Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Protective Clothing

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 23:38 - 17 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothes are up to you in the end mate, but for best protection you want proper kit, Boots to stop your ankles/feet been ripped to bits and leathers etc to stop your skin been tore off.

Even at 30mph your going to go through jeans VERY quickly and loose skin.

As for keeping cool - when your moving its ok, just when you stop its a bugger.

I wont say you have to wear full kit all the time, as I don't but you know the risks, and as such you make the decision.

Safe riding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 23:43 - 17 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I ride a 125 and I always wear full leathers. Whether you're on a NSR125 or a GSXR1000. It's still going to hurt all the same if you fall off at 80Mph on either. It's really down to how much you value your skin. A mate of mines fell off his MZ125 a few weeks back only wearing jeans going about 50Mph and his legs were horrible looking and he could barely walk for a while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 17 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You require the same level of protective clothing on a 125 as you do on any other bike. Don't think that because you are on a 125 that you will only be involved in a low speed crash. Some 125s can reach 100 mph no probs. And if you fall off at that speed ( or any speed really ) without trousers or boots, I'm sure you might regret it. Wink

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I only wear a jacket, and I wear my protective trousers and work boots when the weather is cold. You're better wearing plenty of protective clothing though, as said a 30mph crash will still rip you to shreds.

baldy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i am riding a small bike e.g. a scoot Shocked i just wear a normal coat and boots but when i ride a proper bike i wear at least my gloves, jacket and boots. makes sense really.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:19 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALso its very important not to forget that the first thing that goes down in a crash is your hands. Gloves are even almost more important than a Jacket. The same with boots. I would never go out in trainers because if I had an accident I'd end up with two pieces of hot melted plastc attached to my feet!

Gloves Boots, Helmet and jacket are the BARE minimum IMO! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 00:23 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's totally your choice as to what you choose to wear. The only compulsory item is a helmet and plenty of people ride their bikes (usually st fighters) with just jeans and bomber jacket.

Personally I much prefer riding in my leather 2-piece, gloves and boots. (and I would wear a helmet even if it wasn't compulsory).

baldy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i once came off a honda cub 90 on the field Rolling Eyes . i was wearing no protective gear and my left hand was ripped open by the handlebar when it hit the ground.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 44 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1