Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 02:05 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: DIY sprayjob Reply with quote

Finished my first spray attempt on a panel

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/primer.jpg

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/paint.jpg

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/polished2.jpg

Smile

Will post more pics when the entire fairing is sprayed and mounted on bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 08:14 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me stealing my paint job ideas!

Looking good though Thumbs Up

priller
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:10 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red looks goot, but the white looks like its on flat at the bottom right of the last pic. Could just be the pic.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 14:06 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white is the original gloss coat of the skidmarx panel Very Happy And yes Laura, I was staggered by the beauty and elegance of your bike and it's paintjob I just had to nick the idea Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 15:46 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
That my faring or different one?

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 16:17 - 10 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not Luke, I'm using your fairing as a guide for masking these panels off. Once this set is done I'll respray yours.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:28 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very tidy mate, good job Thumbs Up Very Happy

You planning on getting some decals for the fairings?

I was thinking that the design and colour scheme almost looks like the Marlboro bike from a few years ago..........You not considered a race replica? Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 03:46 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fairings aren't for putting on my bike so they're being resprayed in original red/white/blue, so I am going to need copies of original honda decals. Specifically the Force V4 logo x2, Honda text decal x2 and the Honda text decal for the nose fairing. Not sure who can do them, will get in touch with Morgan though.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 20:18 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a better job than I did on M's lower fairings (I couldn't get the red as shiny as the rest of it Confused ).
We got the Lower 'Honda' Decals made up at a car accessories shop. There are some force V4 logos on ebay at the moment wrong colour though.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 21:19 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Stew, I found the the decal kit for the stock VFR in the Morgan Designs catalogue though lastnight (ta Mo) so can get them from there.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 13:18 - 12 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the fairings arrived this morning.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/cowl.jpg

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/spark.jpg

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/lights_190.jpg

v4forlife
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:57 - 12 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

those for the vfr?

if so, how much and where from?

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 15:15 - 12 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are from tyga performance by the looks of it. I would like to know how much that lot cost too, (including import duties etc) and where are you buying the petronas colour paint from? Wink

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 15:26 - 12 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all top secret Stew Wink

They are for the NC30/35 and as Stew said, come from Tyga Performance in Thailand.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:37 - 12 Mar 2004    Post subject: Spray paint Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up.

I've wanted to spray my bike for some time as i have some light scuffs, the only problem is every time i've tried spraying things in the past it ends up looking crap and i wish i never tried.

How do you get them to look like that. What do you use and how do you prep it (what grade sand paper, etc), also to paint it and finish it Is there a guide anywhere on the net cause i'm a novice at this but i want to learn.

Thanks for any help.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 00:11 - 13 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I sanded the bodywork with 800, primered, a few thin coats until it's solid, then a few more. Leave it to dry for 24hrs, then sand it with 1200, clean.

Apply the paint in thin coats, until solid, then a couple more. Leave it 24hrs, sand it lightly with 1200, clean, then spray a few more coats. Leave it 48hours then start lacquering, again lots of fairly thin coats, not too thin though and make sure you get a good few layers on, I usually go for about 8-10. Leave it to dry for 3 days minimum then use rubbing paste on it to get rid of any texture, circular motion as horizontal causes scratches. Then clean it and use a finer rubbing compound (I use a foaming one) that polishes it up. That's my basic method, I'm gonna play around with it a bit see if I can get better results.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:51 - 13 Mar 2004    Post subject: Paint Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm going to give it a few practice goes on some old panels and see how it turns out before i touch mine on my bike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1