BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Indicators

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

DaveS
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:37 - 26 Mar 2004    Post subject: Indicators Reply with quote

My front indicators don't work and my back 2 stay lit instead of flashing.

When i switch the indicators the relay clicks once and the rear ones stay full on.. the front do nothing.

The bulbs are fine on the front and i wondered could i just take a feed from the rear ones and wire the fronts to it?
If so they still wouldn't flash would they?
The front repeaters have wires going into the loom and after that I cant find them.

Need help as cant really ride without doing something!
Thanks in advance

..Dave

P.S. Sorry bike is F-Reg Yamaha TZR

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 12:39 - 30 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the contacts on the relay and make sure they are nice and clean and not all well corroded.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jimbo
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:56 - 30 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rear indicators staying on and the "single click" of the relay is normal if a front indicator isn't working. The flasher relay only works properly if it has a full load of two bulbs connected.
So you'd suspect a blown or disconnected bulb in the front.

Have you had the side fairings off recently? You might have forgotten to reconnect the wires for the indicators.
If these wires are connected (it doesn't matter which wire is connected to which), then take the side fairings off, lift the tank, and follow the wire up to the connector block. Check to make sure the connector isn't corroded. Then follow the wire colours on up to the flasher relay like Hex said.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1