Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

what a shit day

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: what a shit day Reply with quote

I'm talking about yesterday, which was supposed to be one of the best days ever cos I finally got my bike back.

In case you don't know already its been in a garage for ages waiting for a front brake master cylinder cos they said they couldn't get hold of one. Eventually I had a look myself- spent 20 minutes on the internet and the phone and found one about 15 miles away in the main Cagiva dealer for the North East (they didn't try there????).

I had an exam yesterday afternoon which makes it a shit day straight away, but I had my bike to look forward to after that Very Happy . I picked it up went for a ride to the petrol station (not the closer one in town the one on the A road Very Happy ) and it cut out about 2 miles from my house. I opened the throttle and it just started spluttering and died meaning the car behind nearly hit me. So I had to push it home- and I should have expected it but it started to rain Crying or Very sad To make things worse a group of boy racers in a tarted up Nova slowed down and wound down the windows just to laugh at me getting soaked Evil or Very Mad

The garage has had my bike for ages and it doesn't even fucking run. It's got a couple of marks and a very small tear in the seat that wasn't there before as well, but I didn't notice till I got home. They only realised when they put the master cylinder on that the front brake light switch is missing, so I have to make sure I use the back brake when braking to show the light until the one I ordered arrives. Then I realised this morning that they've put the rear brake back together wrong so the pedal catches and the light doesn't go off unless you put your foot under the pedal and pull it back up. It takes the piss- its going back there this afternoon.

AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 15:44 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate Sad sounds like they dont know what they are doing!

It sounds to me like the spark plug needs replacing? My scooter (maybe a bit different but possibly similar case) was fine until you opened up the throttle fully which was when it started spluttering. Do you have trouble starting the bike? if it will start at all.

Either way the garage sounds crap! isnt there another one near you that you can use in the future? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no garages as close, but don't worry I'm not going back there again.

My Dad said it might be the spark plug but getting at it involves near enough stripping the bike. I'd rather have them do it on principle cos they were paid to service it as well, so they should of checked the spark plug in the first place.

MaRTiN
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck mate, a similar thing happened to me on my old NSR, turned out spark plug was gone. But it happened to me on my 17th birthday and it was raining

MaRTiN
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck mate, a similar thing happened to me on my old NSR, turned out spark plug was gone. But it happened to me on my 17th birthday and it was raining

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 17:31 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of things, but first off,
martin - you keep on double posting. are you double clicking on the submit button, because i think this will cause a double post.

secondly, it could be spark plug, it could be carb. on my 50 one day it wouldn't rev above 4000 rpm without cutting out, and then it just wouldn;t start. the carb was blocked with some rust from the fuel tank, so i had it stripped and cleaned and an inline filter fitted for 30 quid, which is reasonable.

as for going back to the garage, at least go back there to get the work they cocked up corrected and maybe some compensation for the ripped seat, they cant charge you to correct ehat they fucked up. if they refuse, tell them you'll write a letter to mcn on RiDE about them. RiDE love to bitch about shit garages.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope u get it sorted i no uve been waitin for ur bike for time, get it sorted or go to the trading standards and complain about the dealer if ur not happy...

tj

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about the troubles, y is it when something bad happens it always rains to top it off (must be a brittish thing Laughing )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation The Curse of the Forum!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Laughing

curryhead
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:13 - 29 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

id be pissed off at that. i took my bike to dobles in coulsdon and it came out with bent steering. i took it back after i got half a mile down the road. they fixed it then i rode off again and my speedo didnt work
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1