BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Bike pics

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: New Bike pics Reply with quote

Well I finally bought myself a new bike. So here's some pics of it. Feast your eyes Wink

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:19 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: New Bike pics Reply with quote

Great Choice!
Used to have the 750 and these things handle SO well! Very Happy

If yer thinking of getting the TRE mod.. I'd def' recommend it for more acceleration and smoother control 'round town!

Enjoy! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: New Bike pics Reply with quote

Chills wrote:
Great Choice!
Used to have the 750 and these things handle SO well! Very Happy

If yer thinking of getting the TRE mod.. I'd def' recommend it for more acceleration and smoother control 'round town!

Enjoy! Smile

Christ I've only just got it and your'e telling me to make it faster Laughing

Thumbs Up I'll have a sleep on that one Wink

I've only had it out today, but it's been pissing down Confused It rides like a dream though. v v fast and the exaust sounds awesome Thumbs Up

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:39 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: New Bike pics Reply with quote

True Blue wrote:
Christ I've only just got it and you're telling me to make it faster Laughing

Its a Gixxer! The ultimate hooligan's tool! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 19:54 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Smile Thumbs Up

If you are ever down south I wouldn't mind a test ride. Wink

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

anytime matey Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:32 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: New Bike pics Reply with quote

Nice. Cool

Chills wrote:
If yer thinking of getting the TRE mod.. I'd def' recommend it for more acceleration and smoother control 'round town!)

Hmmm. I've heard lots of different things about these. Some mechanics say they're as much use a chocolate teapot (the same mechanics who fucked my bike for me.... Rolling Eyes) some say they do nothing but increase fuel consumption, and some say they're really good.

If you're interested, what they do is trick the ECU into thinking it is in 6th gear all the time, as they do not have full power in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear due to emission requirements. Basically it gets rid of this.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:53 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stuff about the TRE...

The TRE is a device which allows much better throttle response in the first 4 gears on all EFI Suzuki sportbike models.What the manufacturer has done is to make a seperate ignition map for the first four gears. This has been done for either safety and/or emissions reasons. However, it limits the power and smoothness of your bike in the first 1/2 turn of the throttle in gears 1 through 4. They were clever in the design of this timing retarder. It still allows full timing at full throttle. As you shift up through the gears, the amount of throttle needed to access the advance curve decreases, until you make it into 5th gear and then it's gone. You have nice, smooth operation. Wouldn't you like your bike to respond just as smoothly in the lower gears? That is why someone invented the TRE! I couldn't stand how these particular models ran in traffic. In addition, while going into a curve and closing the throttle in 2nd or 3rd gear the engine would come back with a big jerk when reapplying the throttle. After my TRE installation, gear changing was much smoother.The TRE will disable the speed limiter on the 2001 GSXR1000 and 2001 GSX1300R. This due to the fact that the ECM does not see the 6th gear ignition map, which has an earlier rev-limiter.

- The TRE is a direct "plug in" installation to your bike - no cutting or splicing
- The TRE has no effect at full throttle
- The TRE does have an effect at throttle openings up to 1/2 in gears 1 through 4 at ANY rpm
- The TRE will disable the speed limiter on the 2001 GSXR1000 and 2001 GSX1300R
- The TRE does not affect full throttle power (This has been verified on the dyno as well as on the road under controlled conditions)
- The TRE has also been tested by Sport Rider Magazine, with rave reviews The TRE is for "race use only"
- The TRE does not comply with your warranty
- The TRE does not comply with emission laws.

- The TRE will work in all these models:
1998 and up TL1000S (use TRE-003 for 1997 TL1000S)
1998 and up TL1000R
1999 and up GSX1300R
1998 and up GSXR750
2001 and up GSXR600
2001 and up GSXR1000

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: nice bike Reply with quote

Nice bike.

Hope to see it if sometime.

Swaffs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I get all that Wink

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 03 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: nice bike Reply with quote

swaffs wrote:
Nice bike.

Hope to see it if sometime.

Swaffs

Yeah, you need to all get yourselves up to Glasgow Very Happy Wink

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm........

I'm in Newcastle in a few weeks for easter egg run but that's far enough !!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:48 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: New Bike pics Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
...Hmmm. I've heard lots of different things about these (TRE Mod). Some mechanics say they're as much use a chocolate teapot (the same mechanics who fucked my bike for me.... Rolling Eyes) some say they do nothing but increase fuel consumption, and some say they're really good...

My TRE mod cost $14 and was switchable. If you don't like it, turn it off! Simple!
You can see it on my gixxer page: https://www.ac-hills.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gsxr.htm
I don't believe those dyno charts as Ste is right in that it won't increase overall power, just how much you get in the low gears.
Also be aware that it decreases engine braking LOADS in those gears so go easy the first time you head out.

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

swaffs wrote:
hmmmm........

I'm in Newcastle in a few weeks for easter egg run but that's far enough !!!!!

I've been working down there for the last 10 months as well. But I finished up about 3 weeks ago Rolling Eyes

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Re: New Bike pics Reply with quote

Chills wrote:
My TRE mod cost $14 and was switchable.

For $14 I'd certainly give it a try. I couldn't see it on that website though, you think you could point me in the right direction chills? Thumbs Up

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:06 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 dyno charts show my bike with the TRE switched off and then on... the bottom left pic shows the red TRE switch under the seat and the link https://www.bluegauges.com takes you to the guy who sold the kits..
I just had a quick check on his site and couldn't see them but he DEF used to sell em for $14. Maybe email him? Otherwise if you jump onto a gixxer forum like https://www.gixxer.com/, they'll put you in the right direction! Smile
BTW - as your bike is secondhand and the guy has obviously modded it (v. nicely too).. you sure he hasn't already done the TRE mod?

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at that bluegauges site and like you say it doesn't seem to be there, though there is some mention of it. Maybe i will email him later then.

The guy that sold the bike to me didn't mention anything about it but I'll have a wee look.

Quote:
the guy has obviously modded it

Yeah I like most of the mods. Things I would probably have bought myself like The blue double bubble screen, undertray, race can. etc are cool and I especially like the blue wheels Cool but I think I might loose the blue iodonised pegs and bar ends, I think they are a bit tacky. Confused Not sure whether to put the rear pegs on or not. I think I'll get a rear hugger as well, I was out in the pissing rain yesterday and it was a bit mucky Confused

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:17 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Blue wrote:
...The guy that sold the bike to me didn't mention anything about it but I'll have a wee look.

...but I think I might loose the blue iodonised pegs and bar ends, I think they are a bit tacky. Confused Not sure whether to put the rear pegs on or not.

There may not be a switch, most people just hardwire the mod in without a switch but if you check the forum, there's some way of telling by pulling in the clutch in neutral and the revs go down.. Question

And yeah, personally I prefer the standard pegs.. Did he supply the standard jobbies with the bike?

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chills wrote:
And yeah, personally I prefer the standard pegs.. Did he supply the standard jobbies with the bike?

Yeah, when I was talking on the phone to him he was saying how he had these "cool" blue pegs and I was like, erm...do you still have the originals? Laughing

Another thing, that LED tail light doesn't strike me as being particularly bright Confused Though I havent seen it at night yet.

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks goregous!

Be careful on the throttle with that baby. Cool

Crazy Manx Man
The Fly Swatter

PostPosted: 16:20 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Congrats! and ride safely on it.

I can't see the writing on the rear end but to me it looks like the 600 with those forks... Cool

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Manx Man wrote:
I can't see the writing on the rear end but to me it looks like the 600 with those forks... Cool

Yeah it's a 600 all right. Thumbs Up Actually I did look at some 750s, but I'm getting too sensible in my old age so opted for the 600 Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1