADA and other pro-fluoridation organizations is, "Nature thought of it first!" The slogan creates the impression that the fluoridation compounds used in water fluoridation are the same as those discovered many years ago in the water in some areas of the US. The fluoride compound in "naturally" fluoridated waters is calcium fluoride. Sodium fluoride, a common fluoridation agent, dissolves easily in water, but calcium fluoride does not.

Fluorides are cumulative toxins. The fact that fluorides accumulate in the body is the reason that US law requires the Surgeon General to set a Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) for fluoride content in public water supplies as determined by the EPA. This requirement is specifically aimed at avoiding a condition known as Crippling Skeletal Fluorosis (CSF), a disease thought to progress through three stages. The MCL, designed to prevent only the third and crippling stage of this disease, is set at 4ppm or 4mg per liter. It is assumed that people will retain half of this amount (2mg), and therefore 4mg per liter is deemed "safe." Yet a daily dose of 2-8mg is known to cause the third crippling stage of CSF.

In 1998 EPA scientists, whose job and legal duty it is to set the Maximum Contaminant Level in the US, declared that this 4ppm level was set fraudulently by outside forces in a decision that omitted 90 percent of the data showing the mutagenic properties of fluoride.

The Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products, 5th Edition (1984) gives lead a toxicity rating of 3 to 4 (3 = moderately toxic, 4 = very toxic) and the EPA has set 0.015 ppm as the MCL for lead in drinking water--with a goal of 0.0ppm. The toxicity rating for fluoride is 4, yet the MCL for fluoride is currently set at 4.0ppm, over 250 times the permissable level for lead.

As well as toxic sodium fluoride, our drinking water contains hormones from contraceptive pills, chlorines, prescription drugs (including seratonin reuptake inhibitors like Prozac), pesticides, heavy metals etc, etc. Check your local regulations against RDI levels.

Links

https://www.opednews.com/articles/life_a_sally_st_080121_1945_human_experimen.htm

https://www.southernwater.co.uk/homeAndLeisure/drinkingWater/drinkingWaterStandards.asp

https://www.rense.com/general73/ffl.htm

https://www.dwi.gov.uk/consumer/concerns/fluoridemaps.pdf

Vaccines

I've never said MRSA was in vaccines Rolling Eyes but mercury containing vaccines are still being administered in the UK and US today. [Just seen this - https://www.immunisation.nhs.uk/publications/thiomersalfsht.pdf ]

Thimerosal is the preservative of choice for vaccine manufacturers. First introduced by Eli Lilly and Company in the late 1920s and early 1930s, the company began selling it as a preservative in vaccines in the 1940s. Thimerosal contains 49.6 percent mercury by weight and is metabolized or degraded into ethylmercury and thiosalicylate. Mercury, or more precisely, ethylmercury, is the principle agent that kills contaminants. Unfortunately, mercury also kills much more than that.

The Department of Defense classifies mercury as a hazardous material that could cause death if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Studies indicate that mercury tends to accumulate in the brains of primates and other animals after they are injected with vaccines.

Mercury poisoning has been linked to cardiovascular disease, autism, seizures, mental retardation, hyperactivity, dyslexia and many other nervous system conditions. That's why the FDA rigorously limits exposure to mercury in foods and drugs. Some common sources of mercury include dental amalgam fillings, various vaccines and certain fish contaminated by polluted ocean waters.

The toxicity of mercury has never been in question. The real question is precisely how much mercury-laced thimerosal is toxic, and what are the possible consequences for our children at low doses?

Eli Lilly and Co. supposedly answered this question for us back in 1930. Concluding thimerosal to be of "a very low order of toxicity . . . for man," the company hired its own doctors to perform thimerosal experiments in Indianapolis City Hospital on meningitis patients during a severe outbreak in 1929. This 60-year-old evidence was still quoted on the company's brochures as recently as 1990. Andrew Waters, who is involved in a lawsuit against Eli Lilly, claims that most critical studies on the toxicity of thimerosal were suppressed by the company until now.

That might explain why thimerosal was eliminated in many countries 20 years ago. In 1977, a Russian study found that adults exposed to ethylmercury, the form of mercury in thimerosal, suffered brain damage years later. Studies on thimerosal poisoning also describe tubular necrosis and nervous system injury, including obtundation, coma and death. As a result of these findings, Russia banned thimerosal from children's vaccines in 1980. Denmark, Austria, Japan, Great Britain and all the Scandinavian countries have also banned the preservative.

Eli Lilly stuck to its "scientific" facts, but the truth began slipping between the cracks in 1999. After the number of immunizations rose to 12 to 15 per child, the public finally became privy to the possible dangers of thimerosal. One 1999 study revealed that some infants, due to a genetic or developmental factor, lack the ability to eliminate mercury. Trace amounts of mercury in these infants, when accumulated over several vaccines, could pose a severe health risk.

Links

https://www.thimerosalfyi.com/

https://www.rense.com/general79/merc.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_%28element%29

https://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/jun/30/tracymcveigh.antonybarnett
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4