Getting the blame...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

T.C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiN wrote:
T.C - I think that it's part of my insurance "free legal service" thing. Once I told my broker of the accident, they immediately passed me onto them (CRS - Claims Recovery Service).

Says it all! Wink

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 10:36 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiN I had the same thing from my insurer bike team, they were crap and did sod all so I changed to a solicitor I knew (Who is also doing it for free because we know him Wink)

James
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

T.C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboJ wrote:
TiN I had the same thing from my insurer bike team, they were crap and did sod all so I changed to a solicitor I knew (Who is also doing it for free because we know him Wink)

James

If you win he will still get paid, as his costs will be claimed against the defendant.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:59 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can it be your fault TiN?

Just stand your ground and put up the strongest fight you can against them.

And kick your lawyers up the ass! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 11:14 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.C wrote:

If you win he will still get paid, as his costs will be claimed against the defendant.

Yes I know but he won't be taking any of the winnings as the firm normally does, oh and I will win Wink
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

T.C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboJ wrote:
T.C wrote:

Yes I know but he won't be taking any of the winnings as the firm normally does, oh and I will win Wink

A solicitor shouldn't take any of the winnings anyway. Most law firms now guarantee that the client keeps 100% of their compensation, if they don't then they shouldn't be used.

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is almost exactly what happened to me TiN. I managed to get a day's lost salary out of the bloke that hit me so I assume his insurance company admitted responsiblility. I was told that if anyone pull out in from of you, even if you are filtering it's still their fault. Good luck matey. Thumbs Up

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 11:25 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had an accident on the Storm, the driver was admitting blame at the side of the road, we both agreed to leave it as my bike wasn't damaged /that/ badly and seeing as it was his fault he should replace his door. Few months down the line and I get a letter from the legal people representing him telling me they want me to admit fault within seven days or they would take me to court. Did I have a field day or what, I wrote a 5 page letter basically telling them to screw themselves, collected witness statements saying it was his fault, that he tried to cover his faults by turning on his indicator once he was at the side of the road and I also scanned my doctor's note. In my letter I told them I wanted the money for all the gear he'd damaged, my fairing repair and respray (£1000) Wink as well as money for missing work and compensation for all the pain that was caused. They agreed to payout £2000. I bet the driver is being 'advised' to make a claim against you purely for the fact that they don't want to pay out. I know it's worrying but stick to your guns and you'll come out on top.

MitoIslander
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:51 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just incase the third party tries any "Funny Business" Rule 91 of the highway code... Wink

Hope it Helps

Jay
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2