Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insurance and Bikes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Belcher
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Insurance and Bikes Reply with quote

Hi folks.

Im trying to get a decent insurance quote and am having trouble finding one. My question is do claims made in a motorcar still count against you when insuring a motorbike? I had a crash last year in my Punto and a month earlier it had been broken into. Do these claims on my history have to be made know when im trying to insure a motorbike?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:19 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends, they usually ask if you have had any accidents in the last year (sometimes the last two or three years) and you have to tell them about the accident but not necessarily the break in.

Also they sometimes ask (as well as or instead of the above) if you have made any claims in the last 12 months or 2 years or whatever. You have to declare all of the car stuff then.

If they don't ask then don't say.

My advice would be to say (if they ask you either of the above):
"Not on a bike, no."

Then if they say you have to declare the car stuff you'll have to, if they ignore it then you don't!

HTH Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed,

The questions asked on-line always refer to a bike - for instance I have a 9 years no claims on my car but only 4 on the bike. For insurance always go to Carole Nash and the Bennets first then shop around, the differences are immense - one quote I got was £300 more than the cheapest one & it was with a different broker but same insurer!

Fat Controller
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd always declare all incidents in the time they specify. That way they cannot come back to you later.

Say for example your bike was stolen and you did not declare the break into your Punto and it hapened to be both at home then the insurers could say that it was a fact which would have influenced them in their decision or pricing and not pay your claim.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 11:09 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Danny's Insurance Service - for a small fee our very own Danny will spend the entire day on the phone getting your premium down while you sit on the veranda sipping mint dewlips and whipping the houseboy. Very Happy

Seriously though - he's good. Thumbs Up

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 12:48 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bendy said, for a small fee I'll get your insurance premium down.

If I don't save you money you don't pay me!

PM me if your interested.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1