Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

what bike shall i buy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

boomboomsav
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:54 - 28 Mar 2004    Post subject: what bike shall i buy? Reply with quote

hi all
i am 17 and have passed my cbt. i have £2500 to sped on a bike but cannot decide what to get. i was thinking of buying a new honda cbr 125r but i read the review of it in ride and now i'm not to sure. i have also read some of the posts about it on here and that put me off even more! shall i just take my full test before i buy anything? or shall i go for a second hand 2 stroke? Question

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 28 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=22219

That will probably answer the question Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

boomboomsav
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:04 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers
i have read the posts about the cbr 125 and can see that it is pretty much hated all round! so an rs or nsr would be my best bet? i have looked at them and new are definently out of my price range, but so are second hand! i live in bristol and the rs's seem to go for over 2k! if i am going to buy second hand i would ideally like to spend no more than £1800. but can i get a rs or nsr in good nick for that price? if anyone is selling an rs or nsr in the bristol area please post. cheers

Irdawood the 2nd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:30 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check you private messages mate. Very Happy

Well after actually seeing the CBR 125 its not something i would be caught on. If i had a choice i would definitely go for the Honda NSR but then again i am being biased as i have one.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have £2500 to spend how can a second hand NSR (or even RS) possibly be out of your price range Question

I picked up mine for £350 ( well it needs work done on it)

But there are plenty around for £700 or less, have a look on ebay and various bike forums.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 30 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this bike for sale:
1988 YAMAHA TZR 125 L
White.10 months m.o.t full engine rebuild,completely standard,very tidy bike,unwanted gift. 13500 miles. £750.

Are these bike any good and is this a good deal?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:12 - 30 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Probably not a bad deal. They are not bad little bikes, but quite skinny. Reliable if kept standard as well. Finish is not that great. The fairing was an optional extra.

All the best

Keith

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I've seen a 95 Mito for £800 so I think I'll go for that.

Nice avatar btw
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 21 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1