Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Police violence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic : View next topic  

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.infowars.com/?p=3961 Confused

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad_man wrote:
https://www.infowars.com/?p=3961 Confused

And that's exactly how it goes down in this country, time after time after time. The pigs beat somebody with no justification, THEN say it was THEMSELVES who were assaulted, and an innocent man goes to prison.

More and more of these filth are being caught on camera. And STILL getting away with it. It needs to be fucking well dealt with, they are totally out of control.

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

:Yawn:

Denver hasn't been subject to the Crown for 220 or years Hetzer...

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 15 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
:Yawn:

Denver hasn't been subject to the Crown for 220 or years Hetzer...

Sorry, should I have italicized the "this" to make clear what should have been obvious? Or do you really think I think Denver is in the UK?

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I really do wonder.

Come on then, bring on the mass of evidence that English police officers routinely get away with unnecessary violence.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:

Come on then, bring on the mass of evidence that English police officers routinely get away with unnecessary violence.

Check out Youtube, apply the 'Tip of the Iceberg Principle' and voila!

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scientific basis for this tip of the iceberg rule is?

What you are doing would be like me saying because a couple of people got mugged by blackmen where I used to live that all black men are muggers.

That would just be prejudice and patently not true.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:13 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:

Common sense.

If X number of incidents are caught on camera, where the presense of cameras at incidents can be calculated as a minimal approximate percentage, it follows that a far greater number of incidents are happening that are un-recorded on cameras.

Unless you believe that by some incredible chance ALL the incidents of criminal police brutality just happened to be caught on camera? Odds for that I can't even begin to calculate.

It's a perfectly scientific principle, as it's governed by the laws of averages/probability. Not many people routinely carry video cameras, or are able to deploy them in the heat of the moment when they DO have them. The police being caught bang at it is RARE. So when they are we are able to extrapolate, roughly, the total number of times they're at it from the number of times they've been recorded.

I'd say that for evey time they're at it, and recorded, they're at it another 999 times where they're not recorded. Assuming one in one-thousand people carry, or are quick-witted enough to deploy, a video camera when a pig incident goes off.

The TOTIB principle just needed a bit of critical-mass to work with. Now we have that and we know, broadly speaking, the extent of the problem regarding vicious criminal pig scum brutalizing innocent citizens.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:

How about the time I was woken in bed by two thugs who were punching me?

I fought back, turned out they were coppers.

Then THEY claimed I assaulted them.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:32 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked them to do that - I'll teach you to get chopsy in arguments on the t'internet!

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chopsy?

I like that.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:43 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here to help Fella, here to help.... Wink

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Kal wrote:

Common sense.

If X number of incidents are caught on camera, where the presense of cameras at incidents can be calculated as a minimal approximate percentage, it follows that a far greater number of incidents are happening that are un-recorded on cameras.

Unless you believe that by some incredible chance ALL the incidents of criminal police brutality just happened to be caught on camera? Odds for that I can't even begin to calculate.

It's a perfectly scientific principle, as it's governed by the laws of averages/probability. Not many people routinely carry video cameras, or are able to deploy them in the heat of the moment when they DO have them. The police being caught bang at it is RARE. So when they are we are able to extrapolate, roughly, the total number of times they're at it from the number of times they've been recorded.

I'd say that for evey time they're at it, and recorded, they're at it another 999 times where they're not recorded. Assuming one in one-thousand people carry, or are quick-witted enough to deploy, a video camera when a pig incident goes off.

The TOTIB principle just needed a bit of critical-mass to work with. Now we have that and we know, broadly speaking, the extent of the problem regarding vicious criminal pig scum brutalizing innocent citizens.

So you are sayig all black men are muggers then?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:

So you are sayig all black men are muggers then?

Don't be silly.

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I am doing is applying your principle to another demographic, it isn't my fault it is flawed.

If the principle were sound it should stand up to that kind of testing.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
All I am doing is applying your principle to another demographic, it isn't my fault it is flawed.

You're applying the principle out of context, but even so it has a certain validity.

I apply it to the police (all police are scum, even though we know there are a few decent ones) because to do otherwise gives them an advantage. Giving any pig the benefit of the doubt will see you banged up for something you haven't done, or otherwise getting shafted. Best course of action is to view them with blanket distrust and suspicion, you'll last longer that way.

Black guys. If you're walking through a dodgy area and spot a couple, do you go right past them or be a bit circumspect and steer clear? Most likely they're not muggers, or crack-heads or whatever, but " best course of action is to view them with blanket distrust and suspicion, you'll last longer that way".

Bit like snakes really. Not all are poisonous, but if you don't know the strength of a particular one are you going to let it bite you before you know if it's poisonous or not? Best course of action is to view them with blanket distrust and suspicion, you'll last longer that way.

Get the point?

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I view ALL people with suspicision until I get a feel for who they are, however I don't assume that anyone is a bad person just because they fall into a particular demographic.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
Personally I view ALL people with suspicision until I get a feel for who they are, however I don't assume that anyone is a bad person just because they fall into a particular demographic.

Lucky you live in a reasonably ordered society then, otherwise you'd be dead.

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same society that you live in Hetzer.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
It is the same society that you live in Hetzer.

Same society, different strata. If you'd ever lived in mine you'd know exactly what I'm talking about and how much truth there is in it.

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 16 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, I'm not well off and generally don't live in what are regarded as 'good' neighbourhoods

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6