Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Questions for ZaphodBeeble and other DT125 owners

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

daiO
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:13 - 17 Mar 2004    Post subject: Questions for ZaphodBeeble and other DT125 owners Reply with quote

Hi. I’ve been looking around the forum and I’ve noticed that you own a DT125. I’m looking to buy a bike in the summer and I’m thinking of getting a similar style bike. I’ve just a few questions for you:

How does the Dt125 perform off road?
What is the insurance like?
I also live in south Wales (Ebbw Vale) area and could you recommend any dealers or places to pick up any kit such as helmets etc?

Thanks, David

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 17 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DT is fine off road. It's not too high geared to cause it any problems in the muck and it's good for long journeys off road too. If you like blasting around a field then you want a lower geared bike but if you are going to be riding around all over the place then the DT is your best bet. You could also consider a KMX125 which is very similar.

Another thing about the DT is the fuel economy (compared to a CR250). It's so much better. I had a CR250 last year and it used a lot of fuel compared to how much the DT uses.

Get a road registered DT or KMX and use it on and off road, it will be good fun. Insurance can't be that expensive for you on a 125.

Good luck. Thumbs Up Smile

ps. Bob Wilding in Merthyr is good for bits and clothing. 01685 385201.

daiO
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:19 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate. Think i'll get one and practice off road, do my cbt then use it to learn to ride on the road.

Also been looking at honda's xr125 but there dont seem to be many second hand ones about as its a new model.

What are these types of bikes like riding at about 50-60? There's only one A road around where i live and will be riding. I can avoid it if i have to!

Roll on the summer! Mr. Green

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:53 - 19 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any bike like the DT can be uncomfortable at higher speeds mainly due to the fact that you are sat upright, compared to a sports 125. The wind starts to really beat at you. If you are travelling for about 15 minutes at 60 to 75mph I'd say it would get annoying, but to be honest, I don't care about it I just enjoy the ride regardless of the wind. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1