BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Restriction

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

firg
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:00 - 07 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

So… are you basically telling me that I should get the bike restricted, have a certificate for the insurance, and then derestrict when I feel like it?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:03 - 07 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Only if you want to. It's illegal, and you could get in a fair bit of trouble for it if they ever found out. So it's up to you.

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 22:03 - 07 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So… are you basically telling me that I should get the bike restricted, have a certificate for the insurance, and then derestrict when I feel like it?

Basically either get it restricted then take them out for the certificate (this is what I did). Or do not bother at all I like having my certificate least I can show the cops this if the need ever arises.

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 09 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't been a member for very long, and i ain't been a biker for very long either, but i do find this topic a bit too revealing Shifty , how do you guys know that Dr, Cabbage or anyone else for that matter isn't a cop? i mean you wouldn't discuss this topic, in a police station or with someone you don't know would you, i know your all very helpful, but forums are very public, espically ones as big as BCF Neutral ?

Sorry to be a grump, but i feel like your exposing us Shifty .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 12:01 - 09 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Never had my bikes restricted, anyway i've got a full licence and 2.5 yearsriding experiance with no "road" crashes , IMO that intitles me to ride a fully powered bike Very Happy.

luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

v4forlife
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:16 - 09 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

398, it doesn't matter, cause all of this can just be put down as bragging, they would have to check the bikes out anyway, which I wont let them do(vfr never been restricted, I left it at the shop Laughing )
so no worries

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:26 - 09 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
anyway i've got a full licence and 2.5 years riding experience with no "road" crashes , IMO that intitles me to ride a fully powered bike Very Happy.

No. You have a 33bhp restricted license, which doesn't entitle you to ride a fully powered bike.

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:31 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an MT50, as it's restricted by the carburetter and a reed valve stopper plate I'd be simplist putting a 70 kit into it.

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrchips wrote:
I have an MT50, as it's restricted by the carburetter and a reed valve stopper plate I'd be simplist putting a 70 kit into it.

Jus put an H100 engine in it, fits straight into the MT frame, no problems Twisted Evil .

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only got it another few months so not much point at this stage. Sad

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 23:17 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't see the point in 33bhp restriction after today. On my way home from work I got pulled over by a bike cop who checked my bike over and handed me a producer. I have now given my documents in with no mention at all of 33bhp so I've got away with it. The moral of the story, I've saved £200.

firg
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:28 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

398cc wrote:
how do you guys know that Dr, Cabbage or anyone else for that matter isn't a cop?

Wow, I've been accused of a lot of things, but never of being a cop!! Very Happy (I feel so proud Mr. Green )

Shaun wrote:
...by a bike cop who checked my bike over and handed me a producer.

Erm... what's a producer?

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 23:29 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Cabbage wrote:
Erm... what's a producer?

Its a piece of paper that the police will give to you asking you to take your documents down to the barn to prove that your legal. If they had any knowledge or sense at all they would ask for a 33bhp certificate but fortunately they don't. Razz

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 23:38 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that, waited a month or two. Took it out mainly for the reason it was running crap with them in!

I never had a producer for the cirt in the two years of owning that bike and was never asked for it by my insurance!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:46 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I have now given my documents in with no mention at all of 33bhp so I've got away with it. The moral of the story, I've saved £200.

You have for this. But Goose was asked for proof of his restriction for his R6 crash by the insurance bods legal people. You'd be a bit fucked then Shocked .

danish@125
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:25 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much.........having heaps of fun on my NSR though Very Happy

I am wondering though, for those with no mechanical aptitude: i.e. me, how does one go about derestricting the NSR? I've checked out all the info on www.nsr125.com but I still feel like I'd make my baby blow up if I removed her fairing and fiddled with her Wink

I tried asking a local bike shop about derestricting and they said they'd probably charge me £100 or so including labour - this derestricting does not include tampering with the exhaust. Then I asked the dealer I got the bike from and he says it'd cost me aroung £300 (inc. labour charges) to get an arrow exhaust sorted and he might do something about the CDI. Now, according to the nsr125 derestricting guide, it'd be a lot more painlss to take out the restrictiors myself. But is it really???????

Thanks, Danish
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:29 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

danish@125 wrote:
Now, according to the nsr125 derestricting guide, it'd be a lot more painlss to take out the restrictiors myself. But is it really???????

Depending on where you are in the country you might be able to get someone on here to give you a hand.

It's not especially hard. Do the air intake one when you please, that's easy. For the exhaust, start it in the morning, but don't plan on being finished in time to do anything in the afternoon Laughing. It is a bit of a pain getting the restrictor out, but it is just time consuming. Make sure you've got a good amount of drill bits as you will break some. And have a few files for when you need to make the welds small enough to fit the restrictor over Smile.

And a way of getting to Homebase or somewhere when you break your last drill bit is also very very useful Laughing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2