Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Which is a better second bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

gstang95gt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:04 - 19 Mar 2004    Post subject: Which is a better second bike. Reply with quote

I am looking at either an f4i or an r6. I have sat on both of them and feel comfortable on both. My biggest concern is i dont want the r6 to be to much bike or the f4i to not be enough bike. The bike i learned on is a yamaha seca II or xj600s it had a 4 into 1 pipe and stage 3 jets. and i want somthing that handles better and has more power. I hope this makes sense and i appreciate the input.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:10 - 19 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much experience have you got?

The R6 is a very focused bike and will kick you in the ass as soon look at you if you're not careful.

The CBR600 (f4i) will be a lot more forgiving but not as potent as the R6 if you are a quick rider.

Also, what do you want the bike for? If its for sunday blasts on the twisties and the odd trackday then the R6 may be better - if you plan on commuting or touring on it as well then the CBR may be better.

gstang95gt
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 04:46 - 19 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been riding for 2 years

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:28 - 20 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want it for?

On the road both bikes are actually very close, it's only when you're pushing it that extra % that you really notice the differences between them.
Personally I'd choose a CBR for the road and a r6 for the track. I don't like the riding position of the r6 for the road really.
If you don't mind the position and just want something for weekend blasts then the r6 is probably a little better... just because it kind of inspires lunacy Smile.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1